[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did so many not like him as Ozymandias? I thought the role

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why did so many not like him as Ozymandias?

I thought the role wasn't written in the film as well as the comic, but he did an ok job.
James Purefoy or Jude Law would've been perfect.
>>
I don't think he did a bad job with what he was given. I think he was just given shit to work with because Snyder had no idea how to approach material with actual depth and nuance to it.
>>
>>80095012
I love this movie and everything about it but the general consensus seems to be that if you read the graphic novel it makes the movie look like shit. I've never read it before only watched the movie and I thought it was the best comic book movie I've ever watched. I'm assuming the people that didn't like it must of read the comic and were expecting something else.
>>
literally a gay twink who looks like came from an anime about edgy evil teenagers
>>
>>80095071

Yeah he was way too obviously evil instead of being morally ambiguous. They didn't really touch on his background either.
>>
>>80095108
no, the movie is garbage by its own regards too, and it also have the worst sex scene in movie story, the cringiest use of the directors mp3 ever etc etc
>>
Remember how, in the comic, Ozymandias yelling "I DID IT!" in front of that wall of TV screens took up an entire page? How his triumph and joy was evident in this uncharacteristic emotional outburst? Compare that to the weak, mumbling delivery of that line in the film. That's why he was a bad pick.
>>
>>80095120
That's kinda what Ozymandias was in the comic. An athletic german homo in peak physical and mental condition.
>>
Michael Fassbender's magneto is how Ozymandias should've been
>>
He's not an obvious creepy weirdo in the comic. That's the point.
>>
>>80095304

this. in Harry Potter Snape bellowed his reveal that he's the Half-Blood Prince as he betrays his emotional well-being but in the movies he just kinda says it menacingly. you guys into HP?
>>
>>80095012
Emasculated weak looking dweb who looks like he is cosplaying as a "realistic" Ozy
>>
could anyone reading this thread please post some quentin comics? his autism has this weird way about it that really tickles me
>>
>>80095304
>>80095705

those things work in literature but not actually acted out IRL, they look retarded when done in live action, no one actually acts that way
>>
>>80095304
That's likely the director's choice.
>>
The comic depicted him as a silver-age comic book hero with the whole boy scout/good guy motif before ultimately showing how truly dangerous he was. I imagined someone like Aaron Eckhart would have fit the role great.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.