[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will a Metal Gear film work? Obviously the character "Snake"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_m8370y1ZKZ1qf15kjo1_1280.jpg (152KB, 669x816px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8370y1ZKZ1qf15kjo1_1280.jpg
152KB, 669x816px
How will a Metal Gear film work?

Obviously the character "Snake" is the main draw to the series so they would need to take Kojima's world and drop it into reality.

Like a spy version of Sicario involving a nuclear monstrosity. That's what they need to do.

And of course, the twist, having Snake's commander being revealed as an older clone and having Snake being revealed as the inferior clone would tap into that genetic story while giving it a realistic treatment.

Who would cast as Snake though? I know would cast Sharlto Copley as the Otacon character but I would like to see Christian Bale play Snake, an American with the older clone being based on both Solidus and Liquid.

Hard to do, in my opinion.

As long as the Metal Gear looks and feels like something that could exist in our world and make the audience shit their pants when it fires off nukes and bombs American and Chinese soil then yeah, the risks have to be that high.
>>
>>>/v/
Fuck off
>>
>>79808590
I actually played one of those games once. Fucking retarded
>>
>>79808605

It's actually in the works

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/

And if you played the first MGS to the end and watched the beautiful montage of life, nature and animals you'd see it was all a commentary about the need to rid the world of nuclear bombs.
>>
Adapt the original Metal Gear game

Keanu Reeves as Solid Snake
Jeff Bridges as Big Boss
>>
>>79808590
>How will a Metal Gear film work?
It wouldn't be very good. There's a certain humorous charm to most of the Metal Gear games that would be difficult to capture in a film. Besides that, I feel like like its directing is very uniquely Japanese, even though the game tries to be as international as possible.

It would end up being a grimdark take on the Metal Gear universe, where the directors try to make it similar to James Bond to gain a bigger audience.
>>
File: 1403315720281.jpg (70KB, 300x346px) Image search: [Google]
1403315720281.jpg
70KB, 300x346px
I know who I'd cast as Snake
>>
>>79808590
I never understood all those characters in MGS.
Snake and Big boss and others are clones ?
Who created them and why ?
>>
>>79808691
>it was all a commentary about the need to rid the world of nuclear bombs.
Nice try japs, not happening
>>
>>79808770

Well, I believe Kojima is working on the storyline.

I really do think they need to look at Sicario for inspiration. Snake is basically the Government's button man. A pawn used by people in power (which would be a nice storyline for the sequels), he infiltrates a black site where, for the first time, in 2017, we reveal that the US Government has been up to some shady shit with the development of a bipedal nuclear tank. The terrorist organization that has taken the black site are there to expose the Government's corruption, which even involves the United Nations and we sit there and judge on who is really right? The freedom fighting terrorists which shouldn't be so black and white but in an area of gray, or the American pawn sent in to kill the head of the group.

The terrorist group were a special group like a SEAL Team as they have unique abilities, that would be the charm in my opinion. Seeing a guy who uses advanced camo so he's invisible and can wait months to snipe someone, there's a character already established.

The Commander is revealed to be a partner who trained with Snake and is also revealed to be a clone, older and born with dominant traits while Snake was born with inferior traits. Use the underdog story.
>>
>>79808931
Naked Snake (Big Bos)s was the perfect soldier

Solid Snake and Liquid Snake are clones (I think Raiden is a clone of Snake)

The Patriots control everything
>>
>>79808590
They would call it Metal Gear Solid 4 and release it on PS3.
>>
File: snaaaaaaake.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
snaaaaaaake.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
METAL GEAR?!
>>
File: WAITAAMINUTE.png (11KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
WAITAAMINUTE.png
11KB, 321x322px
>>79809029
>>
>>79808691

It's been in the works for over a decade anon.
>>
Snake is asian
>>
>>79809008

>Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro's relationship in Heat

Bale as the protagonist, Leonardo DiCaprio as the antagonist, reasons why the look different? Because one was born with more of the mother's genes, the other was born of the father's.

Who is the father? Some legendary motherfucker.
>>
Fuck off /v/
>>
>>79809079

This isn't /v/, we're discussing the new Metal Gear film coming up and how can they make it work, you silly dolt.
>>
>>79808590
if you give it to Bale it will be shit, but memed here for eternity like tdkr and bvs
>>
>>79808836
>Height: 1.75 m
>>
>>79809057
So is Motoko
>>
>>79809235
Snake is only 1.80
>>
>>79809237
>>79809057
here is your (you) you faggot
>if media was made by asians that makes the protag automatically asian meme
like in gits, right?
the asian was clearly only the scientist guy (Otacon was his name?)
>>
>>79809057
Not really though since he's like a weird spliced clone of Biggo and only carried by a japanese woman
>>
>>79809026
Raiden isn't one of Les Enfants Terrible. Just some Liberian war orphan who became a damn good child soldier.

>>79809364
It's probably been retconned to hell and back like everything else in this God-forsaken series by now, but there's a minor, throwaway codec call in MGS where Snake and "Miller" talk about being part Japanese.
>>
>>79808590
fuck off veddit.
>>
>>79809409
Snake didn't know he was a clone at that point though, so it could be just some part of his fake backstory.
>>
>>79809331

No, he was an otaku but he was American. Sharlto Copley (District 9) would be a good fit but you need some heavyweight actors here Bale and Daniel Day Lewis would be good with Madds Mikkleson playing one of the terrorists "freaks".

It has to the potential to be The Dark Knight good.
>>
>>79809409
I wouldn't have remembered it at all if I hadn't come up on it on the wiki a while back and noticed what a dumb fucking thing to throw in for the Japanese audience to have some connection to Snake
It literally never has any significance as far as I know and even in the background it was like she carried him and gave birth to him and immediately either died or fucked off or something, I forget
Did he know by that point you mentioned that he was even part of the Enfants Terribles?
>>
>>79809462
Nope. Like >>79809448
said, Snake didn't even know he was a clone until Liquid said so at the end.
>>
>>79809448
Big Boss is the one that's half American half Japanese

Solid Snake being a clone of him obviously is too.
>>
>>79809561
I don't remember hearing that anywhere but I wouldn't be surprised at all.
>>
>>79809575
It's in a strategy guide for MGS1
>>
>>79809331
Good job assuming I meant that, retard
>>
>>79809561
No he isnt.
>>
Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy

9/10 movie
>>
>DUDE GET THERE AND KILL BIG ROBOT
>NO SNAKE YOU ARE CLONES
This is the pinnacle of videogame storytelling
>>
>>79809331
Otakucon is American
>>
>>79808691
>you'd see it was all a commentary about the need to rid the world of nuclear bombs.
nukes are bad, yes, but the theme of the game was free will vs destiny shrouded in a surface narrative of a guy who's the clone of a war criminal being manipulated and deceived by everyone around him during his spy mission.
With some creative liberties it's a great idea for a movie. Kojima clearly wanted to be in cinema rather than video games from the start.
>>
>>79809450
Daniel day lewis as revolver ocelot!
>>
>>79810118
Louis theroux as otacon.
>>
>>79810164
Kurt russell as Big boss
>>
I've been writing script for this on/off for a year now.
Did i just get cucked by studios?
;__;
>>
>>79810199
Seth rogan as fatman
Nicolas cage as psycho mantis
>>
>>79810210
>>79810222
Emma stone as meryl
>>
>>79810118
Rather see Josh Brolin as Ocelot
>>
>>79810256
No. But i can tell you the general idea.
It begins at the end of MG1, when Solid Snake finishes his mission of killing Big Boss. This is not shown, but implied. We do see tho that he kills Frank Jaeger; who he sees as comrade and friend by the order of Campbell. He begins to hate Campbell, who double crosses him and imprisons him. Later we find out that he did it because political pressure. Its most about this relationship triangle of Snake-Meryl-Frank and Naomi somewhere between there being the mole in FOXHOUND and trying to kill Snake from the inside.
>>
Guys, big boss isn't a jap. The woman who donated the eggs for les enfants terribles was Japanese. Eva says it in mgs4
>>
>turning a Japanese soap opera with a western military paintjob into a Hollywood action film
Fucking terrible idea and fuck everyone who thinks it could be good
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.