[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"For the Battle of Coruscant sequence I wanted to depict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

>"For the Battle of Coruscant sequence I wanted to depict a grand scale space battle with capital ships. We have seen dogfights before, but no capital ship against capital ship battles where both sides unleash their entire arsenals to decimate the enemy fleet."

>"Some people have asked me why I chose to have the ships so close to one another rather than very far away, which would be very possible and probably more reasonable considering the technology they have access to. The truth is that I wanted to capture that iconic pirate ship battle atmosphere where two ships lined up next to each other and unloaded, and I wanted to underline the defeat of a ship by making it appear to drop toward the planet, like an airplane that's been shot down. Very dramatic visuals overall."

>"Another reason for that decision is that a space battle between ships that are very far away from each other is a very boring affair. You hear the command to fire weapons. Sometime later you may or may not see a successful hit. You fire, you wait, you fire, you wait. Maybe you would see some blip on a radar screen. Very dry and calculated, much like submarine movies, which aren't known for exciting battles. It wouldn't have conveyed the tension and energy I wanted the scene to have."

Do you agree with Lucas?
>>
File: 7345656.webm (3MB, 936x400px) Image search: [Google]
7345656.webm
3MB, 936x400px
>>
>>79959188
I think the Original And Prequel trilogy are great films. I hate Disney so much for buying Star Wars. I'm already sick of it all and it's only going to get worse.
>>
>>79959188

I think you could make battles where the ships are very far away from each other dramatic and visually exciting if you had talent.

So I agree with his decision.
>>
I don't mind all that.

What I do mind is that you never really get the feeling that the CIS navy and the Republic's navy are any different other than looks.
Numbers, use of battleships and fighters, power of guns, armor, tactics etc. All the same but with slightly different skins.
>>
>>79959308
WTF I love Disney now?
>>
>>79959188
>Do you agree with Lucas?

No. He's an incompetent retard.
>>
>>79959188
Makes sense. Its a kids movie, doesn't have to make total sense
>>
>>79959702
Watch Clone Wars
>>
>>79959240
That looks fucking terrible.
>>
I saw these movies when they came out and I haven't seen them since.

I legit cannot remember who the fuck was supposed to be fighting who. Republic and the empire? Republic and the trade federation?

It's not like the logistics or sensibility of this conflict mattered at any point so Lucas was right for going for impressive visuals.
>>
>>79960699
>>79959240
Honest question here. Why do the effects in the prequels look sometimes much worse than the effects of other big movies from back then? It's especially weird since Lucas, Lucasfilm and ILM are involved. I imagine of I were working on a Star Wars film directed by Lucas I'd give it my all and deliver some groundbreaking CGI but some parts look downright like from a B-movie.
>>
>>79961052
It's mainly because 2 & 3 are shot on shitty digital video so even the practical stuff ends up looking cg, Jar Jar is fairly impressive for 1999 desu
>>
>>79961161
gollum was done around the same time and hes 609 times better
>>
>>79959240
>hey guys lets make our future shipfights like the fucking 1700's
so stupid
>>
>>79961281
Jar Jar's scenes would have been rendered in 97-99, Gollum's '01-'02. You'd be surprised how fast tech was moving back then
>>
Didn't we have this exact same thread a few hours ago? Shut the fuck up, OP. It doesn't matter if we agree or not because the scene is still way too long and badly written.
>>
>>79959188
Lucas is right. As always.
>>
>>79961824
>stays on 4chan 24/7
>monitors every thread
>gets angered at the slightest repetition
>>
>>79961894
>the slightest repetition
It is the exact same fucking thing in the OP. You don't have to be here 24/7 to realize that.
>>
>>79959188
I agree with almost all of what he says and I understand why you'd take that approach for an adventure movie, but Das Boot was more exciting than every movie Lucas has made put together.
>>
>>79961911
Calm down, have a laugh at least it's not a blacked cunny foot thread also checked
>>
>>79961956
>we will never get a submarine warfare style star wars spin off
>>
It really activates my almonds how people can nitpick unrealistic aspects in a movie about futuristic space wizards with magic technology all the while glossing over the impracticality of long legged multi ton walkers deployed in the snow.
>>
>>79959188
I agree how it looks pretty neat to see capital ships blast each other with their massive ion cannons with a broadside, but at the same time, I would prefer long range face to face combat and steadily heading towards each other's fleet. Only bombers + fighters should engage in short-range. Capital ships usually stay in the back, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>79959240
>broadside mounted weapons on a spaceship

I'll take "How to be an easier target for $400, Alex."
>>
>>79962361
It was all really a diversionary tactic to steal the chancellor and throw the Jedi off. Furthermore a long range more practical battle honestly would end up taking like 1/4 of the film instead of being context.
>>
>>79962502
>literally called Star WARS
>can't give us a proper space battle

wew
>>
>>79959188
It's possibly the best scene in the prequels and arguably ranks among the greatest OT scenes, so in this one particular instance Lucas was correct. It was amazing and well-done, and an excellent opener for the movie.

But hey, when you're wrong 96% of the time, you're right 4% of the time
>>
>>79962552
There have been a lot of them already spanning the films. People tend owning exclusively the prequels, these movies were never highly realistic sci fi not very practical in their plot lines. They are adventure movies and space opera meant to awe.
>>
>>79962633
People tend to over think exclusively*
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.