[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tv/, I'm not a regular here, but I'd like some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: stranger things.jpg (15KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stranger things.jpg
15KB, 640x360px
Hey /tv/, I'm not a regular here, but I'd like some recommendations.

I just watched Stranger Things, and even though I acknowledged it was corny as fuck, I still enjoyed it. It was the same feeling I had while watching Lost.

I really enjoyed episodes 1 and 2, where I really didn't know what was happening, but it started to be kinda obvious when the Beth thing happened. But I still enjoyed the rest.

So, what shows/movies would you recommend me that are similar to this? I liked the mystery, the 80s style, and the government conspiracy. I don't think I've seen many things from this "genre", whatever it is.

Thanks!
>>
John Carpenter
>>
File: eleven.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
eleven.gif
2MB, 500x250px
i fell in love with eleven when I watched first series. is it pedo?
>>
>>79753584
>>79754131
What he said. Also The Guest, Super 8 (which is more 70s nostalgia but has a similar tone), and ET.
>>
Already talking about pedo shit
Goddammit
>>
>>79755094
thats pretty common
>>
I'm most curious about what happened with Will and where Eleven actually went. The Monster very clearly got ripped apart, but Eleven disappeared intact.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>79753584
Let the right one in, Where the wild things are, Moonrise Kingdom, Terminator1/2

Anyway I really enjoy the performance by Finn Wolfhard, plus he's cute.
>>
>>79755192
I think Eleven will return at the end of season two. Can't wait.
>>
>>79755215

Just hope the success of the show doesn't go to his head. Child actors already go through a lot.
>>
>>79755094
Not really since she looks like a 40 year old lesbian
>>
Anyone thinks it's overrated? It's pretty good, but it's not "OMG AMAZING" how are people portraying it.
>>
>>79755215
Loved the atmosphere of Terminator 2. Nothing ever got close to it for me.
>>
File: converse.jpg (889KB, 3531x2362px) Image search: [Google]
converse.jpg
889KB, 3531x2362px
>>79755094
No
>>
>>79755298

It broke no new ground. Had an interesting spin on a lot of old ideas, which appeals to people's nostalgia. That's not to say its popularity is undeserved.
>>
>>79755398
don't like her with longer hair, shit
>>
>>79755265
He still does twitch stream and play video games all the time, so I think he's just as normal as any kid.
>>
OP here, thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out.

What genre Stranger Things actually is? Does it count as Scifi? Fantasy?
>>
File: Z.jpg (133KB, 867x650px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
133KB, 867x650px
>>79755464
It's sci-fi plus some horror
>>
Wonder why they had only one subject in their experiment at Hawkins Lab. And whether Eleven's powers are inheritable.
>>
>>79755518
Also, what does Hopper has to do with the agents? Is he a spy? Or why did they let him out of the lab the first time? They thought he will take them to eleven?
>>
I actually though it was a mini-series, so I was pretty pissed when they announced season two. It would be perfect as miniseries, now it's just gonna be another money cow.
>>
>>79756060

As popular as it is, you really thought they wouldn't keep going? Not to mention all the obvious sequel hooks in the last episode.
>>
>>79755238
I don't understand what the focus of the bulk of the second season will be without eleven. I really think it should have just been a one-season miniseries

>>79755283
kek

>>79753584
it's a meme but honestly it reminded me of freaks and geeks in tone/style despite being of completely different genre
>>
>>79756096
I don't know, I thought it was gonna end with Eleven killing (?) that thing, and that's the end. Don't know why, but the whole thing had a really mini-series-esque feel. And Netflix are the ones to pull it off. It's a shame.
>>
>>79756145

Is it confirmed Eleven won't be in Season 2? I was thinking they'd have her reappear at the end of the first episode of S2.
>>
Anyone has tips for shows with heavy conspiracy + mystery theme?
>>
>>79756194
She literally appears alive and well in the season 2 teaser
>>
>>79753584
You're a normie. You'll enjoy Marvel movies and Game of thrones. now fuck off.
>>
File: Turbokidposter.jpg (107KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
Turbokidposter.jpg
107KB, 800x459px
Turbo Kid
If you haven't watched that yet it is great. Made in 2015 but it is made to look and feel like something from the mid 80s and it pulls it off extremely well. Lots of early Peter Jackson over the top PRACTICAL gore. Takes a while to get to it but it is great. It is kind of a Mad Max post apocalyptic movie on BMX bikes.
>>
>>79757090
also on netflix btw
>>
The show turns to shit almost instantly after episode 3 or whatever was the "reveal" episode.
>>
File: 1486140952027.jpg (39KB, 452x659px) Image search: [Google]
1486140952027.jpg
39KB, 452x659px
>>79757090
Seconding.
>>
>>79753584
Stranger Things
>horribly written
>shit acting for the most part
>dimensionless characters
>cliched and unoriginal in every regard
>dude muh 80s

Lost
>unique concept
>acting is pretty good overall
>great characters
>explores a vast number of different subject matters: secret societies, time travel, god-like entities, paranormal phenomena, etc
>though the writers went nuts and didn't really know where they were going, they did a good job of tying it all together, and it is still very interesting to watch
>>
>>79756251
Utopia, Millennium, Mr. Robot, the X-Files.
>>
>>79755298
It's basically hipster normies who overrated the shit out of this. Whenever something like this comes out the ""nerds"" and ""geeks"" come out saying how it's the best f*cking thing ever, because they're almost expected to do so, they want to fit in with what is hip and trending. If they go against the herd and say it's just arlight, or god forbid, bad, then they pretty much lose their hipster cred.
>>
>>79757624
Stranger Things
>refreshing snack-sized entertainment for few evenings

Lost
>boring shitshow pretending to be deep-n-adult spanning over multiple seasons that doesn't see an end
>>
>>79757723
do people think x-files are actually good?
>>
>>79757817
I do.

It was the only TV show I actually managed to go through the first season.
>>
>>79755422
Stranger Things added nothing of value to the genre; every idea it had was stale and unoriginal. Regardless if you think its popularity is deserved or not, a show like this should not be celebrated. It's almost sickening how dishonest and derivative it is, and the fact that so many people applaud it as one of the best shows ever made is a little scary for the state of television. Why create something original and truly new when you can just rehash old ideas and pander, and be incredibly successful at it too? It's uninspired, cheaply made entertainment masquerading as nostalgia bait of the worst kind.
>>
>>79757781
>hipster
>normie
theres no overlap between these 2 words. if you dont like something because other people like it, just say so, no need to throw around memewords.
>>
>>79758135
>because other people like it

you just can't accept your pleb show is shit can you
>>
File: IMG_2875.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2875.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
>>79757624
>adding a bunch of "themes" and references means good
>>
Well this show certainly seems to infuriate pseuds.
>>
>>79755238
>I think Eleven will return at the end of season two. Can't wait
her father asked 10x moneys and they decided to drop her completely
>>
>>79758437
I can't wait to see her career crash and burn, I hate that kid's overaged pretentious face
>>
>>79758437
He actually asked for a billion times more money not ten you fucking retard get your made up facts straight
>>
>>79757624
This.

Just compare the first season of ST and LOST. The difference in quality is like night and day.

And this is coming from someone that didn't really like LOST (Seasons 1-3 were great, though it all went down hill from there).
>>
>>79755518
>why they had only one subject in their experiment
>Eleven
Nigga you are a retard.
>>
>>79759173
Technically he is sorta right.

They had one subject, which was the eleventh version of that subject.
>>
>>79759173

Only one at the time of the show. What happened to the other ten?
>>
File: elevens_feet.webm (551KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
elevens_feet.webm
551KB, 1920x960px
What is the meaning of this?
>>
>>79759934

That the telekinetic government experiment is barefoot and bored.
>>
I feel like Stranger things was a wasted opportunity.
It should have been Goonies the tv show. That way they could easily have a new adventure each season. Instead it was period suspense.
Does anyone really give a fuck about getting more of the same non story?
>>
>>79760090

I enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing more, personally.
>>
>>79760108
Is your life so empty that some thing like Stranger Things actually excites you?
>>
File: turbo kid.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
turbo kid.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>79757090
https://youtu.be/jUlTo1i6XdQ
10/10 soundtrack too
>>
>>79760163

Yes.
>>
>>79760191
;_;
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.