[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think hollywood should have the duty not to glorify sociopaths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: boringshit.jpg (247KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
boringshit.jpg
247KB, 400x593px
Do you think hollywood should have the duty not to glorify sociopaths and criminals?

I bet this film among others influenced a bunch of people to be degenerate scammers
>>
>>80017919
Yeah true. Ive been fighting crime while dressed as a bat for a few years now
>>
>>80017919
No.
>>
I know it's the wrong board but look at the US president. Clearly the people have spoken and we collectively approve of fucking over other people to get ahead in this world.

CTD as George Carlin used to say. Circling the drain.
>>
>>80017919

>should hollywood have a duty

Not

>Hollywood is dooty
>>
>>80017919
>I bet this film among others influenced a bunch of people to be degenerate scammers
I've met idiots who think it's something to aspire to. Luckily they were also unable to realise their ambitions too.
>>
b-b-b-but Scorsese had that super boring part at the end that nobody watched that showed him being unhappy! Totally undid that hour-long commercial for cocaine and decadence before it!
>>
>>80017919
This might be anecdotal but this movie was referenced by half of the people in my finance course as to why they want to do the subject. A majority of them quit or changed course pretty quick.
>>
>>80017957
Trump's a good person and never fucked anyone over, you brainwashed dipshit.

>BUT HE DIDN'T PAY SOME CONTRACTORS WHO DID A TERRIBLE JOB

OH NOEZ ITS THE RICH GUY DEMON STEREOTYPE JUST LIKE FROM DA MOOBIES

Trump always, ALWAYS preferred hanging out with construction workers, and his family, and dreaded when he had to go out to some swanky party that he left after a half hour.
>>
>>80018008
>muh red team is better
>muh crying like a bitch because someone said something I don't like

kys my man
>>
i doubt people who are inclined to lie for a living need a movie to push them right over the edge
>>
>>80017919
"You can't con an honest John". The people getting scammed deserve it.
>>
>>80018033
As long as there is huge money to be made by lying, there will be someone willing to do it. It only takes a small percent of people to occupy every possible avenue of evil.
>>
>>80018008
The guy's apartment is literally decorated in fucking gold. He build his entire reputation on being the rich guy stereotype. He is proud of that stereotype.

Not that the stereotype is evil or wrong. But if you think Trump is a salt of the earth, construction worker loving man of the people, you are an idiot.
>>
>>80017957
well on the bright side, atleast you aren't seen as people who collectively approve of murder and treason. it could have been worse
>>
>>80018059
He's just a regular guy like us, believe me. He cares about working folk!
>>
>>80017919
If you thought this film glorified Belfort than you're literally retarded
Congrats on missing the point of the film
>>
Hacksaw ridge was glorifying a good man. Your arguement is invalid
>>
>>80017957

You sound like a fucking zombie.
>>
>Hollywood has a duty to
Yeah Hollywood should act as and be considered a moral authority what a great idea
>>
>>80017919
Hollywood glorifies sociopaths and criminals because, the more the average person idolizes them, the more they lose sight of traditional, moral, strong family-values. This is Hollywood's way.

Some day you'll learn.
>>
>>80018155
it's about never going or trusting benihana
>>
>>80018059

>But if you think Trump is a salt of the earth, construction worker loving man of the people, you are an idiot.

He's not replacing American workers with legal and illegal spics or Pajeets on H1B's, and is instead actively fighting against that.

He's by default the single best president we've had for the working class in more than two decades.
>>
File: 1487840985332.jpg (177KB, 960x684px) Image search: [Google]
1487840985332.jpg
177KB, 960x684px
>>80018008
>>80017957
>all these trumpcucks still guzzling his jizz

lmao I wonder how long you can hold out with your cognitive dissonance
>>
>>80018247
>this is what anon genuinely believes

So, tell me about your rock-solid morals anon. You know that jacking off to loli is a sin right? You know that not-showering is basically assault on those you ever come into contact with?
Shitposting on the internet about how much you hate immigrants isn't exactly moral either...
>>
>>80017957
Crash to desktop
>>
If you think WOWS was a glorification of Belfort, you're either a moron or a sociopath.
>>
>>80018155

Are you kidding? The movie glorified him the same way america did.

He stole millions and ran the illegal operation for such a long time, and all he got was a slap on the wrist and a couple of years in a comfy rich guy prison.

Now he basically makes a living bragging about his crazy drug-filled life to people stupid enough to listen
>>
>>80018081
What Call of Duty map is this?
>>
>>80018269
that obama average is low considering this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/obama-africa-trip_n_3441510.html
>>
>>80018390
>explains the narrative accurately and succintly
>literally one-step removed from the point of the film
>still thinks the film glorified Belfort
christ, how do you even function in life?
>>
>>80017963
Good post.
>>
>>80017919
if you want to watch the opposite movie, watch this.

>Wife kills herself after not being able to support health insurance to cure herself
>Husband goes insane and murders an entire office on wall street after shooting down politicians
>>
The brilliance of the film is that through the fourth-wall breaking narration, Belfort is swindling the audience in the same way he swindles his marks. If you thought it glorified his lifestyle then you missed to point, and got had.
>>
File: 1468536041162.png (84KB, 243x255px) Image search: [Google]
1468536041162.png
84KB, 243x255px
>>80018459
>A film by Uwe Boll
>>
>>80018247
(((Hollywood)))
>>
>>80017957
Dude both Hillary and trump have fucked over people in their life. Only difference is that as far as I know, trumps fucking over of people hasn't resulted in anyone's death, unlike Hillary. So maybe the American people aren't as horrible as you'd like to believe. Just a thought.
>>
>>80018485
>le uwe boll is a hack meme

reddit is down the hall and to the left, bud.
>>
>>80018485
His non video game movies are based
>>
Itt redditors arguing politics like the first year college students they are
>>
>>80017919
OP you missed the theme of the movie.
He wasn't glorified, he was exposed for the piece of shit he was.
Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fzFUs-hYM
>>
File: Channing.jpg (91KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Channing.jpg
91KB, 620x400px
>>80018343
>all this projecting

Somebody get me a 35mm print of Spartacus
>>
>>80018930
>Somebody get me a 35mm print of Spartacus
pleb alert
>>
>>80017957
At least we don't have a president who let some guys die because she was too sleepy to pick up the fucking phone while a US ambassador dies and blames it on a YouTube video.
>>
>>80017919
No. If you watch this movie and glorify Belfort then you're a retard to begin with. I don't doubt that many people admire him and want to be like him, but that's their loss and at the end of the day this movie was intended for adults who should be capable of making their own moral judgments about fictional characters and their lifestyles.
>>
>>80019372
>fictional characters

this is bait right?
>>
>>80018008
>Trump's a good person and never fucked anyone over, you brainwashed dipshit

kek this sentence right here is probably the funniest bullshit I've read

nice ruse/10
>>
>>80019372

>this movie was intended for adults who should be capable of making their own moral judgments about fictional characters and their lifestyles.

Wrong. The Wolf of Wallstreet has so many parallels with Goodfellas its sickening.

If you deny the film glorifies jewish usury then you're a lost soul.
>>
>>80019436
No. I know it's based on the real Belfort but it's a movie and not a documentary; you follow the fictional Belfort and his actions instead of getting an entirely accurate rundown of the real Belfort's actions.
>>
>>80019518
Read the book, the movie's fairly accurate.
>>
File: Capra (Later Years).jpg (95KB, 1366x375px) Image search: [Google]
Capra (Later Years).jpg
95KB, 1366x375px
>>
>>80019508
Glorify it how? In the end he lost and throughout the entire film he's portrayed as a drug addict who's walking a tightrope to keep his shit together between his constant near-overdosing.

Yeah, he's rich as fuck, throws crazy parties, fuck gorgeous women all the time and have people worshipping him, but that's not the point I was making.

In the end you have to give the people who watch this movie the benefit of doubt and let them be adults who make their own moral judgments; if they think it's cool to conostantly cheat on your spouse, to be addicted to drugs and steal other people's money through some shady, sleazy business, then they're free to think that way of Belfort. Says more about them than him; either way, Hollywood doesn't have an obligation to shame his lifestyle by having DiCaprio narrate a closer on the end saying "OK WHAT I DID WAS SUPER BAD I REALLY REGRET IT OK DON'T DO THIS, ITS REALLY REALLY BAD AND YOU'RE A BAD PERSON FOR DOING IT M'KAY"
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.