[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9j Raa4Wkbk Prometheus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jRaa4Wkbk

Prometheus' international trailer has the same beats as the new Covenant trailer.

This does not give me any confidence that Scott learned anything from his Prometheus stumble.
>>
prometheus was good though
>>
Why is the man in the cave painting giving a Nazi salute?
>>
Prometheus actually looked hype as fuck. I remember the entire /tv/ thinking Ridley is back until getting crushed by dissappointment. Covenant already looks like shit
>>
Scott is the director. Prometheus' problems stem from the writing.
>>
>>80100475
>drawings... this far from whites
>who drew them?

WOW Raimi
>>
>>80100475
I highly doubt that Scott directed the trailer
>>
No. It has the same soundtrack as Interstellar
>>
Except prometheus was a good movie
>>
>>80100475

Remember when the space ship in Alien, was just a space ship and had an aura of mystery surrounding it and the xenomorph? Now it's like it's going to do a beat for beat description.
>>
>0:59

DIRECTOR OF
B LGALDAED IRAUTNONRE R

Anyone seen that kino?
>>
File: prometheus.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.png
2MB, 1920x800px
>>80100475
>>
File: 558666483000283[1].gif (1MB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
558666483000283[1].gif
1MB, 500x230px
>>80101227
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.
>>
>>80100475
>Prometheus stumble.
But Prometheus was good.
>>
>Damon Lindelofnot involved

Don't worry, Scott learned everything he needed to.
>>
>>80100475
so why are all the engineers white? seems kinda racist t.b.h., something needs to be done about this
>>
>>80100608
>Prometheus' problems stem from the writing.
no it was 90% Ridley and Fox
>>
>>80100475
>Prometheus stumble
Gross: 403 Million against a 160 Million dollar budget.
72% on RT.
That's not a stumble. He didn't NEED to "learn" anything from it.
>>
>>80101409
>Spaceship designed by super advanced species
>Dude use this flute to turn it on LMAO

This movie was complete dogshit
>>
>>80101518
They were evil.
>>
Yeah, and you know what? Prometheus sucked too.
>>
I just marathoned prometheus, was the film good guys?
>>
>>80101683
Better than Alien 3, worse than Resurrection.
>>
>>80101683
you sort of liked it but you think that the story definitely could have been better
>>
>>80101706
I thought that the general consensus was that alien 3 was better than resurrection
>>
>>80101783
Nah, you got that backwards.
>>
>>80100608
>Prometheus' problems stem from the writing.

Only partly.

First of all Scott signed off on that writing. They had a script that made sense and hired Lindelof to "create mystery" I guess. Which he did by making the plot fucking incoherent.

But not just that, the editing choices and deleted scenes show Scott making shitty decisions there as well.

Just one easy example is the Fitfield design choice. They had a xenomorph-esque morphing look going for him, ready in VFX. But they chose to go with neanderthal looking chimp man instead. Why?

If the black goo acts on any living things and forces them to evolve in a way that makes everything xenomorph-esque then it's all consistent. Fitfield's design and movements make no sense. It's not even meant to be scary and unexpected given that it's a broad daylight scene and filmed like action.

The easy explanation is that Scott is fucking old and doesn't care. Watch the interviews. Or just listen to him talk back and forth about what these movies are meant to be. He's promised they're standalones from the Alien universe both times now, and then walked it back. Studio meddling or not he's clearly not fighting back and ends up with a shit product and goes back for more, because money.
>>
Why would the architects put star maps all over Earth pointing towards their Ultra-WMD manufacturing world?
>>
>>80100512
Nice to see /tv/ contrarianism is alive and well
>>
>>80102326
Why would such an advanced race have crashed ships all over the place? What have they been up to for the past 100,000 to 1 billion years?

I can see seeding a planet, but what's up with goop that invades other existing cells and changing them around unrecognizably? wtf is the point?
>>
>>80102516
>but what's up with goop that invades other existing cells and changing them around unrecognizably? wtf is the point?

All your other questions who knows, but I kind of thought of that stuff as a terror weapon.

Drop a bunch of those on a planet, it mutates stuff within the vicinity into killer not zombies, which then go and rampage and kill other stuff.

Of course, seeing as how millions of years ago they seeded Earth, and have FTL tech, one assumes they can split the atom and would surely just use super-nukes.

Meh, I blame Scott, senile old cunt.
>>
>>80102630
In the opening scene, the engineer seems to be creating life on a lifeless Earth, so I guess these are multi-purpose cellular microcomputers.
>>
>>80101683
You realized that Fassbender is going to be the over-arching villain of the entire xeno-universe, tying everything together. You felt that Prometheus is merely setting the scene for the next three films which will see David 8 follow in his creator's footsteps.
>>
>>80101290
haw
>>
>>80101478
>>80100512
Did not hate it myself.
>>
File: IMG_1672.jpg (45KB, 344x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1672.jpg
45KB, 344x454px
Every fucking Hollywood sci-fi franchise eventually gets ruined by this shit. We can't just have aliens, they either need to have created humanity or been responsible for our civilization.

I'm worried that if District 9 ever gets a sequel it'll be "ay guys, turns out da prawns built tha pyramids".
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>80101683
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>80102926
PRAWNZ
WUZ
KANGS!
>>
>>80100475
I have zero faith Covenant will be better than Prometheus. Especially when its lead actor looks like this.
>>
>>80101227
bullshit.
theyll ignore it and raise about 20 more questions to never answer. again.
>>
>>80101227
The unknown and unknowable is the basis of good Lovecraftian horror. Hollywood has basically abandoned the concept in favor of spoon-feeding background stories to everything. Even the shitty The Thing prequel had the monster turn-out to be the pilot of it's own alien spacecraft because they couldn't let it be too vague or mysterious.
>>
>>80104248
These same jackasses then have the nerve to get bent out of shape over midichlorians spoiling the mystery, they list 823 different technical reasons why Rey is a Mary Sue instead of just enjoying the fucking story of a mythological hero.
>>
>>80104354
I'm not sure Flash Gordon with swords magical samurais-in-space-fantasy really qualifies as "horror"
>>
>>80100475

Why do the Prometheuses make statues of themselves?
>>
>>80104713
In honor of their giant ancestors from the original Alien
>>
>>80100512
>prometheus was good though
Shut up.

It was written by some Jewish guy trying to blaspheme God and Christianity by hinting that Lord Jesus was an alien engineer. The whole movie is full of stupid crap. Like the image of the xenomorph with its arms spread open like the crucifixion. Then don't forget all the anti-white agenda in it.

>the white people are emotionless evil robots
>the brave black captain got to have sex with the nicest-looking blonde woman by asking if she's a robot
>the 3 non-whites save the day by ramming the alien ship
>the 2 white scientists are dumb and put their face in an alien dickworm
>the ginger scientist only cares about money and is a real asshole
>strong brave womxn heroin
>david looks like a white supremacist from a nazi poster

Then there's the plot holes. The whole movie is crap. It doesn't make sense. They started filming as an alien prequel, then 1 year out they changed the premise to be a spin-off.

Oh and don't forget the elephant helmets instead of actually exploring an interesting race.

I think the next movie will be just as crap. Oh wait, it's got "covenant" in the title. Confirmed garbage.
>>
File: Space Jockey.jpg (17KB, 390x307px) Image search: [Google]
Space Jockey.jpg
17KB, 390x307px
>>80104774
>In honor of their giant ancestors from the original Alien

The ones that weren't helmets and had entirely different faces and mouths?

Why did the Prometheans want to look like them? Why did they ape all their technology?

Will we finally see the cool space elephants and find out they are the true creators of aliums? Maybe the space elephant can be like "Here baby Ripley, this is baby Facehugger".
>>
>>80104937

Im aware that this is ironic pol-posting and thats why im going to give you the (you)

youre still a fucking faggot though
>>
>>80105131
>ironic pol-posting
I happen to be a big aliens & predator fan, and whenever someone shits on my favourite franchise with garbage writing or a political agenda, I don't appreciate it.

Sorry you have terrible taste.
>>
File: 1487329550646.jpg (191KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1487329550646.jpg
191KB, 653x477px
>>80100475

>mfw it's the exact same movie all over again
>>
>>80105131
>ironic pol-posting

White corporate boogeymen and heroic women and dindus is bog standard Hollywood fare.

They rarely dare to have a non cishet white villain at all.

Alien broke new ground with a female action hero lead and never recovered. It just keeps doing that same gimmick over and over as if moving the needle even slightly would change what it's about.

See also how they fucked up Genisys by trying to have a pudgy Sarah Connor be the real hero who didn't need no man. The change from Terminator to T2 was the impressive part and the meaningful part of that character.
>>
>>80102060
Underrated post.
>>
>>80100512
this
>>
>>80102060
Fifield ended up that way because he died and then fell into a puddle of the weapon. Maybe you're just an idiot? What's so difficult to understand about the fact that the goo is advanced technology that affects creatures in a variety of ways given initial conditions? What is so difficult about that fact for retards like you to understand?

>the plot was incoherent

But people other than you understood the plot, so clearly it wasn't incoherent. You arrogant brain dead cunt.
>>
>>80105047
Would have been awesome if the crew discovered the whole Space jokey civilization ruined , and they had found a sole agonizing survivor...But NOOOOO it was all about Jesus and physical culturists
>>
i hope jesus makes a cameo
>>
>>80100475
>make thread comparing two trailers
>don't post both

Why is /tv/ so dumb?

https://youtu.be/svnAD0TApb8
>>
>>80106228
But to answer OPs question,

Scott is uncompromising and has an ego the size of your average /tv/ user's waistline. He probably didn't see anything wrong with Prometheus and thinks Covenant will be even better, because he believes he's always progressing.
>>
>>80102060
>They had a script that made sense and hired Lindelof to "create mystery" I guess. Which he did by making the plot fucking incoherent.
Scott did bring Lindelof in with the intention of revising the script to make it more mysterious, but mostly all he did was cut back on the exposition of the first script. Unfortunately without that exposition the wrong kinds of questions would get raised, like why the engineer DNA was introduced to Earth so late. Also after filming Lindelof's script, Scott then chopped out even more in the editing process, like the scene establishing why the two scientists weren't afraid of the snake.

>He's promised they're standalones from the Alien universe both times now, and then walked it back. Studio meddling or not he's clearly not fighting back
If the studio pushed him to tie it closer to Alien, they were right to do so. Setting off new characters on new arcs is all well and good, but it's pointless to downplay the very universe a series is set in. They should rebrand the first one "Alien: Prometheus" if they ever do a series boxset.
>>
>>80101706

you fucking fagggggg
>>
>>80100512
unironically this
>>
>>80101478

Prometheus is a perfect movie lost on the capeshit generation. Ridley tried to save us but no one listened.
>>
>>80100512

gr8 b8
>>
>>80106540
>like the scene establishing why the two scientists weren't afraid of the snake

So you're saying he underestimated how dumb audiences are? Character who spends the movie trying to look cool and impress other people and wears a veritable suit of armor approaches a creature that should not, in theory, have any means of harming him and this is supposed to be somehow unbelievable? Stay retarded.
>>
>>80101683
You were entranced by the amazing visuals and forgave the flaws of the story in the hopes of seeing more of this wondrously crafted universe, beyond the tired story of Xenomorphs killing dumb people.
>>
File: 1476917169508.jpg (266KB, 528x691px) Image search: [Google]
1476917169508.jpg
266KB, 528x691px
>>80101615

This is /tv/.

They think $2 billion grossing TFA was a "stumble".
>>
File: 1445519390041.png (2MB, 640x820px) Image search: [Google]
1445519390041.png
2MB, 640x820px
>>80107970
>>
>>80107970
>movie grosses $1-2bil
>pleb normies love shit, proves it's shit

>movie flops
>nobody watched it, proves it's shit

>get oscar
>oscar bait with zero artistic integrity, proves it's shit

>no oscar
>kek, fucking losers, proves it's shit

>great reviews
>good job shill libcucks, proves it's shit

>bad reviews
>ahahaha 17% fresh, enjoy your shit
>>
>>80108391
>serious tone
>5edgy8u grimdark tryhard, shit

>light tone
>great quipfest, shit

>quotable
>this is memes, this is reddit, this is shit

>good dialogue
>zero cultural impact, not icoinc, shit
>>
>>80100512
I liked it too, both unironically and noncontrarian.
>>
>>80104937
so this trigger you because you are white trash?
>>
>>80101783
>alien 3
The directors cut was
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.