[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>My black friend told me that besides the filmmakers all being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0058.jpg (252KB, 1584x2345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
252KB, 1584x2345px
>My black friend told me that besides the filmmakers all being exclusively black and having a black ensemble cast, this horror movie ain't all that unique or different.

>Told me a black woman stood up in the theater and started clapping when a white person died in the film

>Said it would only be understood by black folks

Horror is my favorite genre in film. So why should take the money and time to see a racially charged horror film only for black people? Can white people watch and understand this too /tv/?
>>
Who even pays to see a movie?
>>
You shouldn't.

There, I saved you the trouble.
>>
>>79879768
It's a completely mediocre film. Race aside, it's full of jump scares and other trope bullshit.

Also you could easily race reverse this movie and it would be equally mediocre. It's literally not worth talking about.
>>
Watch White Dog instead if you want a good horror about racism. It's not straight horror, but it's scarier, creepier and more nuanced than Get Out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhkrvBNnAcw

It also stars lesbian extraordinaire Kristy McNichols, so you have your LGBTQ points too, and she's cute and a pretty decent actress to boot.
>>
>black friend
>>
Well, since your black friend speak for an entire culture and race, I guess you should trust him.
>>
>minorities have to deal with being shot by police
>being unconstituionally deported
>white people have to deal with.... being called meanies from time to time
>>
>My black friend
Please don't lie to me.
>>
>>79879768
It isn't rascist in fact there aren't even really any rascist characters in the movie at all; the family are just obsessed liberal weirdos who actually covet black people. They're more equatable to cucks than rascists. A white person can enjoy and understand the movie, and it's actually a great horror movie. I think if you've ever enjoyed any of Peele's stuff in the past you should enjoy this too.

As far as somebody cheering when a 'white' character died? It's the same as if they were to kill a horror movie monster and you'll be cheering because they're just fucking evil people. The race thing is just a unique perspective for the movie for a very untypical plot. Trust me it's very good and this is coming from somebody who was very skeptical about it going in.
>>
>>79880038
It's more about the world being so PC now that saying something in jest can get you sent to jail, but it's okay to make death threats if you're "oppressed".
>>
>>79879989
Get Out isn't about rascism though, it just uses race as basis for the premise
>>
>>79880099
Agreed, except about the part about the movie being good. It isn't. Not racist, but not good either.

This isn't the next Green Room, like some people are saying.
>>
>>79880038
>unconstituionally deported

o u
>>
>>79880178
Oh, okay, cool then. I'll probably watch it. I was gonna watch it anyway, I love horror, but now I'll watch it sooner.
>>
>ill fug every white girl i see
what did the mc mean by that
>>
>>79879989
>it's a Cujo and White Dog prequel where Cujo tries, but ultimately fails, to teach White Dog how to be a Good Dog
>it's sequel where a redeemed White Dog must stop a rabid Cujo from hurting The Boy
>>
>>79880310
Good&Bad Dogs Cinematic Universe when?
>>
>>79880182
I thought it was pretty fucking good myself despite having to temper my expectations against the obviously-inflated rotten tomatoes score.

Lol /tv/ should have hated Green Room way more based on how much they seem to hate Get Out over it's villains being rascist whites but then again /tv/ has the aggregate iq of a 5 year old
>>
>Not just going into the theatre and chuckling at inappropriate times to annoy them
>>
>>79880415
/tv/ likes good movies
Green Room was good
Get Out was a little below average

that is all
>>
>>79880038
Black commit more crimes against whites than whites do blacks
>>
>>79879768
Of course you can, whites are the inspiration for this horror. You're the nightmare fuel you dumb motherfucker, why are you trying squirm away from it as if you don't know this?
Who are you trying to convince, yourselves?
>>
Maybe you should just pirate it and come up with your own opinion before you start whining about it on /tv/.
>>
>>79880038
>unconstitutionally deported

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>79880125
Yeah. Multiple centuries of racism is less important than comedian wannabes cracking jokes that are only funny if they offend someone.
George Carlin, Chris Rock and Bill Hicks had offensive jokes, but they were so smart about it that they were revered for it. It's not because of the times. It's because they made actual comedy out of stereotypes and social problems. Now all we have is teenage edgelords who complain about freedom of speech when someone calls them out for saying something offensive for no reason.
>>
>>79879958
there are no jump scares in the entire movie?

There's maybe one visual/audio scare that can be considered a jump scare and nothing really pops out at you. The horror of the movie comes from being able to be placed under a spell the whole time and the suspense of trying to figure out what they intend for Chris.
>>
>be black
>commit crime
>cops tell you to stop
>you either charge at them or run away
>get shot
>other black people protest the police
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>79880462
>/tv/ likes good movies

Heh
>>
>>79879989
just letting everyone know that dog has been dead for like at least twenty years
>>
>>79880038
>>being unconstituionally deported
Aww, to be young again
>>
>>79880038
i know it's bait, but white people are more likely to be shot by police because police, specifically white ones, hesitate on firing on a black man.
>>
>>79879768
Are there BLACKED sex scenes in this movie?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.