[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone in good faith recommend the Spirit? I'm a huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Can anyone in good faith recommend the Spirit? I'm a huge fan of the comics and would love to see a decent adaptation of them.
>>
>>80117310
I watched it but I literally can't remember anything of it, so I can't really recommend.
>>
>>80117310

It's shit. Frank Miller got lost up his own ass after Sim City and this was the result. Don't waste your time.
>>
>I'm a huge fan of the comics and would love to see a decent adaptation of them

Avoid it like AIDS. Just watch this Brad Bird pitch and wonder what could have been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqcJ2dFHNWM
>>
It's among the worst wide-release films made in the past ten years, and certainly the worst licensed comic book film. Avoid like the plague.

>>80117338
You lucky bastard. I wish I could forget the mind-numbingly moronic shit that happens in this movie
>>
>>80117310
>I'm a huge fan of the comics
then i can't in good faith recommend it
>>
>>80117310
saw this in theaters on a whim. figured even if it wasn't as good as 300 or sin city, it'd be decent

it's an absolute shit-tier, walk-out-of-the-theater movie
>>
This movie is a pretty fascinating exercise in just basic filmmaking competency.

There's tons of great stuff like missing establishing shots, violations of the 180 rule, characters never leaving or entering the frame, etc.
>>
>tfw the city screams

i remember it being fun
>>
>>80117310
Not even shit posting here. It's garbage.
>>
>nazi scarjo
yes pls
>>
>>80117310
It has that something that makes it more interesting than your average flick. But it's not exceptional.
>>
>>80117310
Is this kino?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JU4YmOh47I
>>
>>80117697
You don't know garbage, college boy.
>>
>>80117621

Is there a YT breakdown of how it's functionally bad or stuff you just noticed
>>
>>80117997

Just stuff I noticed although you could absolutely make a good video about how fucked the movie is on the most basic level if you put the effort in.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488752863335.jpg (60KB, 943x612px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488752863335.jpg
60KB, 943x612px
Fuck u no fun autistic fucks. The movie is campy cheesey fun. I love it. I'm not so autistic that I can't enjoy things like most here. Crazy right? The movie is so bad it's good. It's like a film noir with an action figure...so think 80s action hero cheese meets noir and throw I'm Sam Jackson being goofy as fuck. It's a hammy masterpiece.
>>
>>80117871

this looks like kino
>>
I loved it. I also love Hudson Hawk though so take that as you will.
>>
>>80117310
>Can anyone in good faith recommend the Spirit?
Yes.
>>
It's atrocious -- but in a kind of fascinating way. If you are a fan of the Eisner strip, it's a total betrayal. Since Miller was himself a comics artist who famously learned much of his craft from studying Eisner's work -- and then went on to know the man personally, and participate in a book of interviews with him (though Eisner seems subtly uninterested/disdainful of Miller's work in it) makes what a colossal failure The Spirit is even more interesting. On paper, Miller should have been perfect to do it, but instead it's like he went through some Oedipal anxiety-of-influence struggle against Eisner and shoe-horned in all his own obsessions and stylistic traits (no doubt in part to satisfy producers who wanted a Sin City movie from him).

It's like Miller was taking some secret revenge on Eisner by making the least faithful adaptation he could have.

Plus, it features Miller's literal shit-smearing (look it up) girlfriend in a cameo!
>>
>>80118165
>im not autistic i swear guys everyone else is the one with autism
>>
File: 1486139886745.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1486139886745.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>
>>80117310
Itwas decent
>>
If you're a fan of the book, no. This movie was shit.
You want to see a goodSpirit movie? go get a copy of the one with Sam Jones and Nana Visitor from the 80's. It's hokey, but it has the same vibe as the comics.
>>
It's not good. Total snoozer.
>>
File: anna sophia robb 2.webm (611KB, 518x518px) Image search: [Google]
anna sophia robb 2.webm
611KB, 518x518px
>>
I just remember the adverts.

IT'S BASICALLY LIKE SIN CITY GUISE!!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.