[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I study history and in my Japan history class my teacher wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (9KB, 209x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9KB, 209x300px
I study history and in my Japan history class my teacher wants me to do a presentation about this movie.

Can /tv/ helps me ? Do you think this movie was good ?
>>
Watch Letters to Iwo Jima in addition to this. They were filmed at the same time and are meant to be both watched. You'll get a better perspective of the battle and you can make a much better report.

It's also the better movie. I'd also watch Thin Red Line.
>>
>>79918056
Thanks.

I have a friend who have to do "Letters to Iwo Jima". I don't really like "Flags of our fathers", I think the movie was too confusing because of the too many flashbacks. I don't know what Clint was trying to show : how the government used a picture ? what is heroism ?
>>
>>79918009

Its great, because it addresses 2 commonly ignored points in history:

>#1: The US entered WW2 in order to have an excuse to save its economy by mass producing war machines in a total war

>#2: The US used propaganda to further it's cause
>>
>>79918157
Thanks, I might to a chapter about the propaganda.
>>
>>79918225

Since this /tv/ has had a rough case of a /pol/ infestation, I didnt want to bring it up, but since you sound like a reasonable guy:

>look up Ignovsky "Iggy" as an example of Japanese torture of captured Marines/Gi's

>Native Americans fighting for the USA, but being cast aside once they served their country
>>
>>79918149
To show how the US used propaganda in WW2 and its effect on both the US people and the soldiers whose lives were turned into a political tool over just some photograph. War time is a crazy thing, both on the front lines and at home.
>>
File: 43523452345.jpg (30KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
43523452345.jpg
30KB, 400x266px
>>79918307
>Native Americans fighting for the USA, but being cast aside once they served their country

Too bad Windtalkers is awful. It's a really interesting topic.
>>
>>79918307
>>79918369
Good, I think I will do something like

1) The battle (put Iggy there)
2) The picture
3) How the picture was used

The problem I have about the battle is that you almost never see the Japanese soldiers.
>>
>>79918455
>The problem I have about the battle is that you almost never see the Japanese soldiers.

That's why you need to watch Letters. You'll see the crazy tactics the nips used. To the Americans, it seemed like the Japs were dug in really deep and could kick their ass at any moment. When in reality they were stuck in dark, disease infested caves and malnourished.

Part of the reason they dug in like that was to ice the Americans, the same way coaches will call time out right before the other team goes for a field goal.
>>
>>79918056
>>79918149
it's letters FROM iwo jima you retards
>>
So is this another "THE USA WON THE WAR" propaganda? Reminder that alpha Russians won the war while amerifats were lying on the beach and nuking civilians after they surrendered
>>
>>79919166
No. It actually guilts you a bit for making PTSD riddled vets leave their comrades to come home and be superstars, feeling bad for leaving their fellow soldiers behind.
>>
>>79918056
I haven't seen these yet, should I?
I always get a sense Eastwood is a bit lacklustre as a director.
>>
>>79921686
They're pretty good, you should try them. Both films hit me pretty hard.
>>
>>79919166
>this Meme again
Germany would have won without America joining and turning the tide against Hitler's U-Boats
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.