[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/yQVwwe8dw-M?t=547 >I'll give you an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: JamesCameronHWOFOct2012.jpg (204KB, 946x673px) Image search: [Google]
JamesCameronHWOFOct2012.jpg
204KB, 946x673px
https://youtu.be/yQVwwe8dw-M?t=547

>I'll give you an example of pixel-fucking, its more than pixel-fucking, it was scene-fucking. There is a scene in titanic where the ship is leaving harbor, and it's first setting sail on South Hampden. And umm, there are seaguls, right. and the director, who was Jim Cameron. And he says um "those seaguls dont look right" and Rob Legato the visual effects supervisor says "no no they look right". Now they're they're, you know, i dont know, tiny in the scene and Legato said, "No, we we we sized it, we actually did the math, we figured out the size of the seagul and the size of the ship and we scaled it appropriately and we..no, they are the right size"....."thats because you were looking at pacific seagulls, now your north atlantic seagull....is bigger"

What did Jim mean by this?
>>
>arguing with jim

I hope that "supervisor" was shot
>>
File: Emperor Cameron.jpg (2MB, 1424x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor Cameron.jpg
2MB, 1424x2100px
>>
File: myfuckingseagulls.jpg (12KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
myfuckingseagulls.jpg
12KB, 300x200px
>>79777888
>"thats because you were looking at pacific seagulls, now your north atlantic seagull....is bigger"

Is james cameron autistic? my fucking sides
>>
>>79778031
>being more informed than the average person is now looked down upon

This is why the current generation will fail.
>>
File: arnybaffled.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
arnybaffled.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
>>79778260
>we actually did the math, we figured out the size of the seagul and the size of the ship and we scaled it appropriately

jim was wrong, vfx was right. im probably older than you faggot
>>
>>79778361
>the wrong seagull

no wonder vfx gets chump change, they are fucking retarded
>>
>>79778408
"it is the north atlantic seagull" and i just won my argument against Cameron. Because cameron has no fucking clue what he is talking about here. The only reason no one said anything is because James holds more power in the business contract and exploited that position.
>>
>>79778361
The point was that they used the wrong seagull, not that their math was incorrect you retard.
>>
>>79778735
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_black-backed_gull

>The great black-backed gull (Larus marinus), also known as the greater black-backed gull or, informally, as the black-back, is the largest member of the gull family. It breeds on the European and North American coasts and islands of the North Atlantic

>This is the largest gull in the world, noticeably outsizing a herring gull (Larus argentatus). Only a few other gulls, including Pallas's gull (Ichthyaetus ichthyaetus) and glaucous gull (Larus hyperboreus), come close to matching this species' size.[5]
>>
File: 334463_1261554852251_500_275.jpg (14KB, 499x275px) Image search: [Google]
334463_1261554852251_500_275.jpg
14KB, 499x275px
>>79777888
British humor
>>
>>79777888
You don't argue with Jim Cameron.
>>
>arguing with Jim

Hope that guy never worked again.
>>
>>79777888
Holy shit these guys are bitter as fuck
>>
>>79777888
What a potty mouth, his mom should wash it out with soap.
>>
>>79778790
while technically correct you are talking deviations somewhere between 5mm and 6mm between seagulls. Double the work for the same price, jim was wrong.
>>
>>79778961

He has a rule that there are to be no cellphones on set, if a cellphone does go off he takes it from the person and uses a nailgun to staple it to the wall
>>
>>79777888
The way visual effects are used these days are honestly poison to the artistic process of cinema. Like that guy said, Michael Bay movies are adding nothing to the cinematic landscape. They are just dull collections of visual effects with no intrinsic value as a story told visually.

I don't think this will ever change, but I really hope for the industry that the way money distributes is more representative of the contribution to the artistic process. At the moment it's fucking terrible.
>>
>>79779124
Measure twice, cut once.

If the dumb VFX tards did it right the first time they wouldn't need to do it again.
>>
>>79779124
"Technically" is the only kind of correct.
>>
>>79778826
Yes, but your North Atlantic seagulls are non-migratory.
>>
>>79779164
i think thats sort of the point though, that there was nothing to measure in the first place. if they originally wanted an American herring gull vs. a western gull, than it should've been expressly stated before. which from the tone of the conversation seems to not be the case, otherwise cameron wouldve asked why their isnt the gull that i asked for. im willing to bet the script asked for a seagull and it was only after the fact that they wanted to change it. which is dumping that expense onto the vfx company
>>
>>79779344
Maybe if the dumbass VFX crew had even the most basic knowledge of the fucking TITANIC
>>
File: tumblr_ngi92fY4861spravko1_1280.jpg (3MB, 3832x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngi92fY4861spravko1_1280.jpg
3MB, 3832x2160px
>>79779162
Oi, fuck off. 20 in the future everybody will talk about Bayism and how he revolutionazed cinema.
>>
>>79779138
Cool guy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.