[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people understand the satire behind The Itchy & Scratchy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: the principal and the pauper.jpg (77KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
the principal and the pauper.jpg
77KB, 640x488px
Why do people understand the satire behind The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show but not The Principal And the Pauper, when both are satirizing the same thing?
>>
chucks sneed and jew
>>
Because it'd be like Roy actually staying on the show as a main character
>>
>>79945291
Because The Principal And the Pauper is from a season people hate.
>>
>>79945291
Underageb& are not intelligent enough to understand this episode even though it practically winks at you every five minutes.
>>
>>79945291
Because Matt Groening himself disowned The Principal and the Pauper?
>>
>>79945291
Because people have disdain for the story of the latter, but not the former.
>>
>>79946049
Groening is a hack who owes his entire fortune to Sam Simon.
>>
>>79945291

There reaches a point when satire becomes too subtle and it's indistinguishable from what it was satirizing.

There's a nifty buzzword for the phenomenon.
>>
They're not satirising the same thing.
>>
>>79946139
Yeah, but Groening is the Simpsons producer that people remember, if they remember anyone at all.
>>
If the episode was more absurd it would have worked.
>>
>>79945291
Because after The Principal and the Pauper the show never goes back to the classic feel of the show. Season 9 continues the trend it establishes.

Had it been shown in the middle of season 7 or 8 it would be more highly regarded and recognised as satire.
>>
>>79945291
Do we hate Armond Tanzarian or Frank Grimes' son more?
>>
>>79945354
Apart from one or two throwaway gags, Armin Tamzarian never appears, and certainly not as a main character.
>>
File: Armin.png (13KB, 597x133px) Image search: [Google]
Armin.png
13KB, 597x133px
>>
>>79946369
Well yeah the mayor expressly forbids it.
>>
>>79945291
I always got the impression that The Principal and the Pauper was an idea they genuinely began writing, but as the episode progressed they realized it wasn't working and added some self-deprecating/satirical jokes as a sort of apology to the audience.

The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show felt like it was a satirical idea from the get-go.

This is just my take and I could be wrong, but I feel vindicated by Groening's comments regarding the Principal and the Pauper
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.