[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s honest opinion on this man, is truly that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

What is /tv/'s honest opinion on this man, is truly that talented as everyone says he is?
>>
File: tmp_24538-12001757477303.jpg (169KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24538-12001757477303.jpg
169KB, 1200x675px
>>80028881
He is literally the most jewishs cknnexted2 inside director in hollywood. His nickname is jew jew abrahams.
>>
Honestly, I can't stand his films.
>>
I think he's terrific. Lens flares are a little over the top though, but apart from that he's great.
>>
He's okay in my book as long as he makes Spielberg-like films such as Super 8.
>>
Self promoting piece of shit who rips off other peoples work and has never made a single original thing in his worthless life who can shove his "mystery box" up his Jew ass.
>>
>>80028881
For a guy who makes flicks, he's pretty mediocre. TFA is his best work, his star trek is just too campy to really be fun to watch.
>>
>>80031014
Of all the things to knock a Star Trek movie for, being too campy is not one of the things I would expect.
>>
>>80028881
Talented hack
which is a recipe for $$$$$
>>
He's really good at packaging something and making it appeal to a wide audience. He's not very deep as a filmmaker but he makes movies that people like. Talented big picture guy. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. There are far worse filmmakers out there.
>>
>>80031081
its the wrong type of camp
star trek was thoughtful but had campy costumes, and aliens but the story held it together

the movies were action schlock
>>
File: 15275633.jpg (165KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15275633.jpg
165KB, 1080x1080px
>>80028881
Gracie is more talented than her dad
>>
I think he has a talent for drawing goys out to see his movies.

As for his actual movies, they're absolute garbage. I've yet to watch one where I had any desire to finish it. People talk about the stale Marvel formula, but this guy's movies are completely sterile. People like to say he's Spielberg, but I've enjoyed a good number of his movies way back, unlike with this guy.
>>
>>80028881
He's good at making movies that everyone loves. He hits his target audience well. Makes films that are full of fun and adventure. I love his star trek and star wars films.
>>
File: 0-bussines.jpg (78KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
0-bussines.jpg
78KB, 730x1095px
>exec: Yo J.J how about you direct our new SW movie ?
>J.J: Sure i always dreamed about making a SW movie sincei was a child
>Exec: Woah waoh hold on there son, who said anything about making it ?
>J.J:Thought you want me to direct it ?
>Exec: Ye, we just want you to whatever we tell you to do then slap your name on the movie
>J.J: B-but what about my artis-
>Exec: Will give you shitload of money
>J.J: LOL OKAY NP SENPAI . IM A PROUD MEMBER OF DISNEY™ AFTER ALL.
>>
>>80033880
Pretty sure it was the opposite.
>>
>>80028881
He's very middle of the road, but his style is very marketable.
>>
*Lens Flare*
*Snap Zoom*
*Title Card*
[Silence]
[Wooomp noise growing]
*Nostalgic reveal*

*Americlaps*
>>
>>80028881
I honestly believe he ruins everything he touches, but the masses eat his shit up. He ruined Fringe, which was pretty kino for a while, ruined trek with some of the most bland movies I have ever seen, and made an abortion of a star wars film.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.