[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all the aliens in Star Wars look so fucking stupid? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Darth_Maul_profile.png (785KB, 653x816px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_profile.png
785KB, 653x816px
Why do all the aliens in Star Wars look so fucking stupid? It's the reason I never wanted to watch the series as a kid; everything just looked completely ugly.
>>
how do you want them to look?
>>
Worst glue job i've ever seen.
>>
maul was the only good thing to come out of the prequels
>>
>>80118634
A little more dignified at least. Grievous looks badass, and I think the designs for rodians and moon calamari look fine too.

But shit like the Wookies, Twi'lek, that weird Satan asshole in A New Hope and just about everything else look fucking retarded.
>>
File: that's good shit.jpg (368KB, 3005x3005px) Image search: [Google]
that's good shit.jpg
368KB, 3005x3005px
dem female chiss operatives doe
>>
>>80118709
lol no

He looks like Ronald McDonald. He's not in the least bit cool. I even remember seeing the commercials for The Phantom Menace when I was a kid and seeing Darth Maul and saying "Wow, this looks fucking ugly and I'm never watching this."
>>
File: Momaw_Nadon.jpg (30KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
Momaw_Nadon.jpg
30KB, 500x420px
>>80118614
Fuck you, that's why.

Better than Star Trek's "Here are some ridges, there, it's an alien." Or an appalling number of other sci-fi franchies that just take an ordinary human being and go, "Here, it's an alien, we swear, trust us on this."

I love Doctor Who but for fuck's sake, mix it up a bit.
>>
>>80118869
>"Here are some ridges, there, it's an alien."
I agree with you there, but you can make alien designs look cool and non-human WITHOUT looking retarded, which is what Star Wars failed to do for the most part.
>>
File: yoda_surprised.jpg (17KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
yoda_surprised.jpg
17KB, 300x201px
>>80118766
>He looks like Ronald McDonald.
I get the feeling you've never actually seen Ronald McDonald.
>>
>>80118913
I'm just honestly failing to understand why people praise Darth Maul and think he's "badass." He's just a human with shitty facepaint on him.
>>
>>80118869
>Here are some ridges, there, it's an alien
But that's every other star wars alien.
>>
>>80118614
You must have been fun in the bounce house
>>
File: AhsokaPort..png (554KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
AhsokaPort..png
554KB, 540x720px
>>
>>80119372
But I WANTED to like Star Wars anon, but I just couldn't because someone in the character design department was fucking up
>>
>>80119457
The aliens in B5 mostly looked like shit but that was one of the best shows ever made.
>>
>>80118954
Near humans are the most dominant species in the star wars franchise. I'm surprised there hasn't been a plot involving a common ancestor with each of the 4 limbed humanoids being offshoots according to their enviroments
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.