[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Best Directing >Best Cinematography >Best Actress >Best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

>Best Directing
>Best Cinematography
>Best Actress
>Best Production Design
>Best Original Screenplay
>Best Original Song
>Not Best Picture

BUT

>Best Actor
>Best Adapted Screenplay
>Somehow Best Picture

I'm a pretty liberal guy, but even I can see how Moonlight only won because muh hashtag oscars so white
>>
>>79897963
>Best LEAD Actress
>Best SUPPORTING Actor
ftfy
>>
File: 1453470621778.png (401KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
1453470621778.png
401KB, 600x696px
>>79897963
>I'm a pretty liberal guy, but even I can see how Moonlight only won because muh hashtag oscars so white

Well I'm a right-wing white nationalist who just hung a nigger family of four from an oak tree not 20 minutes ago, and I have to say I think Moonlight definitely deserved to win.
>>
>>79897963
Moonlight was better la la land though, la la land was trash. Moonlight had

For me personally though, I wish Manchester won or silence won(I know it didn't get nominated, but still)
>>
>>79898048
>moonlight had
even liberals can't come up with a reason for why it was better
>>
File: selma.png (18KB, 646x231px) Image search: [Google]
selma.png
18KB, 646x231px
reminds me of this
>>
>>79898048
>>79898035
Personal opinion aside. How does a group of people decide that one film did the best job in all the important elements of filmmaking, but somehow wasn't the best film?
>>
>>79897963
Manchester by the sea won best original screenplay. La La Land is missing Best Original Score here. Doesn't change your point though.
>>
>>79898140
Moonlight had better acting, more character depth, and better writing. La la land was pretty shallow, I don't need a film to have some "deep" underlying message, but there was no depth to the plot or characters, it was literally a film about circlejerking Hollywood. Sure the technical aspects were nice, but they didn't add to themes of the movie and enhance it. It's like chazelle was saying, "oh hey look how these fancy these camera techniques are", the opening tracking shot was worthless and added nothing to the film. Now moonlight did have its fair share of flaws too, the dialogue got a bit heavy handed at times and the third act ended abruptly, pacing became a little off by the end, however it wasn't enough to diminish the film. Moonlight was a legitimately good film and it felt authentic unlike most American gay movies.
>>
>>79897963
>Moonlight only won because muh hashtag oscars so white

Duh, it happens every time there's a black movie. EVERY time, and yet every year people still bitch about how there weren't enough blacks nominated. Just you watch, screenshot this. Next year, everyone will have forgotten about Moonlight and it's win and they'll bitch about how white the noms are, no matter how many non-whites are nominated.
>>
>>79898370
>it was literally a film about circlejerking Hollywood
>Oppening track shot was worthless

Congrats you did not understand a pretty straight forward message of the movie
>>
>>79898370
reddit is that way, brother.

but in all seriousness, are you mentally challenged? or are you just really that stupid? the whole fucking point of la la land was the exact opposite, showing how real life is NOT a hollywood movie, hence the dream sequence in which their lives happen as if it would've been a hollywood movie
moonlight had terrible pacing in the end, which i do think was enough to kill most of it, nothing really happened, it was much more baiting for an oscar than la la land however much you cry, Jesus fucking Christ, how much more baiting can being a faggot AND being a nigger be?

seriously, some people are just dense
>>
>>79898186
if you honestly don't know, you should probably ask yourself why you're even on this board.
>>
>>79897963
It didn't win Original Screenplay, retard
It's pretty simple
>La La Land had better production
>Moonlight had better writing
>>
>>79898494
it didn't happen with Selma
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.