[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain Watto and Qui-Gon Jinn's bet to me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Watto.jpg (80KB, 664x872px) Image search: [Google]
Watto.jpg
80KB, 664x872px
Can someone explain Watto and Qui-Gon Jinn's bet to me?

I need to know all the details.
>>
the bet was that if qui won he d take what he needed for free. if he lost he wouldnt
>>
>>80134096
But Qui Gon offered his ship at some point
>>
File: 20140508_200508.jpg (74KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
20140508_200508.jpg
74KB, 480x640px
What was Watto's tax policy?
>>
>>80134096
blue is boy red is mother
>>
>>80134335
one for allah, two for jah
>>
>>80134045
i supply the pod you supply the boy if the boy wins i get a hyperdrive and the boy but not his mom because no pod is worth two slaves not by a long shot and you get the prizemoney and if the boy doesn't win you get my ship and you get the pod either way maybe we can discuss it with the hutts

I feel like there are probably joke youtubepoop edits that actually make it clearer than the movie did.
>>
>>80134045
watto keeps the ship if anakin loses. He forks over a hyperdrive and keeps the winnings minus the cost of fixing the hyperdrive if anakin wins
>>
>>80134506
didn't Watto pay the entry fee as well
>>
>>80134045
Do you want the main gestalt or the whole enchilada?
>>
Why are space Jews immune to the force?
>>
>>80134565
enchilada me up I need all the details.
>>
>>80134581
because whatyouthinkyouresomekindofjediwavingyourhandaroundlikethatimatoydarianmindtricksdontworkonmeonlymonynomoneynopartsnodeal
>>
Qui Gon lied about where the pod came from and im exchange for Watto paying the entrance fee and
allowing Anakin to race if Anakin won then Watto would get the winnings and Qui Gonn the parts and Anakin if Anakin lost he would get the Nubian cruiser
>>
>But uh you might as well buy a new ship, it would be cheaper I think.

Watto gave some great advice before Qui-Gon started being a dickhead, why didn't he just buy a new ship?
>>
Qui Gon bet their ship if Anakin loses the race. If he wins Watto would give them the parts they need plus the winnings. In either case Watto would cover the entry fee.

Later Qui Gon said he wanted Anakin too and included the pod that Anakin built that Watto didn't know about in his ante. Watto agreed if Qui Gon would also cover the entry fee and give him all of the winnings minus the cost of the parts.

On the side Watto bet heavily on Sebulba winning so that's why he said "I've lost everything." assuming that the official reward for winning is far less than what he gambled on Anakin losing to Sebulba.
>>
>>80134659
Wouldnt Watto know Anakin built a pod racer? He worked in his god damn shop and must of mentioned it, or at least bought the parts from Watto?
>>
>>80134667
The Queen's wardrobe would only fit in the Nubian cruiser and republic credits were worthless because apparently currency exchanges don't exist in the Star Wars Universe
>>
>>80134708
why did Qui Gon scam Watto, the fuck was his problem
>>
>>80134641
lol
>>
>>80134667
Qui Gon had dozens of options to pursue instead of proposing his stupid, risky bet.

He could have ignored Watto's obvious lie that no one else on the entire planet had the parts they needed.

He could have traded the Queen's luxury yacht for a cheaper ship that worked, or even just passage to Coruscant.

He could have gone to the Hutts to exchange his credits for local currency, since an intergalactic crime syndicate would probably have use for Republic money.

He could have walked down the street and used to force to trick some sap into giving him money, since he was already willing to con a random merchant.

He could have sweetened the deal by bartering the Queen's wardrobe, her droids, or even his own lightsaber.

etc.
>>
File: 1466404637949.jpg (41KB, 408x441px) Image search: [Google]
1466404637949.jpg
41KB, 408x441px
>>80134045
If Qui-Gon Jinn won the bet, he'd get his ship repaired and be allowed to bring Anakin with him.

If Qui-Gon Jinn lost the bet, he'd get his ship repaired and be allowed to bring Anakin with him after he took Watto outside and lightsabered his wings off.
>>
>>80134589
Qui Gon rambled at Watto until the little freak was willing to put up whatever they needed in exchange for Anakin winning the race.

Then he used the force to pinch Sebulba's brainstem at the end of the final lap.
>>
>>80134940
He wanted to abduct a child because of his midichlorians ratio.
>>
>>80134667
>>80135235

Nobody took republic credits there, they were basically broke.

And Qui Gon really wanted more than just the parts, he wanted to train Anakin.
>>
>>80135570
Well in addition to there being zero fucking evidence for that aside from the word of the first scumbag they bothered to speak to, it doesn't really address any of the other myriad options they had.

Also, which is riskier: come back for the kid a week later, or bet on him winning a deadly race that no human has ever managed to even finish?
>>
>>80135235
I image they didn't want to deal with the Hutts because if they found out the queen was there they would try to kidnap her.

Also Jedi cant use the force to commit crimes like making someone give you money (ignoring the fact that Qui-Gon influenced the chance cube)

And what would they have done with the queens wardrobe? No one on that planet would have wanted it. Now the hand maidens on the other hand.....
>>
>>80135399
Sure Sure... That won't stand up in court.
>>
>>80137134
I don't think Qui-Gon particularly cares about the Jedi code.
>>
I think it's like that scene from Django Unchained where Django wants to free his wife, but can't just buy her. So he pretends to want to buy the fighting negro, and her as an afterthought. If Qui Gon was to get Anakin, he had to make some deal with Watto.
>>
>>80137134
>Also Jedi cant use the force to commit crimes like making someone give you money (ignoring the fact that Qui-Gon influenced the chance cube)

And also ignoring the fact that he tried to use the force to mind trick Watto into accepting valueless currency (that is to say, nothing at all) in exchange for fixing their ship.

Here's another solution, with no victims: they head down to the nearest spaceport, Qui Gon finds a freight hauler he can use the force on, and then he handwaves the dude into giving them all a free trip to Coruscant. Then, when they get there, the freighter gets a couple thousand credits for his trouble and no one's feathers are ruffled.

TA DA
>>
>>80134335
It's INTEREST, not tax. How many times do I have to explain the difference, filthy goy?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.