[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is time spent watching film "better" than time spent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Gamermovie.jpg (24KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Gamermovie.jpg
24KB, 220x325px
Is time spent watching film "better" than time spent playing video games? Considering a switch.
>>
find movies have you appreciate time more, 2 hour movie seems long, 2 hours in repetitive action like a video game can happen very fast

after playing a game I can't fall asleep immediatly, have to let my head cool down, not as big a problem with movies

can talk to a lot more people about movies, don't have to be worried about first party stuff
>>
Imagine a world where people had different preferences!
>>
Neither one accomplishes anything. If you didn't have movies or video games to waste time on you'd just waste it any way on something equally as stupid like posting on 4chan.
>>
>>79762076

The more I've found movies I love the more pointless I find video-games. I can't escape the feeling that I'm just setting up an arbitrary challenge to be over-come so I can do it again and it feels like a cheap skinner box.

That being said I put thousands of hours into video-games over my life-time so idk. Movies and books seem to offer more for me to chew on, mentally.
>>
>>79762076
After a certain point, unless you plan on contributing to either medium personally, it's all the same shit, man. Just something to pass the hours with.
>>
>>79762950

I think that line of reasoning assumes that movies and video-games are just entertainment, when in fact they can contain ideas and perspectives that enrich your life, or change the way you view the world.

Although totally up for debate, my personal opinion is that there's more worth-while ideas and perspectives in movies and books than there are TV and video-games. That being said, I don't agree with Roger Ebert's opinion that video-games lack any artistic merit, it's just fewer and far between.
>>
>>79763033
It's all entertainment. Yes, they can give new insights and different perspectives into different lives, but most movies are just completely run of the mill. Same with video games.
>>
>>79762076

just commit suicide
>>
>>79763108

I agree, it's just a measurement of degrees. I've spent years and years playing thousands of hours of video-games and can't remember any particular revelations or epiphanies from that time, although I did enjoy it thoroughly.

Compare that to exploring movies for less than a year, and I've found at least a couple that totally shook my world view to the point where I made major changes to my life-style.

I think it depends on the person, for me personally, movies have been a much more worth-while endeavor.
>>
>>79763174
What were some of those movies?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.