[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did burgers not watch this film? Why has it been utterly overlooked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Trainspotting-2.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Trainspotting-2.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
Did burgers not watch this film? Why has it been utterly overlooked at the awards? It was more original and funnier than anything released this year. Moonlight probably deserves it but this film must be a close second.
>>
Isn't it just more bitching about Tatcher, neoliberalism, praising the working class and victim mentality?
>>
>>79761454
You're not thinking of I Daniel Blake? I thought the film blew away the victimhood most people feel in our consumerist society.
>>
>>79761408
It relied too much on the first movie. Even the poster and promo art for the movie is the same thing as the first Trainspotting but with older guys who aren't actually convincing as junkies.
>>
The average Amerifat hasn't even seen or heard of the original
>>
>>79761563
No, I'm thinking of Trainspotting and how the first one portrayed a generation that thought it was Tatcher and her neoliberal policies that made their lives hopeless so they turned to drugs.
>>
It felt a bit all over the place, I enjoyed it for the most part but the entire second half makes zero sense and becomes too serious

>>79761454

Yeah I didn't like that Spud got a happy ending, he was relentless junkie and deserved a Requim-esque ending
>>
>>79761408
Hasn't been released in the US and didn't come out last year so it's not going to be nominated amongst 2016 awards you fucking idiot
>>
>>79761590
They're not junkies in the second film aside from Spud who is convincing. Did you really watch it? They had to market the film to justify the budget, Boyle didn't originally want to call it trainspotting but compromised on the name T2.

I think its much more powerful than the first film and to ape what other people have said, it deals with time and masculinity.
>>79761628
This is the second film set in cosmopolitan Edinburgh. The point about Thatcher is correct for the first film of course.
>>
>>79761672
Yeah I should have remembered the bullshit of American Cinema in releasing films before awards.
>>
>>79761651
I think that's what I enjoyed most about the film in being so unconventional. Being all over the place makes a lot of his films work when the screenplay is solid.
>>
Wasn't made available where I live.

I'm also wary of minor classics being given sequels years down the road. It's such a product of its time it just feels wrong to ever think you could complement it with something that will be different in many unavoidable ways. Reminds me of Wall Street.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.