[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Nolan's best film? I definitely think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Prestige_poster.jpg (29KB, 258x382px) Image search: [Google]
Prestige_poster.jpg
29KB, 258x382px
Is this Nolan's best film? I definitely think it's underrated, it's a lot better than things like The Dark Knight and Inception.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 296x170px
ive taken shits that were more memerable. you must be at least 18 to use this board so come back in 5 years kid.
>>
>>79877699
Mind explaining your arguments?
>>
>it's a lot better than things like The Dark Knight and Inception
''No." The Dark Knight and Inception
were at least honest. I can't really say the same about his early work though
>>
>>79877699
>trump image
>is contrarian
>deflects the subject
Redditor 101
>>
File: 1474331045822.jpg (36KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474331045822.jpg
36KB, 600x400px
>>79877583
I do agree that it's better than Inception, but i'm not so sure about The Dark Knight. Very different genres. But Prestige was amazing nonetheless.
>>
Prestige, Memento and TDK are his only watchable movies, the rest is pretentious "TOO DEEP FOR YOU" garbage.
>>
>>79877761
No
>>
>>79877583
I didn't like the fact that I was led to believe that the film was set in a realistic world where magic doesn't exist, but then in order to explain Wolverine's magic they invented a fantasy technology. Like, that's just another way of saying it was magic.

Still, that wasn't the point and it was a great movie.
>>
>>79877583
I like how the ending explains things, but don't dummies it down like TDKR, overextend it like Interstellar or leaves it open like Inception
>>
>>79878011
"No".
>>
>>79877583

The book is better, but wouldn't be a good movie.
>>
>>79877583
yes, the worldbuilding, set construction, acting, phenomenal ending, uses of foreshadowing, clever way to hop chronologically, the way it was a period piece and still a sci-fi, everything from a Nolan movie, but perfection
>>
>>79877583

>there's people here still arguing that bale in the end scene was a bordens twin
>>
>>79880024
what was he?
>>
>>79879610
didn't the author say the movie is actually better than his book?
>>
>>79880063

a different way of dealing with the problem angier faced during his final representation of the trick
>>
>>79880143
meaning what exactly? so your saying that at the end, when he gets shot, its not by a twin? or a twin doesn't pick up his girl? im pretty sure it is lol
>>
>>79880143
this made no sense haha
>>
>>79878763
Inception is pretty good.
>>
File: p28578_p_v8_af.jpg (237KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p28578_p_v8_af.jpg
237KB, 960x1440px
>>79877583
That's not Memento
>>
>>79880143
still wondering wtf you are on about
>>
>>79880191

there's like what. one or two brief lines mentioning twins.
first is when angier discusses with cutler about how the trick is done and I'm not entirely sure if cutler states twin or simply "he uses a double".
second time is when angier gets shot and simply guesses "a brother? a twin?".
that's for that.
in colorado springs angier asks about a machine tesla build for a rival (obviously borden).
so it's implied that borden had a machine like the one angier had himself or had used one like it at least before destroying it due to it's complications.
angier kills himself everytime to make the trick work. borden let's "himself" live and tries to make it work (half a life for each).
the issue you can adress is the different love interest for both but it's not really something that's refuted by the movie itself.
>>
>>79880410
"You never even made the machine, but you led me to believe you had"
"You know what its like each living half a life."
>>
>>79880316
thats because memento sucks
>>
>>79880410
How would a poor, worth-nothing magician, come into contact with Nikola Tesla? Also, at the beginning of the movie, Borden says "no one else could do my trick." because even then he has a brother willing to help him. Its the reason he stops the old man's trick. Its the reason he wins the story as the greatest magician of all time, which both were trying to prove they were
>>
>>79880316
its a realllllly great concept and great film, but falls apart when you think about it.
>>
>>79880519
>>79880566
Explain
>>
>>79880519
no
>>
>>79880566
>>79880316
like does the due get arrested after killing John G. Does he keep killing John Gs? How did he get some of the facts? What happens when the facts point to no one, like when he already killed the John G with the liecnese, will he keep killing john gs, with different liscences?
>>
File: wallhaven-293072.jpg (517KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-293072.jpg
517KB, 1920x1200px
>>79880655
I guess there are a lot of unanswered questions in it but sometimes a great ride of a movie without all the answers leaves a bit to the imagination.
>>
>>79877583
I don't know about it being his best but it's certainly my favorite of his
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.