[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the Oscars do not matter, they never have,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: gavin.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gavin.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Daily reminder that the Oscars do not matter, they never have, and they almost always get every category wrong. It's nothing more than an industry coming together to pat itself on the back.

Don't give it the satisfaction of watching it. Watch a good film instead.
>>
>>79798602
I'm proud to say that I have no idea what any of the Oscar nominees are this year, and I couldn't care less.

Now who wants to talk about Bane?
>>
>>79798602
>tfw Bruce McCulloch is the best Kid in the Hall
>>
>>79798782
Yeah you better start talking soon motherfucker
>>
Yes good point, yes good point, anon.
HOWEVER:
The oscars may not matter to you but they do for the actors, directors, and all crew involved.

Movies cost money and only what amounts to "near guranteed returns" in the opinion of the movie financiers is invested into these films.

If an actor who is considered good but not yet a box office draw despite being good at his craft sins an Oscar, that gives the actor leverage to get the parts they want, or the director to make the movies they want.

So when you watch the oscars think of individuals instead of the whole load of shit it is.
>>
>>79798602
It's an exclusive club where "academic film analysts" judge movies accordingly is what we're led to believe.

Nowadays, it's run by a puppet negress along with a bunch of so-called "critics and reviewers" who give awards to shit movies even though the entire movie industry is complete fucking shit these days and continue to perpetuate a continuous decline in Hollywood ticket sales and revenue.
>>
>>79799521
>"academic film analysts" judge movies accordingly

u wot?

It was always voted by "the Academy members," who are just actors, writers, and directors arbitrarily invited join.

There aren't any actual academics or seriously well versed people in the Academy save for a few directors and writers.
>>
>>79799521
hey birdman was funny
>>
>DURRRRRR OSCARS R BAD FUCK U IF YOU WATCH THEM ACTORS NAND MOVIES ARE SOOOOOOOOOO STUPID

You're all literally babies. Don't even bother replying to me nothing you say will mean anything and I'm leaving the thread anyway. I look forward to seeing this thread pop up in the catalog an hour later and getting to read the angry replies from losers who thought they could engage me in any form of "discussion"
>>
The judging of Best Animated Film regularly shatters any semblance of integrity the awards have. Read some of the comments, they truly don't give a shit.
>>
File: ernest-celestine-poster.jpg (92KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ernest-celestine-poster.jpg
92KB, 700x1024px
>>79799951
I truly believe that the reason Frozen won the Oscar that year is because most of the people voting hadn't seen Ernest and Celestine.
>>
>>79799999
FUCK YOU, YOU STOLE MY QUINTS IN THE POINTY MAN THREAD
>>
Those guys sure smoked
>>
>>79799370
Fuck Pedowood and fuck you.
>>
>>79800128
Thanks for the (you)
>>
>>79799951
Where can I read their comments?
>>
>>79799999
Frozen won because it was a good Disney animated film you little quint fuck. Zootopia will win this year for the same reason.
>>
>>79800773
t. someone who hasn't seen Ernest and Celestine
>>
File: 1479677350407.jpg (13KB, 480x480px)
1479677350407.jpg
13KB, 480x480px
>>79799999
THREAD'S OVER
CHECK EM
>>
>>79799370

So it's like getting an award from your co-workers at the office Christmas Party.

Just on TV, with more expensive outfits and narcissism.
>>
File: 1460416459246.jpg (10KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
1460416459246.jpg
10KB, 180x210px
>>79799999
>>
>>79799030
SAUSAGEEEESSSSS
>>
I stopped caring after 2012. Not for any particular reason: I just didn't feel like following the results and, overall, didn't feel like the film industry (or the films they choose to best represent themselves) are relevant or interesting anymore.

Screenwriting has taken a massive dive in quality over the years, and it's one of the few categories that continually pisses me off when I eventually check the results.
>>
>>79800281
>Thanks for the (you)

Is it like an upvote or something? Maybe you should lurk more.
>>
>>79799030
Didn't like him as much as a kid, but he's become my favourite now.

FUCK THE BANK
>>
>>79798602

This one time, this one time, hey, this one time, this kid, in my class, watched the Oscars!

And he diiiiiiied.
>>
>>79799999
Quints confirm this as the superior movie
>>
It's well-known that most of the voters don't watch the majority of films they vote on. The only people who care about the Oscars are women and gays who watch for celebrity bullshit.
>>
>>79798602
Agreed.

I only watch it because it gives me theater extravaganza feels.
>>
zork warrior isn't and was never a thing
>>
File: kith urine.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
kith urine.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>79802088
>Childhood is admiring Dave. Adulthood is realizing Bruce was right all along.
>>
>>79799999
The Pixar/Disney film always wins. If there are two of them up for nomination, the Pixar one will always win. See Brave vs. Wreck-It Ralph for an example.

Same reason why Coraline lost out to Up.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.