[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best comedy on TV? (talking about the first 3 seasons)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Arrested_Development.svg.png (125KB, 2000x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Arrested_Development.svg.png
125KB, 2000x1011px
Is this the best comedy on TV? (talking about the first 3 seasons)

Also, is the 4th season any good?
>>
It's no Rick & Morty, but it's pretty epic.
>>
>>79754949

No, but it's up there.

It's not as good as the original run, but people shit on it unfairly imo.
>>
people love to shit on the new season but love to use the "hello darkness my old friend" meme on shit
>>
>>79754949
4th season doesnt have as much funny per episode due to the fornat, but I love it.
>>
1-3 is about as funny as TV comedy has ever been. Whether it can be considered as the best comedy ever on TV depends on what your criteria are. To me, it didn't last long enough to really gain consideration.
>>
>>79756471
What else would you consider as the best comedy?
>>
I was grossed out so often during S4

- this hobo and her boyfriend
- Portia looks super weird
- George Michael also creeps me out now that he's older
>>
I remember watching it years ago and thinking it was just about the best thing ever. I recommended it to all my friends.

But I just rewatched it and it doesn't really do anything for me now. I don't know what's happened to me.
>>
Season 4 is fine. Not nearly as good as the original run but still fuckloads better than most TV comedies. The worst part about it is that all the characters are off doing their own thing most of the time because they couldn't work everyone's scheduling out, so there aren't as many big group moments. Hope they figure that shit out for next season
>>
>>79754949
The first season was great, the second season was good, and the third season was total dogshit.
>>
>>79757045
>and the third season was total dogshit.
nah

MR F
>>
>>79757045
Season 3 seems like trash the first go around. Once you rewatch it and know what's happening, seeing Michael blindly fall in love with a literal retard is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>79757073
>MR F
You just reminded me that I also hated season 3
>>
>>79757112
first half of season 3 is probably the peak upon reviewing i agree

several laugh out loud moments per episode
>>
>>79757112
Yeah I agree. I thought that storyline was trash until I rewatched it.
>>
>>79754949
great show that got axed because of poor ratings. shame
>>
Season 4 gets a lot better when you go through it a second time. The first time through the time line really threw me off.
>>
>>79757319
kinda of true of all of arrested development

it's easy to get bogged down by the plot upon first viewing
>>
>>79757319
There's a "Arrested Development Season 4 - Chronological Edit" torrent on TPB. Do you think it would be good for a first watch?
>>
>>79754949
first 3 seasons are fucking gold

season 4 was underwhelming
>>
>>79757423
That kills lots of jokes. Part of the fun is seeing half the stuff develop retroactively. When first watching, the first two or three episodes suffer from that, but they get all the better on a rewatch. It also makes your first rewatch pretty much a part of the whole experience, rather than simple repetition, since you'll get some jokes only the second time around.

A chronological edit pretty much defeats the purpose of his the season is constructed (even though it was a workarounds, because they couldn't get everyone to film together).
>>
Have there been any developments on that movie that has naked maebe in it?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.