[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Moonlight NEEDS to win Best Picture. Not only because it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

File: JUST.png (171KB, 1656x487px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
171KB, 1656x487px
>Moonlight NEEDS to win Best Picture. Not only because it is a cinematic feat that is to La La Land what Frida Kahlo is to paint-by-numbers, but because it sends an urgent message. A message that we’re ready to empathise with any story, no matter whether they're black, arab, or asian, we must send a message against xenophobia in the Donald Trump era.
>>
Damn now I want la la land to win
>>
>>79767717
I really fucking hate these identity politics obsessed cranks for putting me in a position where I'm forced to root for masturbatory Hollywood self-fellation like Lalaland. Fuck it, burn it all down. The only shit they make anybody normal gives a fuck about are the superhero movies anyway.
>>
it is going to win though
/v/edditors try to play the whole hollywood loves itself card for lie lie land, but this year with the whole t***p thing and everything else happening in americlap its not
>>
I usually dont give a shit who wins awards, but if it means more crying libertards Ill jump on the La La Land bandwagon
>>
>>79767717
>we’re ready to empathise with any story, no matter whether they're black, arab, or asian
No whites though.
>>
>A message that we’re ready to empathise with any story

Wait a minute, I must be getting my shit mixed up. Hasn't the message been for years that minorities can ONLY empathize with people of their own kind and that's why we need tokens in anything and everything? If people from the beginning could already empathize with everyone, then can we finally get period pieces without out of place minorities now?
>>
>>79767717
>I'm done

good. The lest talentless mudshits in movies the better, right?
>>
>>79767717
>Tfw I loved Moonlight because it was a tender Wong Kar Wai love story set in an American ghetto that felt like it explored blackness, masculinity, and homosexuality in a way that wasn't pandering to white guilt liberals
>I want it to win
>I also think #oscarssowhite was silly bullshit and think the Academy, and Hollywood in general, are a bunch of stuck up virtue signaling millionaires just giving cunninlingus to each others egos

Feels conflicted. I don't want these people think they did something "great". But I also don't want to see a great movie lose to fucking LaLa Land or Hidden Figures.
>>
Reminder that the oscars don't matter and people need to stop taking them seriously.
>>
No one wants to watch Arabs as main characters except Arabs. Let the market decide what people want
>>
Hidden Figures is gonna fucking win it. It did well at the box office and Moonlight is too experimental and "slow" for old faggots at the Academy. Hidden Figures is the safe choice. And its coincidentally the worst movie nominated.
>>
>>79767717

Dude what. The terrorism meme has been dead in cinema for YEARS
>>
>>79767857

The correct response is not to care about the Oscars.

Seriously, no one will care soon after the winner is announced. It didn't take long for people to forget Spotlight.

And in 50 years or so almost all the nominations will be forgotten and then people will correctly praise Toni Erdmann as the best film of the year.
>>
>>79767891
>No one wants to watch Arabs as main characters except Arabs
Idk, i liked Tyrant and i'm not an arab.
>>
>>79767717
Oh wow, quitting your job! How absolutely wacky!
I'm sure there isn't literally hundreds of thousands of others in your very county that will replace
>>
>>79767935
>The terrorism meme has been dead in cinema for YEARS
Yeah, back to evil russians bullshit.
>>
>>79767958
>I'm sure there isn't literally hundreds of thousands of others in your very county that will replace
He won't quit, the same as all those celebrities that sayd they will leave US if Trump wins. None of them did.
>>
>>79767962

Rightfully so.
>>
>>79767993
Raven-Symone did. I was impressed. Only one of those people to keep her word was a young black woman. She's not very bright but I respect her integrity, which is a lot more than I can say for pigs like Chelsea Handler or Lena Dunham.
>>
>>79767717
>being such a prissy faggot you don't want to play the bad guy
>>
>>79767717
Yeah, fuck La-La-Land. I haven't watched any of Oscar movies, but this shit got ridiculous amount of nominations, and I don't think it deserved this.
>>
>>79767717
La La Land should clean up honestly.
>>
>>79767717

everyone wants to be the hero. tough shit, there's never going to be any hispanic leads and we own half the US
>>
>>79768067
Wrong you fucking leftist faggot.
>>
>>79768504
>own
>>
>La La Land will be the last white movie to win awards
>>
>>79767717
>People shilling this shitty film this hard
>>
File: 1469453227889.jpg (93KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1469453227889.jpg
93KB, 804x743px
>>79767717
>we must send a message against xenophobia in the Donald Trump era.
>>
Struggling actor gives himself an excuse to quit instead of admitting he failed.

or

Struggling actor plays racism card to get his name in the press.
>>
>>79767717
>oh no one muzzie might quit acting
literally couldn't care less,
>>
>>79767717
WTF I love la la land now!
>>
>>79767717
Moonlight was legitimately good, and better than La La Land in my opinion. I don't care if some arab wants it to win because he's butthurt over white people, it should win because it's actually a good movie.
>>
>>79767717

I don't want anyone to win

Please, please let some angry black misinformed convert, set off a bomb in the theater or start shooting up the place

Come on, how hard could it be

Do it, Do it for Hillary

Please
>>
File: 1485194361691.png (313KB, 632x479px) Image search: [Google]
1485194361691.png
313KB, 632x479px
actual self-respecting gay here

let me remove all the buzzwords from the OP quote

>Moonlight NEEDS to win Best Picture. Not only because it is a cinematic feat, but because it. we’re ready to empathise with any story, no matter whether they're , we .
>>
>>79769056

>jumbo shrimp
>liquid gas
>living dead
>selfrespecting gay
>deafening silence
>>
File: 1485826466424.jpg (43KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1485826466424.jpg
43KB, 500x432px
>>79769140
lol
>>
>>79767757
and this, ladies and gentleman, is the right answer
>>
>>79767717
>Fight racial discrimination by making sure this movie with white people doesn't win
>>
>>79767717
>>Moonlight NEEDS to win Best Picture. Not only because it is a cinematic feat that is to La La Land what Frida Kahlo is to paint-by-numbers

So... moonlight is effectively identical to la la land then?
>>
>>79767717
I havent seen La La Land cause it looked gay but I'll root for it now
>>
>>79767717
fucking hell now i have to go watch la la land instead of lego batman
>>
>>79767757
Bernie Sanders is absolutely right, the Democrats are eating themselves alive with this obsession over identity politics and alienating the common man.
>>
>>79769170
Mind if I save this Pepe?
>>
POS movie, you could have at least said Lion which put that crap to shame.
>>
>>79768530
Commie detected.
>>
>La La Land no longer playing in my area

for FUCK"S SAKE now i have to drive out
>>
>>79767778
Well no shit considering he thinks whites are privileged
>>
>>79767717
Why doesn't he tell the real truth which is jews hate arabs and cast them in said roles.
>>
>>79768530
>>79770059

>Leftists arguing with commies

What the fuck did I wake up to?
>>
File: ryan-gosling-in-drive-007.jpg (34KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-in-drive-007.jpg
34KB, 460x276px
>>79770063
Don't worry about having to drive out there.

I Drive.
>>
>>79767717

>arabs
>caring about blacks

since when
>>
>>79767717
Is it possible that the elites and the higher ups in Hollywood purposely made la la land get nominated for just about everything and will make sure they sweep to keep building tensions between the races and make minorities hate whites even more?
>>
That was Zouks right?
>>
>>79770003
Take it my friend! It's all yours.
>>
Fuck White people.
>>
>>79767717
Having watched both, Moonlight is definitely the stronger film and it deserves recognition for being so, but the Oscars have long since lost much of their credibility. La La Land was a decent musical and a pretty entertaining love story, but it wasn't anything I hadn't seen before.

Moonlight kicked my ass on pretty much every level. It was shot beautifully, I loved how it didn't smack of the usual 'gay movie' schtick that so often afflicts these kinds of films and, most importantly, I gave a shit about the story. I need to see some of these others (Lion sounds fun, if only because I like Dev Patel) but Moonlight's definitely set the bar.
>>
>>79767911

>implying the old farts ar the Academy actually watch movies, least of all movies about gay niggas
>>
>A message that we’re ready to empathise with any story, no matter whether they're black, arab, or asian,

>..but really only black
>>
>>79767717
Is Moonlight the sequel to Gayniggers from Outer Space?
>>
>>79767717
la la land is an instant classic that isn't about some hidden agendas. it's a good movie for kids, adults, etc. it will win
>>
>>79771653
Nah, it's an old detective show starring Bruce Willis.
>>
>>79767717
I am SICK of hearing his FUCKING NAME. He's a fucking Jew Bastard that gamed the system and is gonna run us into the ground.

That being said the fag who wrote this is wrong. It's the fucking Oscars, a movie should win based on how good it is. Moonlight was great, I won't lie. Manchester or Hell/High Water were better.
>>
>>79768716
Why not both?
>>
File: 1486401160097.jpg (78KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1486401160097.jpg
78KB, 433x419px
>donald trump era
Is this really what americans believe?
>>
>>79767911
>>79767877
>you are only allowed for vote for the nominated movies you have seen
>you are not obligated to go and see all of them

the Oscars is and have always been a popularity contest.
>>
la la land actually deserves to win tho, also funny how these idiots never seem to point out that most of these white people they complain about happen to be jewish
>>
>>79769966
It is getting ridiculous

>we must stop trump
>what should we do?
>let's complain about a romantic musical that he's never seen winning an oscar over another movie he's never seen
>yeah, that'll really show him

It really is pathetic, and I say this as someone that wants moonlight to win and opposes trump
>>
I'm sick of liberals politicizing everything like they did with the superbowl, and even sicker of their stranglehold on the media and racism against whites, but I liked Moonlight a lot more than La La Land. The best thing about La Land is the goose and Emma Stone. I don't want to prove their point, but I'll prove my point that merit should win.
>>
>>79767717
One less dude playing a terrorist

What a shame.
>>
>>79767717

I'm a liberal who voted for Hillary and I want La La Land to sweep because I'm a fag who loves musicals.

Also, Donald Trump won because liberal Democrats were too dumb to vote for Hillary and either didn't show up or voted third party. The time to send a message against xenophobia was on November 7th, not several months after at a movie awards ceremony.
>>
>>79767717
>wanting to be an actor and not being aware of typecasting

Uhhhhhhhhhh.....uhhhhhhh
>>
Good

La La Land is dishonest trash

white guy's jazz fetish of him saving a genre of music that black people invented and revolutionized
>>
>>79767942
Dude when I grew up The Oscars meant something. The 2010's are easily the worst for film.

I just was reminded fucking ARGO won BP in 2013. Argo. Ben Affleck wants to commit suicide in 2017 when just 4 years ago he was a BP winning director and nobody remembers it at all.

That is seriously fucked up.
>>
File: riz-ahmed.jpg (203KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
riz-ahmed.jpg
203KB, 612x380px
>>79767891
This guy's pretty good in my book.
>>
File: dishonesty land.png (230KB, 930x774px) Image search: [Google]
dishonesty land.png
230KB, 930x774px
Reminder that if la la land wins over Moonlight or hidden figures then race riots will begin
>>
>>79767717
>Drumpf wins the election, Patriots win the superbowl, beyonce gets btfo at the Grammys and cancels her Coachella set

C'mon La La Land, let's keep those wins coming.
>>
>>79772801
Didn't John Legend have a major role in the production and funding of this movie? I doubt he would be selling something that's a white mans fantasy, unless blacks can be racists towards themselves.
>>
>>79767717
Hollywood Reporter took a poll and more Trump Supporters than Hillaryshitters knew that La La Land was up for Best Picture.

Therefore, La La Land is now the New England Patriots of movies.
>>
>>79772801
Wait a minute. I know him. He's Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!
>>
>>79772841
Hacksaw Ridge and Hell or High Water is Trumpkino

La La Land is berniecuck flick
>>
>>79772857
john legend plays a mainstream hack who is trying to subvert jazz into pop crap
>>
>>79767717

To be fair hes got a point.

LaLaLand is essentially about 2 retarded "artists" living in their little bubble crying about non-problems.
>>
>>79767891
So you won't complain when the next generation of Hollywood films stars jet li
>>
>>79767891
>let the market decide what music is best
>let the market decide what food is best
>let the market decide what shows are best
Congrats, now we're all listening to drake songs while eating mcdonalds while watching glee
>>
>>79767935
>13 hours
>American sniper
>>
>>79772983
>LaLaLand is essentially about 2 retarded "artists" living in their little bubble crying about non-problems.
How is this any different than the guy getting interviewed in the article?
>>
Made me think
>>
>>79773116
Or you could just ignore that stupid Reddit shit and do as you please.
>>
>>79773200

Cmon man. We all hate incessant crying about "all white men are the problem", but dont pretend like an Arab in the USA doesnt get treated "differently".

This is why travelling can be so eye-opening and why small-minded people rarely do. If you have ever been to a country where youre the minority, youll know what being discriminated, or even ostracized feels like.
>>
>>79773276
>dont pretend like an Arab in the USA doesnt get treated "differently"
He's welcome to leave if he doesn't like how he's getting treated.
>>
>>79773290

So you agree that he gets treated differently.
>>
>>79767717
>been asked for the role of terrorist
>La La Land cleans up at the Oscars
How in hell that's related lol
>>
>>79773360
I don't know how he gets treated, but he's clearly unhappy.
>>
>>79773370

You contradict yourself alot.
>>
>>79773394
So you think I said he was happy before? I think you're just trying to find an argument for argument's sake. He doesn't like how he's being treated, so he can leave. Simple as that, nothing in my posts has changed.
>>
>>79767757
If you don't give a fuck about politics then you should easily recognise Moonlight being the far better movie.
>>
>>79767717
SOMEONE IN THE CROWD COULD BE THE ONE YOU NEED TO BOMB
>>
>>79767717
>an Arab didn't get 30 leading man roles in a white country

Why doesn't he just go to Arab Hollywood?
>>
>>79772857
John legend is the 'bad' guy in the movie though and he barely has screentime, he's in it for one random musical number to jerk himself off. it was essentially cameos.
>>
File: 1485584595663s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1485584595663s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
>>79773135

>2 movies
>supposedly *over* 30 requests for auditions

Made me think.
>>
>>79767717
This is exactly why I put 20 pounds on moonlight and will be collecting on Monday
SJW culture is great when you know how to profit from it
>>
All the polls say la la will win and the polls are always wrong, the gay nigger movie will win
>>
>>79767717
he's probably a fucking chad

where are the movies about manlets that get awards? give tom cruise an oscar
>>
>>79767891
>omar sharif, rami malek, alexander siddig, that guy from Monk
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.