[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"For the Battle of Coruscant sequence I wanted to depict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: star wars.jpg (255KB, 1680x714px) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
255KB, 1680x714px
>"For the Battle of Coruscant sequence I wanted to depict a grand scale space battle with capital ships. We have seen dogfights before, but no capital ship against capital ship battles where both sides unleash their entire arsenals to decimate the enemy fleet."

>"Some people have asked me why I chose to have the ships so close to one another rather than very far away, which would be very possible and probably more reasonable considering the technology they have access to. The truth is that I wanted to capture that iconic pirate ship battle atmosphere where two ships lined up next to each other and unloaded, and I wanted to underline the defeat of a ship by making it appear to drop toward the planet, like an airplane that's been shot down. Very dramatic visuals overall."

>"Another reason for that decision is that a space battle between ships that are very far away from each other is a very boring affair. You hear the command to fire weapons. Sometime later you may or may not see a successful hit. You fire, you wait, you fire, you wait. Maybe you would see some blip on a radar screen. Very dry and calculated, much like submarine movies, which aren't known for exciting battles. It wouldn't have conveyed the tension and energy I wanted the scene to have."

Do you agree with Lucas?
>>
Why do you keep making this thread?
>>
>>80011913
>I wanted an epic space battle
That was the greatest 15 second space scene ever...
>>
>>80011913
it was really good, one of the only things lucas got right on the prequels.
you could really feel the battle.
>>
File: 1488462952254.webm (3MB, 936x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488462952254.webm
3MB, 936x400px
>>
File: 1454041181769.gif (9KB, 430x515px) Image search: [Google]
1454041181769.gif
9KB, 430x515px
>>80011913
>tfw you still feel the bass in this scene, thumping in your chest like you were 12 at the IMAX in the pacific science center
>>
>>80011913
link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmbS_Mn2a8
>>
my parents didn't let me go see episode 3.

wish they had, a scene as epic as this would have been crack to kid me
>>
>>80011913
If you watch the 2D clone wars cartoons you will know that both the fleets were coming out of hyperspace pretty much on top of each other. This could of been for two tactical reasons. Firstly surprise, and secondly urgency especially on the part of the republic as they needed to engage the separatist fleet as quickly as possible due to the kidnap of the emperor. Also by engaging the enemy at point blank range probably meant that the enemy ships would not be able to hyperspace out of there very easily. We all saw what happened in Rogue One when you try and go into hyperspace and there is a star destroyer in the way.
>>
>>80011913
>"I wanted a massive clusterfuck where you can't tell which ships are whose and give teh audience absolutely no reason to care."
If both sides were made up of willing soldiers who had been manipulated en masse by the elites of their respective sides then it could have been a great statement on the futility of war and would have made it even more impressive when it was revealed that Palpatine had been manipulating everyone to achieve a scenario similar to Post-WWI Europe. Everyone is tired and looking for some line of reason in all the madness and feels like it can't have all been for nothing and then the Emperor uses that feeling to unite the Galaxy in a decisive and effective Empire under his rule.
But fuck good storytelling, more laserswords Lucas!
>>
Where did they get all those massive ships from? Did they build them on the spot after sheev pulled the clone army out of ass? Or did they just mantain a full fledged fleet even though they had no one to man it?
>>
>>80013909
>>80014123
What was the republic's tax policy?
>>
>>80014368
Its actually a legit question here since lucas wanted to shove his high school understanding of politics into the movies
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.