[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be Denzel Washington >Proven Academy Award winner for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>Be Denzel Washington
>Proven Academy Award winner for best Actor for the role he played in Training Day
>Practiced his role in Fences for literally 7 years inside broadway plays
>Fences is finally made into a movie form
>Act your ass off
>Some autistic manlet whiteboi who happens to be Ben Affleck's little brother mumbles on the screen for hours and looks down at the ground for the entire movie wins Best Actor
>mfw
>>
>>79883155
All I saw was Denzel be Denzel, he's the same in every movie with just a slightly different spin.

He's either angry, quiet, or sarcastic
>>
>>79883155
This, not even to mention how he locked those two girls in his room by force and literally raped those poor girls and got away with it scott free. Imagine if a black man had done that. He would have been executed. Seriously fuck white people.
>>
>>79883155
Think he went in feeling pretty confident coming of the SAG and then it hit him.
>>
Denzel has been playing the same character since Malcolm x and glory.
>>
>>79883562
How many times did Denzel say OK and nod his head in fences?
>>
>>79883562
>>79883704
whitebois pls go
>>
>>79883155
>>Proven Academy Award winner for best Actor for the role he played in Training Day
He was better in that Malcolm X movie but they Oscars wouldn't let him get nominated
>>
>>79884304
He was so goddamn good in Malcolm.
>>
>>79883155
Maybe he should try acting instead of playing the same character for a decade
>>
>>79883562
>>79883704
>>79886185
Name 3 to 5 movies where Denzel plays "the same character" and describe the characteristic similarities.

Go on, I'm waiting.
>>
>>79886994
Every. Single. Movie. He. Is. In. Ever.
>>
>>79886994
Training Day
American Gangster
Inside Job

He plays an arrogant and cocky negro
>>
>>79887386
Sorry Inside Man
>>
>>79886994
Not that guy but what he probably means is that his idiosyncrasies make it hard for him to disappear into a role, so instead of seeing a character in a film we see Denzel Washington emoting. Another good example of this is Jack Nicholson.
>>
>>79887452

And Keanu Reeves. And Nic Cage. And Mel Gibson. And Sam Rockwell. And Martin Freeman. And Karl Urban.

Actors like that are pretty based.
>>
Not all acting is character acting. Are you truly this unaware? The only actors I can think of who truly play other characters are Robin Williams and Day Lewis. If you're talking about having range, that's another story.
>>
>>79887652

Day Lewis is such a tryhard, I have a hard time seeing his role first before the actor.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.