[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching this ahead of the awards tomorrow night, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Watching this ahead of the awards tomorrow night, what's your views on this? Anyone dislike/enjoy?
>>
>>79793812
Best movie of 2016 hands down, absolutely zero "I'M ACTING" in the performances, best written dialogue in years, Casey is brilliant.
Also besides the heavy drama it's one of the most genuinely funny films in recent years too, the situational humor doesn't break the tone at all.

Now don't read anything about it and don't mind my opinion at all actually, go watch the film and form your own opinion.
>>
>>79793934
Brilliant, thanks
>>
Literally just finished watching it an hour ago. It was really great. The most real film I've ever seen.
>>
>>79793812
Much better than La La Land.
>>
>>79793934
Definitely agree on the no "I'M ACTING" stuff. I was expecting oscar bait but all the performances were very reserved. I kept expecting Casey to break into some big emotional monologue but it never came and I'm glad of that.
>>
>>79793812
Very good film. Plebs hate it because they think it's "pointless" because they're underage and their poor diets have stricken them with ADD.
>>
>>79793812
Everyone who says it's brilliant is just pretentious. Casey is absolutely great, but I guess he literally plays himself. The movie itself is OK, but pretty bland and forgettable. Would not watch again.
>>
>>79793934
>absolutely zero "I'M ACTING" in the performances
well not really, Gretchen Mol does look incredibly unnatural at times.
but the rest are great, yeah.
when is Lee going to join The Autism League (alongside the Driver, the Guest, Anton and the rest)?
>>
I thought this was good.

I didn't care for the tearjerker moment when they happen to reunite on the street and the ex confesses her undying love for the murderer of her children.

That's the only beat that didn't ring true.
>>
>>79795185
>murder
I don't think people on this board know what this word means.
>>
>>79795206
unintentional manslaughter has the same result
>>
>film is about unintentional killing
>starring Mathew Broderick
>>
>>79794520
during the scene when casey is telling the kid that his dads friends were going to adopt him for a couple years I was actually taken out of the movie. The acting and the situation was so nuanced that I thought suddenly 'why am I here watching this really personal moment?' and I got pulled out of it. That has never happened to me before and at least for me it speaks to how well it was written and acted.
>>
File: 1478925117289.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478925117289.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
>>79795057
>he literally plays himself
>>
>>79794600
but what IS the point of this movie?
doesn't it just manipulate the viewer's feelings?
"oh look this guy's life sucks. it sucks sooo hard. sooooooooo hard. the end."
there's no character growth, there's no change, there's no plot really. it just shows you a miserable man for 2 hours. and if you're going to make a case that simply showing a miserable man in a movie isn't "pointless", then it sure is pointless to show it for 2 hours straight.
>>
>>79796101
Yes.
>>
>>79793812

9/10

Superb directing.
>>
>>79795237
Yeah but results aren't all that matters and there is a very distinct moral difference between intentional and unintentional homicide.
>>
>>79796101

Why it must have a point to be good? Your life is pointless, but you're not dead yet, right?
>>
>>79796101
Point of the movie is looking at the death of a family member and all that entails. It is what is known as a "drama".
>>
>>79796101
you don't watch a lot of mature films do you. It's a character study, which entails observing the human condition over time. It's not a fucking Hollywood product that shoves mindless plot down your throat.
>>
>>79795057
Pretentious films are fun to watch
>>
>>79795185
>the ex confesses her undying love for the murderer of her children
She was worried about him, you fucking faggot. It wasn't "I love you" as in "I want to fuck you all the time," but as in "people care about you and you shouldn't kill yourself"
>>
>>79796101
>"oh look this guy's life sucks. it sucks sooo hard. sooooooooo hard. the end."
It's not even worth responding. I always hate when people say shit like this, but you just wouldn't get it
>>
Watching it now. It's making me feel uncomfortable tbqh.
>>
>>79795057
My thoughts exactly. Good acting but not a very memorable film.
>>
>>79793812
>Casey Afflek

Fucking mumbling Joe is in this? No thanks.
>>
>>79795057
>>79798463
This. It was off to a good start and then it just teeters off towards the end.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.