[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me, just being literally and unironically the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: silence[1].jpg (74KB, 483x755px) Image search: [Google]
silence[1].jpg
74KB, 483x755px
Don't mind me, just being literally and unironically the best film ever made.
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232KB, 1400x933px
It's fascinating to see Scorsese make such a sincere film... He began directing major films around the time where Postmodern cynicism was being absorbed by tv shows and commercials.

You know how Tarantino preserves pre-80's sincerity, but only for minorities? Silence is like that. It's just missing a Tarantino-esque monologue from Driver or Garfield.
>>
>>80038661
Jap version is better.
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 155x126px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 155x126px
>There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you." Now... I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking: maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here... he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
>>
>>80039453
It's entirely possible that it is; but to suggest you genuinely enjoyed it more, when you don't speak the language or appreciate the mannerisms, is being a fag.
>>
File: last_temptation_of_christ.jpg (135KB, 494x755px) Image search: [Google]
last_temptation_of_christ.jpg
135KB, 494x755px
>>80039453
Better Christkino
>>
Although the Jesuit's Christianity is depicted as being genuine, the Japanese speak more forthrightly... so it's committing the same trope of Tarantino, where the ultimate source of sincerity and eloquence lies with the foreigner. There's no cinematic irony to this cliché if the film is set in Japan. This is why the Jesuits could have mounted a better form of self-defence.
>>
>>80039833
That wasn't even good
>>
>>80038661
Its another Jay Cocks masterpiece.
>>
>>80039811
I speak Japanese and am a halfu so I'd say I can enjoy them equally.
>>
>>80039453
Tried watching the Jap version but it looks like complete dogshit and the English speaking actors are really bad.
>>
>>80039833
This sort of prefigures what I've said about Tarantino, making The Christ more alien by making him more sincerely 'human' and direct, needing to be coached by his Father.

He's almost like Tim Roth in Tarantino's 'Reservoir Dogs'. Kietel's still playing a Catholic character in that movie.
>>
>>80040399
Well ok then, I just assumed wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 640x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 640x377px
I'd like to see Keitel placed between De Niro and Pacino in the director's next film. I don't know if he'd be a Teamster or what, but he'd be great in it.
>>
>>80040610
It's ok I barely know anything about jap culture except for what my grandmother told me and my sisters both look white.
>>
>>80039425
>"Padre, the Kirishtan give the most sensuar footu massage"
>>
>>80040504
What a load of bullshit, this movie didn't make him "more human" it just added a load of fanfiction. Jesus building crosses for the romans and going to visit prostitutes? How did that make him more human? They could have made him like an average person in the day but they made him a degenerate.

The Passion made him much more human because it emphasised the nature of his suffering and how he felt pain and agony just like any human, how he fell carrying the cross, how he prayed to be spared the cup of suffering.
>>
How did this go completely overlooked at the Oscars ?
Golden Globes ?
>>
repeated the same scenes too many times desu
>>
>>80038661
Characters are Portuguese
>they speak English
Other characters are Japanese
>they speak English

They communicate in English
>best film ever

Nah

Dropped
>>
>>80041908
Movie about Christians

Hollywood is Jew, they have be the only ones allowed to suffer in films. >muh holocaust
>>
>>80041504
I don't agree with the representation in The Last Temotation either, that's partly why its in quotes.
>>
File: padre.jpg (18KB, 308x360px) Image search: [Google]
padre.jpg
18KB, 308x360px
>>80042648
well... the film was targeted for western audiences and they most likely used the english translation for the source material
>>
This was unquestionably the best movie of the year
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.