[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

So I just started watching Star Trek The New Generation, I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Patrick Stewart.jpg (180KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick Stewart.jpg
180KB, 2048x1536px
So I just started watching Star Trek The New Generation, I haven't ever watched any Star Trek before, I'm on the 8th episode of the first season and Picard's mind has been taken over again or some shit for at least the second time, how many times more should I expect this to happen over the course of the series, I have a feeling it's going to be a repeating motif
>>
File: 1477202190863.jpg (20KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
1477202190863.jpg
20KB, 700x350px
>>80103837
>Commrade Pickard
Star Trek is communist, Star Wars is capitalist.
>>
>>80103837
It happens alot. Wait till you get to the one where the entire crews minds gets taken over and the only one who can save them is wesley because he was too busy to play a game.

Tng is good but so many episodes are infuriating.
>>
>>80103837
The first season is the worst one. Just power through it. They don't get really good until season 2-3.
>>
Pretty much all Star Trek characters have story beats that happen to them regularly, usually in a way that challenges their predominant character trait.

Picard is strong willed and intellectual, so he constantly faces attempts to break him or mind control him.

Seriously, ever ST character has it like this.
>>
>>80103917
I wish....

>>80103837
so whats up with this actors thing posting up "hello re**it" stuff?

and was this mind control thing that episode where they find that ominous present mind that develops into a sort arch enemy?
>>
>>80104484
AMAs probably

No this is one of the Ferengi holding a grudge over an incident from the past where Picard blew his son and the ship he was commanding
>>
>>80103964
this. i think there's some legal requirement that SF tv shows have to have at least one mind-swap episode, sort of like how every tv show has to have at least one episode devoted to American baseball.
>>
>>80104484
>I wish....
it is.

> I like “Star Wars” way better. I’m a capitalist. “Star Wars” is the capitalist show. “Star Trek” is the communist one. There is no money in “Star Trek” because you just have the transporter machine that can make anything you need. The whole plot of “Star Wars” starts with Han Solo having this debt that he owes and so the plot in “Star Wars” is driven by money.

Star Trek is literally COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA.
>>
>>80103837
Watch Measure of a Man in s2, then skip to s3.

s1 and s2 are trash and only incredibly autistic faggots get mad by this statement.
>>
>>80103837
>Star Trek The New Generation
>The New Generation
>New
die plz
>>
>>80104902
I noticed it right away, but for my excuse I've been up about 40 hours straight now and I'm constantly misspelling and forgetting words in my posts
>>
>>80103837
What you need is to join Captain Picard in a quest for artifacts!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.