[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was the point of this stunt? Did anyone else f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1488175734988[1].jpg (78KB, 960x594px) Image search: [Google]
1488175734988[1].jpg
78KB, 960x594px
What the fuck was the point of this stunt? Did anyone else feel like the whole thing was extremely condescending and patronizing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr69jLeQdRA
>>
I will never understand this stupid bullshit.
A black man kisses a white woman's hand and he is so le charming OwO.
A white man kisses her hand and he's a fedora twirling retard and chauvinistic faggot.
>>
>>79991257
>Casey Affleck accused of groping women
>freak out over him winning oscar
>black guy literally convicted of raping woman
>"he should be forgiven, people can change"

What did they mean be this?
>>
>>79991631
Well at the end of the day, Casey Affleck still won his oscar, did he not?
>>
>>79991257
I had to turn off I found it so awkward.

I didn't think it was condescending, I just thought it was rude of the tourists to keep videoing on their phones.
>>
>>79991580
t. fedoralord
>>
>>79991631
What are you talking about what black guy was convicted of raping a woman that was told to be forgiven?
>>
I never finished this video, the cringe is too much.
>Homo Plebis paraded in front of self-important rich morons like zoo animals
>>
>>79992094
>never finished the video
>he didn't watch the oscars as it aired and participate in live shitposting threads

Do you even /tv/?
>>
>>79992155
>watching the entirety of Oscars
Jesus why
>>
It was a direct response to backlash against celebrities over their outspokenness during the election and claims of obliviousness to the issues faced by the lower classes, they were trying to "recapture the hearts of 'the people'." That, and a decline in award show viewership and ticket sales. Without hundreds of millions of plebeians coughing up the cash to see Hollywood blockbusters every other month, the house of cards comes crashing down. The whole stunt came across as condescending and transparent to me. Didn't they do the same thing with some pizza guy or something? It reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Mr. Burns tries to upstage some other rich guy who people don't hate.
>>
Do people seriously keep their phones out and filming like that constantly? You're can look at it with your real fucking eyes and have memories - you don't need to ruin the moment by seeing it secondhand through a tiny screen.
>>
>>79992474
That was only one bizarre aspect of that whole disgusting spectacle.
>>
>>79992474
People have forgotten this. Phones/filming should be banned from things like this, concerts etc.
>>
>normies paraded in front of the 1%
>normies cant get off their phones for one second to actually see or meet any celebrities, they just film it for their Facebook post later
>that one dude grabbing Mahershala Ali's oscar out of his hands
>awkwardly trying to usher all of these people out the door to continue the show

The whole thing was painful and then it just got worse
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.