[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shows so bad that they destroyed part of your soul and forced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

ITT: Shows so bad that they destroyed part of your soul and forced you to start taking hard drugs.
>>
>>79828889
A ten-minute cartoon sketch show that was cancelled immediately and has been forgotten in less than a year did this to you?
>>
>>79828960
I was a fan of Brad Neely's online stuff and seeing him screw the pooch so bad made me pretty disillusioned
>>
>>79828960
Not OP, but it did pretty much the same to me
Neely lost his fucking mind somewhere along the road
>>
>China, IL was cancelled for this

Can Lazzo just die already?
>>
>>79829030
it was weird because format sounded perfect for him, but instead they just went with the most random and least creative route possible.

I blame the jews
>>
>>79829030
>>79829023

I think it was LA that did it to him. He's said a lot that he hates living in California and that he was perfectly fine back in Texas.
>>
>>79829023
Same.

I actually can't even enjoy his older stuff in the same way I used to, because this dumpster fire of a show really made me lose faith in my own taste.
>>
>>79829133
makes sense, each episode had guest stars who were really shoehorned in probably just because of their name alone.

The whole show felt to me like the producers took too much control without understanding what made Neely's original shorts funny.
>>
>>79829276
>The whole show felt to me like the producers took too much control without understanding what made Neely's original shorts funny.
Maybe even Neely himself didn't know what made his original shorts funny. Perhaps that is *why* his work declined after "going big".
>>
File: 49199251.cached.jpg (60KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
49199251.cached.jpg
60KB, 800x500px
>>79828889
>taking drugs
Please don't do that my friend. Your body is a temple that should not be poisoned
>>
>>79829276

I agree. They took away his actual show, the one he earned through years of hard work and self promotion on the internet. When you take away basically everything he's been working on for the better part of a decade you're left with his old creased comics kind of content, which is very specific to the single panel comic format.

They fucked him. Plain and simple. So hard, I'd be surprised if he actively does anything after this outside of production/consulting work.
>>
>>79829327
>executive producer: Brad Neely

looks like this checks out
>>
>>79829402
Shrooms are alright though right?
>>
>>79829414
I recall reading somewhere that he canceled China of his own volition; that he somehow believed that it had reached its creative end, and he wanted to move on to a new project.

That is what makes it so incredibly bizarre that he would make Sclopio after saying something like that.
>>
>>79829520

I believe that. He's an artsy type. Probably got tired of the shit. But at the same time, I'm not convinced that wasn't a PR statement for AS to save face.
>>
>>79829520

Maybe he kamikaze'd? Got tired of the system and laid a huge shit bomb to get tossed out.
>>
>>79829520
Even China, Il was shit compared to his original shorts. He totally fucked up his own characters.

for example,
Frank was funny because he was an out of touch professor who thought he was way cooler than he actually was. In the show he's simply an annoying narcissist who doesn't revels in hedonism.

Steve was funny because he knew he was a loser and simply gave up on trying to please anyone. In the show he's now the cool one who everyone respects.

The whole point of Baby Cakes was that he was a manchild incapable of interacting with the real world and instead substituted it with his own, but in the show, the world is already as absurd as Baby Cake's imagination, thus making his character pointless.
>>
>>79829500
Nope. That's sinful anon
>>
>>79829831

That shit seems directly like studio intervention to me. "Make it make more sense." I imagine they said.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.