[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like martial art flicks but I've been out of the loop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: the-raid-2-berandal-11.jpg (222KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
the-raid-2-berandal-11.jpg
222KB, 2048x1360px
I like martial art flicks but I've been out of the loop. Has anything worthwhile been made in the last decade? Only things I'm aware of are the Raid 1 and 2 and Tony Jaa movies. Oh, and that Jackie Chan one with the Jackass guy.

I'm ok with wuxia and chink fantasy too, even if they aren't that heavy on the martial arts.
>>
>>80054821
I presume you've seen a touch of zen.
>>
Did you watch the Ip Man movies? 1 and 2 were good. 3 was kinda meh.
>>
>>80054843
Yes. But that's not from the last decade.

I've seen most King Hu and Shaw Bros ones.
>>
>>80054821
Raid films aren't really martial arts film, so much as action films. Merantau was more of a martial arts film. Man of Tai Chi is great and shows Keanu is still solid at martial arts, if a bit stiff. Otherwise, Donnie Yen is great at showcasing different styles, with Kung Fu Jungle(name varies by region), Flashpoint, Ip Man trilogy, and SPL(Killzone in some region) as standouts, but the latter is a bit more actiony than a true martial arts film. The Ong Bak trilogy is also great, as is the first Protector(also called Tom Yum Goong). Those are probably the most "mainstream" of the martial arts films among fans.
>>
>>80054874
I hated the first one, should I still give 2 a chance?

MC doesn't get hit once. And that lauded 10 vs 1 fight looked like something out of Power Rangers with the villains waiting for their turn to attack one-on-one.
>>
File: chocolate.jpg (187KB, 565x808px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate.jpg
187KB, 565x808px
>tfw no qt autistic gf who learns martial arts by watching Bruce Lee and Tony Jaa films
>Those fucking falls onto concrete at the end
>>
>>80055057
Chocolate was great but she didn't get as big as I thought she'd be. Great to see Nathan Jones still finding work though. Those thais really like him.
>>
>>80054821
>was gonna mention SPL
>apparently it came out 12 fucking years ago

JUST
>>
>>80054821
>chink fantasy too
Journey to the West
>>
SPL 2 with Tony Jaa

Its not story related to SPL 1, so you can watch it without the first
>>
Fearless, great martial arts movie with jet li
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.