[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it deserve the success it got? If FRIENDS were to be cast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Friends.jpg (219KB, 1200x629px) Image search: [Google]
Friends.jpg
219KB, 1200x629px
Does it deserve the success it got?

If FRIENDS were to be cast today would there be outrage at an all white cast?
>>
1) no, it just came around at the right time and had attractive people at the helm with just enough charisma to make it watchable

2) probably yes
>>
Really went downhill after they lost the monkey. Most likeable character.
>>
>>79959223
Jewish was never an ethnicity, it's an ancestry at best
>>
>>79959277

Everything with the monkey was actually shit.

I just watched friends for the first time recently thinking I wasn't going to like it. But as far as sitcoms go it has some good jokes. Also the tits in this show... God damn
>>
>>79959359
That was just my not very subtle way of saying "I don't like this show."
>>
>>79959156
>all black Friends remake
>doesn't last one season because niggers are pieces of shit and hate eachother
>>
Yes

If it was made today it wouldn't have an all white cast. There would be at least one black, one gay and possibly one asian/Indian.
>>
>>79959664
I have no problems with "diversity" but only if it's organic and earned, or required for historical accuracy
>>
>>79959463
>Ross and Rachel never break up because he's got plenty of THOTs and side pieces
>the plotline of Phoebe trying to find and talk to her father is cut because the rest of them don't know their fathers either
>the monkey is more articulate than the cast
>>
>>79959684
Diversity by my terms only!

Could there not be a coceptual sitcom that played around with the whole concept of tokenism and "race quotas"
>>
>>79959890
I'm sure there's a comedy that already tried that at some point
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.