[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the symbolic meaning or reasoning behind Driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

What was the symbolic meaning or reasoning behind Driver using a hammer /tv/ ?
>>
>>79898430
because that movie is a forced a meme.
>>
Style
>>
>>79898430

>I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
>>
Nothing.

Refn just being a dumdum as usual.
>>
it was a nod to MC Hammer
>>
It just looks cool, man.
>>
he has a small penis and the hammer's phallic shape is comforting to him on a subconscious level.
>>
philosophizing with a hammer
>>
>>79898430

He's a mechanic so he probably had one lying around
>>
>>79899212
mechanics don't use hammers, they should have given him a wrench or a tire iron or something
>>
>>79899041
what's so stylish about a wooden hammer?
>>
>>79899212
what would a mechanic hammer? a tire? a windshield? a door? a steering wheel? Cmon
>>
>>79898430
Because of the nail he shoves down the guys throat beforehand?
>>
>>79899254
what's so stylish about a broken wrist?
>>
File: 1485830538256.png (158KB, 816x754px) Image search: [Google]
1485830538256.png
158KB, 816x754px
>>79898430

Refn was foreshadowing to a deleted scene where Ryan Gosling jackhammers all of the topless strippers back stage until they bleed.
>>
>>79899331
It was a bullet.
>>
>>79899243
>>79899287

t. numales who have never been in a workshop
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfoLqZ-gtwU

>Monkeys on their back, a scorpion's on yours
>You know their hearts are black, they can't follow the course
>You'd only take a life, that was already over to save another
>No guns or bombs or knives
>Your hammer, your hands, your heart is full

Holy fuck it was about Drive
>>
>>79899489
i took a year of auto class in high school and we only ever used ball peen hammers
>>
>>79899513
Nice
>>
>>79898430
>>
File: EmbeddedSubliminal.png (106KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
EmbeddedSubliminal.png
106KB, 480x270px
The hammer is the traditional weapon of the paladin. Crusaders used to use blunt weapons since edged weapons were considered sinful.

At the same time, the Jewish villain uses a carefully treated razor like a chalef knife, used in Jewish ritual slaughter (for kosher meat). The character is also depicted in front of a star of David, subliminally emphasizing the religious overtones.
>>
>>79899940
why would they need to subliminally embed a star of david when the villains of the movie are clearly jewish?
>>
>>79899542
exactly, ball peen. not carpenter hammers.
>>
>>79900384
To emphasize the fact that they are Jewish.
>>
>>79900462
so why is the driver using a claw hammer?
>>
>>79899940
wtf i love refn now
>>
>>79898430

he was "fixing" a problem

thats all I can think of really
>>
>>79898430
bang, bang, maxwells silver hammer came down on his head
>>
>>79899940
huh, don't that beat all?I never noticed that
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.