[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> None of the side-characters fleshed out at all besides a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 3iY6xby0.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3iY6xby0.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
> None of the side-characters fleshed out at all besides a 2 minute conversation in a ditch

> Linear and completely predictable storyline

> Dialogue was nothing special

> Japanese were never given any more depth than just mindless kill-bots

> 1/3 of the movie was spent on a pointless love story
>>
Yeah, I didn't like it either.
>>
>>79790104
Yeah I finally saw this last night, bought the bluray and everything. I love history/war films. But you're right this movie sucks. It has flashes of excellence here and there, but overall it brought nothing new. it's actually laughable compared to The Pacific in terms of effects, and pretty much everything else. I couldn't help but keep thinking of Windtalkers during some of the battle scenes. That's not a good thing. Very disappointed in this movie, will not be surprised one bit if it doesn't win any Oscars.
>>
I realized just how ridiculous this movie is when they showed the ridge and the rope ladder. Then I settled back and accepted it as a ludicrous, if boring, stylized war movie complete with that fucking BAR scene and people doing judo flips through the air.

It would be a great movie if the beginning were more of a parody of war kino's basic training scenes.
>>
That's because the japs weren't the main part of the story. And you can say that about a lot of kino war movies. There was that scene with him in the tunnel and with a jap which was nice. You may be forgetting this is based on the true story which revolves mostly him overcoming discrimination.
>>
>>79791184
>And you can say that about a lot of kino war movies

Thats why they suck and are rarely made anymore
>>
>>79791108
Even though that's what actually happened. I swear you didn't actually watch the film.
>>
>>79791108
>were more of a parody of war kino's basic training scenes.

I was expecting it to be like that after they way they introduced all the soldiers in the barracks, but then it just kept taking itself super seriously.
>>
>>79791227
They don't suck. And there is a lot of war movies in the making ready to come out in the next few years
>>
>>79791263
>I was expecting it to be like that after they way they introduced all the soldiers in the barracks

1) That did probably happen and they were most likely like that

2)that's how "alpha males" are in real life. Do you not go outside much?
>>
>>79790104
aye its easily Mel's weakest to date.

Gonna be pretty difficult to top Apocolypto too.
>>
>>79791276
Name 3
>>
>>79790104
>BASED ON THE INCREDIBLE TRUE STORY
>>
>>79790104
>Japanese were never given any more depth than just mindless kill-bots

So you're just a butthurt jap/weeb, got it
>>
File: AinsleySalad.jpg (147KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
AinsleySalad.jpg
147KB, 1024x683px
>cucksaw ridge: a true american hero
>>
File: 1478271824249.png (112KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1478271824249.png
112KB, 208x206px
>>79791396
Stop being racist
>>
>>79791331
What. This reads like nonsense
>>
>>79791346
Well this is subjective but. There is apocalypse now, saving private Ryan, shindlers list, the pianist, inglorious bastards, fury.
>>
>>79791454
Why? And if it's because I've used the wrong were/where then go fuck yourself. You don't have an argument. Otherwise you would have response with one. I'm going to sleep now. If this thread is still up when I get up I'll reply to whatever you have to say
>>
>>79791502
I mean what are the ones coming out.

And imo warfilms should be about battles, shindlers list, the pianist and even inglorious bastards don't really count.
>>
>>79790104
>> Linear and completely predictable storyline
Movies arn't video games with multiple endings you dummy
>>
>>79790104
>> Japanese were never given any more depth than just mindless kill-bots

That's exactly what they were though anon
>>
>>79791502
War films and films set during a war are not the same thing
>>
>>79791551
It just makes absolutely no sense given the post you replied to you moron. Retype it in complete sentences
>>
File: Amerishoots.png (86KB, 314x715px) Image search: [Google]
Amerishoots.png
86KB, 314x715px
battle of kiska movie when
>>
>>79791684
Alaska is fucking brutal, no idea why anyone lives there.
>>
File: Lmao.webm (3MB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
Lmao.webm
3MB, 720x304px
>>79791108
You'd think it was a fucking comedy from some of these scenes
>>
>>79791567
>And imo warfilms should be about battles, shindlers list, the pianist and even inglorious bastards don't really count.

The genre is war. But the ones coming out are Dunkirk, top gun 2 (again it's classed as a war film). There was a thread about it yesterday or the day before and I can't be bothered to find them now but there was quite a few. But you won't count them as war films, probably.

>>79791669
Nah fuck off m8. You know what I put dickhead.
>>
>>79790104
>implying japs weren't just mindless killbots
Shaemfur dispray
>>
>>79790104

There wasn't enough Hugo Weaving.
>>
>>79791777
Check'm

Based Mel is back!
>>
File: 1458990386504.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1458990386504.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>79791859
>>

Found the fat weeb.
>>
>>79790104
Decent film, but nothing remarkable. It's really nice to see a clichéd genuine "honest" movie about the human spirit once in a while though.
>>
>>79790104
what do you think the average interaction with a japanese soldier was exactly? I don't think you realize just how fucked up the japanese empire was. Plus you had the moment in the tunnel so your point isn't even valid.
>>
>>79792903
Daily reminder nearly everyone who dislikes this movie are just people who watched a few webms and wrote it off.
>>
>>79792983
The first two acts were agonizing anon.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.