[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was it so poorly received? this was the best horror I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: A Cure For Wellness.jpg (293KB, 1169x773px) Image search: [Google]
A Cure For Wellness.jpg
293KB, 1169x773px
Why was it so poorly received?

this was the best horror I've seen this decade
>>
>>79989224
Get out was better whitey ooga
>>
Terrible ending

The start was also way too long.
The middle part was good, it should just have ended with the bench scene
>>
It wasn't good though. You could see the twist coming from a mile away, and it ended like a fucking scooby doo episode
>>
>>79989433
>>79989509
Spoil the movie to me, not like I'm gonna watch it anyway.
>>
>>79989433
Start was good middle dragged end was so pants on head retarded I actually liked it
>>
>>79989528
The villain is the guy who acts really suspicious. He is 200 years old and tries to fug his daughter when good guy frog eyes drags his face off to reveal ps2 graphics hiding underneath. Not much is resolved though, and they burn everything to the ground. There's also a great scene when main character yells "fuck off Adolf" to someone who speaks German.
>>
>>79989666
So what do they need all these people for? Is it just some Life extension research facility?
>>
>>79989774
It gets as stupid as Prometheus with this part of the plot. So, the doctor villain guy finds that these eels in that specific aquifer live much longer than eels elsewhere, so he tries to extract whatever gives them such an extended life, but it's toxic to humans or does shit to their minds, so over the course 2 centuries, this doctor perfects a method of detoxifying the compound by forcing old people(or anyone who goes there) to drink the life extending toxic waters, then drains it from the old people with pods that forced them to sweat the life extending compound that they can drink with no side-effects.

I'm not sure if it's the water itself, or the eels that produce the life extending characteristics of the water under the mountain.
>>
>156 minutes

jesus christ
>>
File: 1274905364323.jpg (1MB, 1668x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1274905364323.jpg
1MB, 1668x1836px
Haven't seen it but it's probably 2deep4u reddit horror 'atmospheric' garbage with an epic 'twist' in the end
>>
>>79989410
This.

There was a lot that didn't really make sense/pay off. Why did all the patients become mind controlled zombies? Why did ol boy seem himself jumping off the bridge in his dads place? Why was his tooth back at the end? If that drop of "vitamins" grew it back how come it didn't grow back The Dr from the Black Lagoon's face? Why did ol' girl getting into a swimming pool trigger her period? What was with that reoccurring kite? If the hospitals longevity program is up and running so well why was the Doctor so obbsessed with keeping 'ol boy around once he started figuring shit out? Why bother bringing him back to the hospital instead of letting him get hauled off to prison? Since the cop was in on it why not just fucking kill him and dump him in the cave?

I love me some lovecrfatian horror but this was glib facsimile.
>>
>>79989999
The "12 inch black cock" comment within the first 15 minutes really ruined the mysterious vibe it initially had. It was reddit tier "2edgy4u humor" bullshit
>>
>>79989999
The witch, the thing, the shining, the b;ar witch project, jacobs ladder and rosemarys baby DO NOT belong on that list m8
>>
>>79989999
That list is bait, but I don't want to question those quads
>>
>>79990255
The tooth was clearly a false tooth given to him as a reward for drinking the coolaide and seemingly following their regiment

Everything else was bullshit I agree
>>
>>79989224
Beyond retarded plot, where eels somehow keep people alive for 200 years so you can wait for your daughter to have her period so you can fuck her, why does her period take so long? The one thing I will say is the rape scene was Kino, especially when he sniffs the period blood
>>
>>79990295
THIS. It was jarring and didn't fit the toneat all. No old lady talks like that
>>
>>79990754
Because, like her mother, she was infertile. It was only with the healing properties of the Old People Eel Juiceā„¢ was she able to gain ability to give birth.
>>
>Girl knows main characters mother's lullaby
>Girl teleports around when main character first sees her
>Doctor can control Deer/Elks into running into cars
>Garden guy just bricks up random as fuck areas
>Suddenly eels can appear out of no where
>People living for 200 plus years because lol water
>A bunch of board members just randomly show up at the end
>Main character can't call/contact anyone outside the facility that isn't the board members

If you take this movie seriously and think what you are seeing is all supposed to be real you didn't understand this movie at fucking all. Just saying the movie was entirely in his head the moment he entered the board members meeting until literally the credits rolled
>>
>>79991292
Stop trying to condone a shitty plot with bullshit "He was dreaming the whole time" theories.
>>
>>79991490

>Ballerina scene
>"WOW, it's like shes DREAMING."

They literally force it in your face from the get go. Sorry your brain doesn't work on barely above Gone Girl levels of deep.
>>
File: Pepe Red Disgusted Angry.png (96KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Red Disgusted Angry.png
96KB, 600x578px
>>79989433
if it ended on the bench scene it would be ANOTHER "he was crazy all along" BS ending that's been used 1000's of times
>>
File: Pepe Smug Close Up.png (58KB, 2760x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Smug Close Up.png
58KB, 2760x2000px
>>79990754
the water under the wellness centre extended the eels life but not humans who drank the water, so it must be sweated out before it can extend life
>>
>>79991754

>A Cure for Wellness
>It's about an ambitious young man who had a fucked up childhood and completely fucked up view of society and people
>He realizes this and delves into his self to fix the issue

Movie was entirely symbolism and right after he sold those underlings how he liked his coffee the movie from there on out is all in his head. Literally even the hindu cheating guy was a representation of him cheating on his financial reports. Seriously it was all in his head.

It was a good movie, but it's been done a thousand times. It's never looked this good tho. I throughly enjoyed it and will be one of my favorite cinematography movies of all time. It won't see the light of day at the oscars and that Valerian movie is going to bomb also.
>>
>>79991596
Even if that's true, it's still a shit plot.

None of what we see happened? What's the fucking point of a movie like that!! It's like when a shitty sci-fi show does one of those great episodes where a bunch of major characters die tragically only to reveal it was a simulation, shit is played out and irritating.
>>
>>79991925

It was a shit plot. Luckily everything else was top notch and carried it. The movie makes absolutely no fucking sense if you think it was all real. Seriously the board members showing at the end would have been the dumbest shit I've ever seen if it wasn't all in his head.
>>
>>79989224

the guy in the middle looks like he has a huge cock
>>
File: Cure-For-Wellness-4.jpg (83KB, 1280x824px) Image search: [Google]
Cure-For-Wellness-4.jpg
83KB, 1280x824px
>>79991921
>favorite cinematography movies
this deserves and oscar for cinematography, even the very first frame of the movie is practically an art piece
>>
>>79992230

I haven't seen the movie, but if you think "pretty pictures = good cinematography" then you are a pleb.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.