[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't mind that it's Christian. But honestly, given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Silence.jpg.jpg (31KB, 353x498px) Image search: [Google]
Silence.jpg.jpg
31KB, 353x498px
I don't mind that it's Christian. But honestly, given the fact that every other scorsese film is atleast an 8/10, this feels like a let down.
>>
>>79870217
>every other scorsese film is atleast an 8/10
Best Scorsese since the 80s
If you disagree you should go back
>>
>>79870285
>Best Scorsese since the 80s
literally how?
>>
>>79870217
Silence was actually a return to his former glory. His recent work,
Gangs of New York, Shutter Island, Hugo, Wolf of Wallstreet, etc, were all 6-7/10 at best.
>>
>>79870217
it's not very good

the flaw is that Scorsese isn't doing ambiguity and complexity-- he's trying to play both sides.

you can't deny christ and remain a christian. at some point you've got to repent and take a stand.

Lying about your religion is what Jews do. And Scorsese is just doing this to please his Jew masters.
>>
>>79870354
>Gangs of New York, Shutter Island
ok ill give you that. I forgot about those.

but hugo and wolf are like 8/10.
>>
>>79870354
Gangs of New York is a solid fucking 9. His best film imo. Wolf of Wall Street was trash though, no accounting for how that won anything.
>>
I liked this movie but I really feel it would have been far better with a better main actor.
>>
>>79870404
>his best film

guarantee your opinion will change when he releases the irishman next year. I'll eat my own dick if that film isn't easily in his top 3.
>>
>>79870217
More importantly, this film portrays the Jesuits as reprehensible, false Christians and the Japs as paragons of virtue.
>>
>From the director of The Wolf of Wall Street
>>
>>79870387
What I took from it was that the priests were actually guilty of the sin of pride. They were proud of their refusal to refuse god, and cost people's lives in the process where swallowing their pride actually led to them being able to do far more good for the faith and those who wished to convert in a far more subtle manner.

It's a very interesting concept to dwell on.
>>
>>79870217
>those jesuit accents
scorsese is a fucking hack and hasnt made anything good in in over a decade now
>>
>>79870217
>I don't mind that it's Kirishtan.
FTFY
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.