[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asian worth watching movies? I kind of liked this and a bullet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: a better tomorrow.gif (1MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
a better tomorrow.gif
1MB, 420x236px
Asian worth watching movies?

I kind of liked this and a bullet in the head.

Hard boiled was fun but I would like a better story and character development
>>
Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain
>>
>>80039485
Ugetsu Monogatari is good.
>>
드래곤볼 싸워라 손오공 이겨라 손오공
>>
The Killer
Inferno Affairs
>>
Tokyo Drifter (unrelated to Tokyo Drift)
Branded to Kill
>>
If you want Hard Boiled with a better story then watch The Killer. It's also made by John Woo and it's a better film in general.
>>
>>80039485
Eki (1981)
Graveyard of honor (2002)
>>
Out of the Dark
>>
>>80040509
I couldn't stop laughing throughout the entirety of The Killer. It's just laid on too thick. It's like soap opera made its way to film. Hard Boiled was at least breezy with its ridiculousness.

Also, John Woo is a bad director. Yeah, I said it.
>>
>>80040591
I just felt that the over the top nature of the action matched perfectly with an extremely melodramatic plot. I just think it's the more rewatchable film. In Hard Boiled, I always feel like skipping the "filler" segments to the action scenes but in The Killer I'm compelled to watch the whole thing.
>>
Kino Asian films (no weeb shit):

Memories of Murder
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (nude prime Doona Bae)
The Yellow Sea
The Man from Nowhere

slightly weebish asian films but still good:

Ichi the Killer
13 Assassins
Battle Royale

Also you've probably seen all the big name films like Oldboy, The Raid, and I Saw the Devil so no point in listing them
>>
>>80039485
the good, the bad, and the weird.

swing girls.

VS
>>
>>80040880
I actually don't so list
>>
>>80040778
How many more times do you plan on watching either film again?

Also, how old are you? As an old man who used to rewatch films in his youth I've found the practice less appealing over time.
>>
>>80039485

Brother, starring Takeshi Kitano

Infernal Affairs trilogy

Zatoichi - YouTube it, super chill + feels

Sammo Hung made kino
>>
If you enjoyed those films and want more of that type (action/shooting) I would recommend Johnie To's (director) films. He's best films are 'The Mission', 'The Electron' films, and 'Exiled'.

Also he's other films 'Drug War', 'Sparrow', and 'Mad Detective', 'Breaking News', and PTU were enjoyable as well.
>>
anyone got a list for jap movies from 21st century?

love exposure is kino
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.