[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wasn't expecting anything to it but I'm still surprised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Passengers_2016_film_poster.jpg (69KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Passengers_2016_film_poster.jpg
69KB, 259x384px
I wasn't expecting anything to it but I'm still surprised how much I enjoyed this movie
>>
Same. The shitty critics reviews made me go in with low expectations so it was great when it turned out to actually be a good film.

What was the motivation of the critics?
>>
watched it yesterday
it was meh

visually stunning and a cool idea, music was also pretty good
but JLaw really can't act for shit
>>
>>80088546

This movie was the definition of mediocrity.
Also the amount of plot holes and flaws in logic was infuriating.
>>
>>80088739
>but JLaw really can't act for shit

I'd normally agree with that statement but I thought Passengers was the exception. Dunno why but I just thought her and Pratt came across are really believable.
>>
>>80088546
Literally just finished watching it. Tfw all the feels, and a few fetishes.
>>
>>80088546

Movie was atrociously bad.
>>
the only worthwile part of this movie was chris pratts enomorously gorgeous pale moonlit ass
>>
>>80088589
Star Wars
>>
It's pretty obvious that the low reviews were solely due to politics.

>muh rape culture!!!
>>
>>80090639
who got raped?
>>
>>80088546
that ship looked so comfy, I could survive on that ship for decades by myself just talking to that barman every once in a while

as long as I get the gold star passenger meals
>>
>>80088546
They were badly miscast. In fact, just about everyone was miscast. The only convincing acting I saw was from the android and Andy Garcia in the last few seconds.

But the beginning was good, right until JLaw appeared.
>>
>>80090778
>The only convincing acting I saw was from the android and Andy Garcia in the last few seconds.
I was shocked Andy Garcia didn't get the Oscars for best supporting actor
>>
Should have had Pratt die while fixing the thing and then JLaw lives on the ship by herself for awhile. Final scene is her checking out some other chad's pod and reaching for the controls before rolling the credits.
>>
why didn't they take turns being frozen in the medi chamber?

could have easily extended their lives by 50 years.
>>
Would be nice if a sequel is made and it turns out they had children who then had children of their own and so on. Could make a great horror as the regular passengers wake up and must survive against the deformed inbred great grandchildren.
>>
>>80091036
why live 50 years longer by yourself when you can fuck JLaw for 30 years min
>>
>>80091036
if they took turns each of them would always be alone

what is the point of extending a life if you are alone?
>>
>>80091036
He should have just stored her in there most of the time. Keep her looking fresh and only unthaw her for a quick fuck once or twice a day.
>>
File: 1422138683654.jpg (97KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1422138683654.jpg
97KB, 523x521px
>>80088757
>plot holes

There's that word again.
>>
>>80088546
>5000 people on-board
>only one medical pod
>>
>>80090704
JLAW

He opened her pod without consent.
>>
>>80091262
thanks obama
>>
>every part has a replacement
>there is no replacement medi pod
>also wouldn't that mean half the ship is full of replacements
>>
>>80090964
That was probably the original script. Like I've said before, the romance bogs it down because it needs to appeal to normies. It would've been an even greater film it the tone were more psychological/thriller.
>>
File: 1486911736691.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486911736691.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>80091262
>he thinks there aren't real doctors on that ship with people who are going to colonize a planet
>he thinks that autodoc is going to used beyond the 4 months those people are in space
>he doesn't realize the autodoc shits people in a minute or two after treating them
>>
>>80088815
i think it has to do with her being overly confident in her abilities. Winter's Bone she was pretty fucking kino, but ever since then has phoned it in. relying on a wave of popular support that prevent her from refining her acting
>>
>>80091424
Then refute this
>>80091316
>>
Its a movie for cucks, of course a cuck would enjoy it
>>
>>80091489
auto doc is too advanced to be replaced and you only need one
>>
>>80091316
The autodoc isn't a single whole, it's made up of many parts. Pratt doesn't know how to put the thing together.

>plot hole

You're literally too stupid for popcorn movies.
>>
>So shouldn't a company like this have some sort of failsafe for these pods
>lol nah just tell them it's "impossible" so no need for failsafes
>>
>>80091084
they already made pandorum though
>>
>>80091740
>lets also use the word failsafe wrong a hundred times
>>
>>80090639
This. Not enough forced diversity, strong womyn or any other leftist memes for the critics
>>
fucking ridiculous that they had no family
>>
File: 1481054046358.jpg (89KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481054046358.jpg
89KB, 500x375px
Couple of thoughts
>first
SJWs complaning about how it was fuckt that she ended up with him, the whole point was that, yes, he totally fuckt up and it was super creepy that he woke her up. but in the end she CHOSE to be with him herself.

>second
this could probably have been sci-fi kino if they went the route with pratt becoming more and more obsessed with jlaw after she found about it, could make it an eerie, thriller/horrer sci oscarbait. However, i'm actually kinda glad they went the route they did, nice to have a "Happy ending"(ish) after all those sadass movies lately, also sometimes you just want to watch a total medicore movie and eat your popcorn. It was perfect for a sunday with hangover.

tons of plotholes and horrific implication with that ending etc course
>>
Ending was lazy and stupid, would be much better if Pratt died in the end and Jlaw had to deal with the same complete isolation that happened to him in beginning of the movie, they could even imply that she would eventually wake up somebody else

By the way, I was also surprised how many sexy PG-13 scenes with both actors there were in this flick
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.