[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of having good taste if you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 0000000000000me.jpg (76KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
0000000000000me.jpg
76KB, 1252x1252px
What's the point of having good taste if you can't enjoy most things?
I'm constantly judging the cinematography and editing of what I watch, I can't let go.
Does anyone else wish they could stop being so pretentious and enjoy stupid shit?
>>
Wat
>>
>>79771125
No.

Having standards and being able to critically dissect and analyze creative mediums is what separates human beings from sheep. If anyone ever defends a movie by saying "I dunno I liked it" then they are immediately no longer a person.
>>
>>79771125
>>79771288
Euphoric posts. Simply epic.
>>
>>79771125
My philosophy is that everything has merit, regardless of how bad it is. I'm an optimist in that sense.

Any of the stupid shit I see I usually am able to balance out with something better, so I'm able to see WHY something got so popular.

It's why I've become such a lover of really cheesy trash and cult classics, I can see how much effort went into the making of it regardless of how awful it turned out.
>>
>>79771288
You've got a point.

>>79771356
I like the way you look at things.
>>
Stop pretending you or anyone else here has good taste in anything.
>>
>>79771388
this so much.

Guessing by the sheer amount of threads related to garbage like superhero movies, game of thrones, walking dead etc. "good taste" on /tv/ is a rare sighting.
>>
> start working in film and tv industry
> do some standby props stuff and later 3rd AD'ing
> suddenly can't enjoy movies anymore because I'm constantly seeing how everyone fucks up
> same extra wearing a different clothes appearing 4 times in what is supposed to be one day
> same extras crossing camera multiple times in one shot (obviously didn't have enough for proper crowds)
> tiny changes to layouts of tables and shit, like a knife changing the way the blade was facing between cuts
> anythibg with liquids in glasses or candles going up and down every cut
> shadows appearing out of nowhere
>>
>>79771451
My musician friend can't enjoy most music and my animator friends can't enjoy most cartoons.
Ignorance is truly bliss.
Glad to hear you found some solid work, though.
>>
>>79771564
> solid

Yeah, no.

I have basically a permenent casual job (35 hours a week) that keeps me alive and my boss is ok with me randomly disappearing for weeks at a time as long as the next roster isn't out yet. I'd like it to be the only thing I do, but it's not really feasible in Australia.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.