[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did The Expanse jump the shark at this exact moment ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 47

File: miller.jpg (71KB, 953x478px) Image search: [Google]
miller.jpg
71KB, 953x478px
Did The Expanse jump the shark at this exact moment ?
>>
>>79752565
No.

I don't think it jumped the shark.

It's pretty well paced. Although entire Eros chase sequence in books lasts for few weeks
>>
did you not bother to use the catalog because you knew you'd get your asshole torn apart in an active thread?
>>
>>79752626
>waah waah every show should only have one thread like muh reddit

you can go back retard
>>
>>79752565

doesn't even apply

the protomolecule was always in there it's a big part of the story from day 1
>>
enjoy page 10, you don't even know what jumping the shark means
>>
>>79752565
Quite the opposite.

It verified itself as one of the greatest love stories in television righ at that moment
>>
>>79752565
I was actually surprised how much this scene was like i'd imagined it from the books. Very nice work.

The whole bit with julie at the end comes off as a little weird though, Miller is basically a creepy stalker. Whatever
>>
>>79754676
IDK why but I always though the protomolecule would look a little bit more fungal or decomposing, like an actual parasite / disease or something. Not this shiny blue avatar Yahweh shit
>>
>>79752565

'Guys, I think this protomolecule is actually ma dead girlfriend, Im going to try and talk to her now, bye'

Yeah that was totally weird. He couldn't have known shit.
>>
File: 1407706491320.jpg (63KB, 604x579px) Image search: [Google]
1407706491320.jpg
63KB, 604x579px
>>79752565
>jump the shark
nigga if anything it skyrocketed into sci-fi hall of fame
>>
>>79752565
Fuck no. The last episode was the best so far.

The sudden Alcubierre drive was the bee's knees.
>>
>>79752565
End of Evangelion-tier
>>
>>79756318
He could literally hear her talking and see that the heat signature was leading him back to where they found her, yea really was a massive leap in logic
>>
>>79756267
This is a fair point. The book did describe it all as being kinda gruesome. Miller even sees rib cages moving around and shit.

The show made it all "pretty".

That said it was still a great scene and gave me a terminal case of feels.

>ywn die in the arms of your space waifu turned half alien bio computer thing
>>
>>79754393
If what is essentially a drunk, down & out guy with suicidal tendencies obsessing over a dead woman he's never met was -ever- going to get called one of the greatest love stories, it had to be in this place. Never change, faggots.

Passengers would probably be the runner up if it wasn't promoted as a chick flick.
>>
>>79756972
It was more a leap on Holden's part. Everything that was happening could have been equally explained by the proto-molecule wanting to assimilate all life on Earth and simply initiating its plan when humans started attacking it. Even if he trusted Miller, all of Miller's evidence amounts to at least fragments of some of the people surviving within the proto-molecule colony, but that doesn't mean she still exists as a willful individual or can control it.

Holden basically flipped a coin to determine whether 30 billions humans die or not.
>>
>>79757126
Based Holden
Virgin Waifu lover Miller
>>
File: 1486243618260.png (222KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1486243618260.png
222KB, 512x411px
>>79757081
>a drunk, down & out guy with suicidal tendencies obsessing over a dead woman he's never met
Literally me
>>
>>
>>79757192
gimme that thicc martian, Nygaard and the Fredfu pls
>>
>>79752565
no, you're just dumb, but I'm sure you only posted this for the (You) because that's what /tv/ has become.

I thought the first season was pretty bland and it didn't really grab me but still alright, but something has clicked into place now with season 2 and it's the best sci-fi in years by miles.
>>
>>79757126
There was no guarantee any of there weapons could stop it though, they'd already seen it react in multiple ways to defend itself from threats. Trying to nuke it may have just made it angry for all they knew and I that is what convinced Holden. That and not wanting to die in pursuit of it.

It was a gamble but so was trying to nuke it, and remember Miller was inside it with a nuke already so he could detonate that.

Also she's not entirely in control of it, she's not even mostly in control of it. It has a job to do.
>>
Fuck Mars

Earthers for life
>>
>>79757259
no love anymore for lanky belter whore?
>>
>>79757370
>got his wife MARSED
>>
>>79757284
The nukes had a better chance than the absurd shit Miller was raving about. The only reasoning that I can imagine that could have tipped the scales against nuking Eros was Holden simply wanting to live. He had no good reason to trust Miller's conclusion but he did anyway because even if it meant the deaths of 30 billion humans and perhaps ultimately the extinction of humanity, he would live.
>>
>>79757453
was never into lanklets in the first place

also Muss looks like a screamer so might take her instead of the thicc bitch
>>
File: 798full-dominique-tipper.jpg (144KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
798full-dominique-tipper.jpg
144KB, 798x1200px
>>79757192
I don't find black women attractive, but holy fuck I'd betray Earth for her.
>>
G-guys I don't want to live without Miller

I miss him already
>>
>>79757491
God she is hot. And for some reason sideshaves just scream "want me to deepthroat you?" to me for some reason.
>>
>>79757370

Kaka felota

Beltalowda!
>>
>>79757493
same

hope we see Dawes soon, he was a top tier villain. Everyone is good except Holden the whiny bitch and maybe the martian edge squad
>>
>>79757474
Maybe. Makes Holden more relatable desu, better than being space Jesus
>>
>>79757589
You'd die more if humanity was doomed than you would when your heart stopped. Humanity is your afterlife. They contain all your genes and memes. Dying for humanity is logical.
>>
>>79757553
Bookfag here. Dawes will return but not for a long time sadly.
>>
>>79757493
why didn't they just STOP the asteroide with Julie's will?

also protomolecule didn't save them? .. though, yes, a nuke was next to them, and around them, and they crashed to the planet... but the molecule couldn't just swallow the explosions' energy?
couldn't it even swallow the Sun, if it was thrown into it?
>>
>>79757474

I don't think so, he was prepared to go all the way.

millar's idea was the best chance in the moment

who knows how the molecule would react to threat of missiles
>>
>>79757693
>Miller's plan was the best plan
No it wasn't. Everything that Eros did could be explained by the proto-molecule wanting to infect Earth.
>>
File: 1487976011601.jpg (58KB, 798x362px) Image search: [Google]
1487976011601.jpg
58KB, 798x362px
>>79757491
>DomiDICK TIPS

literally a bbc
>>
>>79757627
The book made the situation more logical, and had a better explanation of what was going on.

Rather than have the Roci follow & paint Eros, burning at 15Gs or more, endangering the crew, they use the transponders of the Belter ships left on the surface (IIRC they rigged their reactors into fusion bombs) to guide the missiles in.

Then they decide to give Miller some time, since the missiles were probably not going to work anyway (and scatter the protomolecule across the system). In the books Eros was still weeks from hitting Earth.
>>
>>79757673
the protomolecule isn't invincible, enough heat and it'll be fubar.
>>
>>79757849

that's their initial assumption, yes...
>>
>>79757913
That's cool.

Was there also a better rationale behind killing the med crew who were going to leak the info about Eros in the books? Holden's logic was pretty iffy there too.
>>
>>79757993
And when the fate of the species is on the line it's best to keep the nuclear option on the table.

But as >>79757913 said, their actions made more sense in the book. They just cut out the parts that made Holden's decision rational in order to squeeze out more drama, by implying they didn't have time for anything and were gambling everything on Miller.
>>
>>79757464
>assmad his brittleboned dustbunny had her pelvis broken by a squat making tender love to her
>probably the dicking of a lifetime for her
topbelta, you silly domehome dustsucker
>>
>>79758017
That scene wasn't in the books, the show is just advancing Holden's character more since, well, you know, he's kinda shit.
He's like that for four fucking books before he becomes tolerable.

Luckily the producers of the show realized that with Miller gone [/spoiler] for now [/spoiler] Holden would have to start carrying more weight for the show.
So they're advancing his character a lot quicker than the books.
>>
>>79758134
Thanks. But I just wished they would come up with better rationales for Holden's actions. So far two big decisions he's made don't make a whole lot of sense and I doubt they are going to acknowledge that fact.
>>
>>79758081
>And when the fate of the species is on the line it's best to keep the nuclear option on the table.

except there wasn't an option to choose both, Millar presented them with another option, Holden trusted him in that moment and it paid off

Logically speaking since eros is acting under a weird protomolecule that defys known physics and dodged the first projectile , it was worth taking a punt on millars' idea
>>
>>79757673
>>79757987
00:38:18,884 --> 00:38:22,119
>I can't make it stop. It won't stop.
Okay, Julie. But you gotta try.
>We can't stop the work.
All right. We won't stop the work. But we don't have to go to Earth, right?
>>
>>79758278
Holden's basically the moralfag in your RPG group that ends up ruining everything because he can never compromise or see shades of grey.
>>
File: 161215050415127330.gif (4MB, 336x238px) Image search: [Google]
161215050415127330.gif
4MB, 336x238px
>>79758134
>Miller gone [/spoiler] for now [/spoiler]
>>
>>79758346
Just wait until the finale.....or halfway through Season 3.
>>
>>79757544
must be christy mack's influence
>>
>>79758334
at first

did you miss the episode where he blew up the medic ship , or sent that spy to certain death

he's jack bauer of space, he's got to start off as a good guy so he can have that character arc
>>
>>79758378
That's when people will learn how to properly spoiler things?
>>
>>79757192
literally only 1 attractive one
bottom left. everyone else is too diverse.
>>
>>79758412
Yeah, which is why I said they're trying to improve him early on rather than have him be an intolerable cunt for four seasons.
>>
Would anyone be interested in a quick rundown of everything that's happened in the books?
>>
>tfw really liked the first half of season 1 with all of the politics, intrigue, and interesting picture of human society after colonizing space
>was hoping the focus would stay on that and not introduce aliums or any incomprehensible future tech at least for a few seasons
>as soon as they reach Eros it becomes Protomolecule: The Show

It's not even that I dislike the protomolecule plot, I just want one show that does comfy realistic sci fi without feeling the need to make it all about the fate of all humanity as soon as it gets going
>>
>>79758334
I don't see it that way. Holden is compromising TOO much. He is killing people for very little reason and risking billions just so his crew can stay alive. It makes more sense in the books but in the TV series they are cutting and adding stuff that just don't make sense given who Holden is supposed to be. As a moralfag he should have let that med team live and should have given up his life to nuke Eros.
>>
>>79758480
Pls
>>
>>79758399
You're probably right.
>>
>>79758520
The authors follow the GoT model of starting very grounded and slowly introducing more fantastical things.

The plot drifts for a while but eventually comes back to focusing on human politics even with all the alien shit, basically alien shit just gives us a bigger arena to be dicks in ultimately.
>>
>>79758529
You sure senpai? Like everything where the show is now (end of book 1) up to where the books are now (end of book 6) or you just want part of that?
>>
>>79758527
medics consistently lied to him, refused to negotiate in good faith, and he didn't have time to waste. man did what he could but when someone's going full-retard with "the masses must know" when they have no idea what's actually going on, you don't really have much choice
>>
>>79758645
Spoiler tag it

My anus is ready
>>
>>79758527

no way he could have let them live, it made total sense. They were infected. He's a moralfag but he's also realising that sometimes you got to do hard things being a captain isn't easy

he was totally prepared to go all the way with eros until it turned out that by chasing the thing they were only making to more angry and making it speed up
>>
>>79758682
shit... I gotta go but I will do it later. Sorry senpai.
>>
>>79758654
The lies built up to the conclusion that the med team were moralfags like Holden trying to expose mass murder. You're argument would only hold water if the conclusion being drawn by the show itself was that the med team was actually one of the bad guys taking samples, but that idea was never even suggested.

Not wanting what happened on Eros exposed didn't make sense. Sure, it made sense to hide it until they could be sure it was destroyed, but the plan wasn't contingent on it and thus it doesn't make a good situation to break down the morals of a diehard moralfag.
>>
>>79758690
>They were infected.
They were a med team full of moralfags. They were no more exposed than Holden and his crew were when they left Eros. Letting themselves leave Eros but not allowing the doctors who were more qualified to determine whether or not they were infected was hypocritical.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-16h21m45s379.png (500KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-16h21m45s379.png
500KB, 720x418px
>>79752565
No. This was the climax. But the series could have ended here.

Every good SciFi story needs a moment of alien or technological transcendence. Even if the Macguffin has to be blown up in the end. It's like Chekov's gun: the weirdness has to play out. Otherwise what's the point of it being SciFi?

You want to see the ultimate idea expressed.

>>79754393
>It verified itself as one of the greatest love stories in television righ at that moment
Made me fucking weep, m8.
>>
>>79758788

you missed like... the whole point of the interaction
>>
>>79754393
>>79758912
>it was a love story
I reject that interpretation.
>>
>>79758964
Nu-uh.

The show's final conclusion that the ship was full of doctors who wanted to expose the evil Martian science experiment to the system.
>>
>>79758788

its not about them being bad guys taking samples ,no one suggested that

the whole thing is they were good people but holden had to make the call because at the end of the day there was too much at stake
>>
Why did he let the energy absorbing protomolecule touch the bomb's interface?
>>
>>79759023

yeah, thats the point though. if they were bad people then it wouldn't have been a hard decision for holden to shoot them down

it was explained in the show, they could have made things much worse by making a broadcast and they could have been carrying stuff out with them
>>
>>79759052
>there was too much at stake
That's the problem though, the point of adding that scene was to force Holden to kill good people for the sake of a the plan, to make him reconsider his hollier than thou attitude, but it was too contrived. The plan was not contingent on secrecy. The only think it proved was that Holden wasn't that much of a moralfag to begin with.

If the scene were better thought out then they would have come up with a situation where the plan WAS contingent on secrecy, that way no matter how much of a moralfag Holden was he would still have to kill them.
>>
>>79759140
It was a poorly tacked on scene. The went to all the trouble to explain how the generation ship would propel Eros into the Sun and the nukes would glass the surface so the bad guys who started the whole thing couldn't get back in before Eros is atomized. But then suddenly we are supposed to care that it is kept secret from the bad guys? The bad guys who already knew about Eros? Or keep it secret from the rest of the system who would have agreed that Eros should be atomized?

So yeah, it was a contrived scene tacked on to progress Holden as a character.
>>
File: uRvCI0R.jpg (116KB, 540x753px) Image search: [Google]
uRvCI0R.jpg
116KB, 540x753px
>>79758989
You are always free to draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>79757474
>The only reasoning that I can imagine that could have tipped the scales against nuking Eros was Holden simply wanting to live.
In the books, it's this. The whole time there's an Earther military ship keeping pace with them, which also pulls off when Eros has them pushing 20gs. The Roci could go fast enough to kill them.
>>
>>79759436
Apparently in the books Miller didn't kiss her. The TV show tried forcing their relationship into a romance, which it wasn't really supposed to be given their circumstances. The problem is compounded by 4chan's waifu culture projecting their psychological problems onto Miller.

That's my two cents.
>>
>>79757474
>implying Holden wouldn't willingly sudoku for 5 people, much less 30 billion
>>
File: protomolecule.jpg (170KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
protomolecule.jpg
170KB, 500x369px
I've just realized this is exactly the same story as Watchmen:

>Cold war / Earth vs. Mars
>Alien entity intervenes
>Humanity unites in peace to deal with that
>>
>>79759574
Another anon said they only pulled off in the book because they had an alternate means of targeting, a belter ship transponder still on Eros.
>>
>>79759631
That's why I have a problem with certain events in the TV show. They are contrary to who they keep telling us Holden is.
>>
>>79759639
Guess who is Rorschach, wanting to kill people for justice's sake regardless of consequences and dying in the end.
>>
>>79759694
Yeah but that's after Holden decides he doesn't want to kill himself and his crew to save Earth.
>>
>>79759597
When he kissed her I was like "why the fuck is she ok with this guy she's never seen kissing her?"

And I'm a hopeless 4chan virgin

Felt kinda shoehorned in
>>
>>79759797
My thought exactly. The meme that every good ending needs a kiss is a strong one.

Honestly Miller's relationship with her seems more paternal than anything else, though not even that is right.
>>
>>79752565
That's not what that saying means.
>>
>>79759639
Humanity doesn't unite in the expanse.
>>
>>79759945
You're a Mary Sue.
>>
>>79759773

Oh my god you're right! That's so blatant! Let's digest deeper. Is Chrisjen Ozzymandias? Is Protogen Dr. Manhatten?
>>
>>79757081
gb2plebbit, normie
>>
File: Firefall.jpg (66KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
Firefall.jpg
66KB, 450x337px
>>79759114
He truly believed in her, and cared too much to hurt her.

Also, the protomolecule could have assimilated him with an appendage at any time as he moved through the ship, and also turned off the bomb. It was intelligent enough to cloak itself and recognize missle threats at great distances. Miller realized it didn't directly attack him because it/Julie recognized him or his intentions.

>>79759597
Accepted, but books and TV are different media, and different things work in them. SciFi readers don't want love stories as much. Tender scenes don't play out as well in print either. I've made peace with screen adaptations being different, and more emotionally driven. Come to like it in fact.

If you want to read a pair of incredible books that The Expanse ripped its ideas from, pick up the "Firefall" series from Peter Watts. You will not be sorry.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-17h13m48s705.png (372KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-17h13m48s705.png
372KB, 720x418px
>>79759597
>>79759797
She realized Miller was sacrificing himself just so she wouldn't have to die alone, and decided she loved him for it.
>>
>>79760174

Honestly this whole scene was beautiful
>>
>>79760210
Visually, yes, but that doesn't mean I'm not still salty about them forcing everything into a romance like they always do. I loved Miller's relationship with her before they ruined it.
>>
>>79760332
>>79760174

I didn't mean visually, but yeah, visually too.

I didn't felt forced for me. Just two people embracing their last moments.
>>
The kissing would have been weird if she had tentacles coming out of her cunt like in the books.
>>
>>79760001

Oh you have already seen the whole series? I thought only season 1 and 5 episodes of 2nd were out.
>>
>>79760027
>Miller realized it didn't directly attack him because it/Julie recognized him or his intentions.

his intention was to blow it up so that doesn't really make sense, he didn't know julie was controlling eros when he went into the place
>>
>>79760372
It was forced in that Miller wasn't romantically in love with her. Forcing it into a romance ruined the complexity of how he saw Julie and how she reflected onto him.
>>
>>79760418
you are talking to a bookfag
>>
>>79760418
>Hasn't read the books.
>Doesn't even know the books exist.
>>
>it's okay to land on venus becase not muh earth

FUCK EARTH

HAIL ZEON
>>
>>79758334
Confirmed for not having read the books.
>>
>>79760433

The protomolecule basically turned in to the only thing he loved and had reason to live for so he wouldn't blow her up.
>>
>>79760461
Eat my waifu's tentacle, Char.
>>
>>79760502
but they did blow up when it crashed into venus
>>
>>79760418
>>79760441

Oh you morons. Before Eros changing its trajectory, Earth and Mars were on a brink of war. They have to somewhat reunite to deal with this thing, but it doesnt mean, they need to love each other.
>>
>>79760502
So did Miller influence the protomolecule or was it the otherway around?

I mean, they did crash into venus after all.
>>
>>79760536

yeah but the protomolecule obviously lives on
if blew up in the cosmos, it wouldnt survive, but on venus it has plenty of material to continue building
>>
>>79760625
then why didn't it just crash into earth anyway if that's the case
>>
>>79757077

This the books talks of hands attached to rub cages that scurry around, the black/blue mass of decomposed/reused bodies to cover the walls. Like it wants to paint the picture that the molecule is reusing bodies in a horrific way. Instead we get blue and some cables.
>>
someone explain to me why they were having problems with g forces when they were just matching eros's speed, it should only have been a problem while accelerating if I remember my physics right
>>
>>79760440

You know kisses don't have to be romantic, right? It can just be a profound expression of regard and compassion. He wasn't tongue-blasting her baloney hole, they kissed for a bit and then he put his head on her chest.
>>
>>79760433
>>79760502
Yeah, he was there because he loved Julie, and she was the emotional consciousness of the protomolecule network. It didn't recognize threats or friends. She did. It's deliberately ambiguous how much telepathy is going on, but it's heavily implied there's some level of it.

>>79760569
>>79760645
Miller gave Juilie the emotional strength she needed to focus herself and change course.

>>79760696
Eros was also accelerating, and it had the ability to nullify g forces.
>>
>>79760645
Because the Julie program was in control of it's flight, and Miller convinced her to change course.
>>79760696
Eros was constantly speeding up during the chase, so they had to preform a continuous burn.
>>
>>79760715
You don't kiss on the mouth someone you simply respect and want to protect. The show tried turning it into a romance because that's what movies and films always do. They try to reduce everything down to romance.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-16h44m12s209.png (323KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-16h44m12s209.png
323KB, 720x418px
>>79760804
I thought it was well done and didn't mind it all. Nothing seemed "reduced" to me. The episode had a lot of depth.
>>
>>79760902
If anything the relationship was paternal. But again, they are a boy and a girl, and he likes her, and this is moves/TV, so it HAS to be romantic.

It's a shitty meme done by shitty writers who dumb relationships down to the simplest expression so mouth breathers can understand it.
>>
>>79757126

The TV series kind left out the fact it took him a few days to find that room. And that he'd been listening to the audio for some weeks. He puts 'DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME', constant murmur of her voice and 'razorback' together much faster. The whole 'alien accidentally lets some of the human host bleed through' comes off better. It's a cliche for a reason.
>>
Wait a minute, if she had control over the station why not put it in orbit around the sun instead of crashing it ?
>>
>>79761024

you didn't kiss your parents on the mouth when you were little?
>>
>>79759797

the protomolecule is weird.

why he took in her spores it ripples through time, that's why she sees him as she is dying and he keeps seeing her though out the series
>>
>>79761184

It needs to grow. Presumably it can find what it needs on Venus.
>>
>>79761274

when he*
>>
>>79752565
The pacing was better in the books, but even the show version wasn't too bad. The TV show is forced to butcher the pacing in general, since normies can't process weeks' or months' worth of travel distances.
>>
File: 1458408334643.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458408334643.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>79761260
stop this lewd talk
>>
>>79759729
Which ones anon?
>>
>>79757191
actually incorrect, he got to meet his woman, you will never do that. Ever.
>>
>>79761260

when i broke my arms i did
>>
>>79761024
Maybe in the books. But in the series it's very straightforward from the beginning. Miller is a cynical, lonely cop who falls for her beauty and idealism as he investigates her disappearance. They make very clear he's in love with her, he knows its ridiculous, but his expectations are too low to care. He finally feels something good. He's willing to give up the little he has for it.

To her he's a masculine, reassuring presence in her hour of terror. Young women are often attracted to mature men who make them feel safe.

On an emotional and narrative level it makes good sense.

>>79761274
That explains a lot.
>>
>>79761355
>>>/reddit/
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
File: 57009176_p0.png (3MB, 1200x1694px) Image search: [Google]
57009176_p0.png
3MB, 1200x1694px
>>79761342
I visited her grave atleast, so I got as close as I can without going the illegal road.
>>
>>79761024
It wasn't a paternal relationship. The girl was his waifu. I don't expect an autist like you to understand.
>>
>>79761342
give it a rest... oh wait it is already resting.
>>
>>79757673
>couldn't it even swallow the Sun, if it was thrown into it?
No, nothing could.
>>
>>79761378

it's in the newest Churn podcast with one of the writers

at one point he says to naomi that he wakes up and and hears her say 'you belong with me'

which of course is what she says to him when he meets her but he hears an echo of it in the past
>>
File: expanse chee.png (1011KB, 733x947px) Image search: [Google]
expanse chee.png
1011KB, 733x947px
>the production quality of this show is amazi-

ctrl c
ctrl v
>>
>>79761428
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>79752565
It was pretty nice.
Alien-like Xeno is cool but this one is a nice change.
>>
>>79761333
Killing the doctors escaping Eros and deciding not to nuke Eros. Mostly the first.
>>
>>79761723
Yes, and?
>>
File: timf[1].jpg (24KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
timf[1].jpg
24KB, 600x638px
>>79760406
>>
>>79761274
Isn't that a paradox? Miller is obsessed with her, leading to him being there at the end, causing the hallucinations and his obsession.
>>
>>79758682
Ok here goes

Massive spoilers

The protomolecule takes hold on Venus and starts doing weird shit. Mao had other experiments that get loose on ganymede, protomolecule monsters! (this is not at all what the aliens made it for but some his researchers figured out of how to control it's growth to a limited but good enough degree to make some things). Eventually all this shit gets sorted out, Mao and Errinwright are exposed and and jailed, the MILF lady gets promoted to Errinwright's job, and all samples of the protomolecule are destroyed accept for Holden's secret stash which he turns over to Fred Johnson and the big stuff on Venus.

Just as everything seems to be returning to normal a huge mass leaves Venus and flies out into an orbit past Saturn, it's a big fucking ring shaped thing.

People study the ring for a while, it doesn't seem to do anything, then one day some crazy belter passes through it at high speed and to the shock of the whole system does not come out the other side. It's a mother fucking portal.

cont
>>
>>79759597

You're wrong. It was built with romance in mind from beginning in the books.
>>
>>79761740
This. It's about time the humanoid aliens meme ends.
>>
the show is just okay
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-18h13m33s083.png (818KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-18h13m33s083.png
818KB, 1280x738px
>>79761599
Oh yeah I remember that scene now.
>>
>>79760406
Tht's technically futa, right?
>>
>>79761828
>It's a mother fucking portal.
We stargate?
>>
>>79761812
Mine's "Hand Expression" vids on youtube.
>>
File: rain.jpg (23KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
rain.jpg
23KB, 308x302px
>hey, kid
>>
>>79761654
The dress is a different colour.
>>
File: crazy eyed lefty.jpg (7KB, 116x191px)
crazy eyed lefty.jpg
7KB, 116x191px
>>79757192
>if everyone can't be beautiful then everybody has to be ugly
how progressive
>>
>>79761828
Earth, Mars, and the Belt all start sending their scientists and military out to the ring they all want to investigate where the portal goes and be the one's to control whatever's on the other side. Holden and crew end up involved.

On the other side are thousands of other rings spread out in a strange black starless sky, in the center lies a white sphere. An alien space station.

Juile had a sister who is now hellbent on bringing down Holden for disgracing her family and putting her dad in prison, she infiltrates the fleet of earth ships heading for the ring all cause she knows Holden will be out there and wants to kill him.

Shortly after the ring activates Holden starts seeing and speaking to Miller, he appears and disappears in a flash of blue fireflies only when Holden is alone so he kinda worries he's going insane but ultimately learns it's the protomolecule using Miller to communicate with him. Miller tells Holden he needs to go to the alien station, there's something there he needs to access.

cont
>>
>>79760696
The show did a poor job of explaining this (all the velocity readouts sucked, didn't correspond to the action on screen). Eros wasn't just moving fast, it was changing it's velocity fast, accelerating at speeds just under what the Roci was theoretically capable of. Theoretical, because burning at that speed would kill any crew. Usually the Roci and most ships putter along at 1/3rd to 1g, depending on how fast it wants to get somewhere. 1/3rd is comfiest for Belters. The Roci could probably push 25g, though no one would fly it at that speed for obvious reasons.
>>
>>79758415
t. belter scum
>>
>>79762148
>Space truckers, soldiers, politicians, illegitimate governments, ultrapoor miners, crazy scientists, and cops with shitty jobs all have to be attractive professional models.
How retarded.
>>
>>79758415

>so diverse

well it's the future :^)
>>
>>79761819

>>79761819

maybe , to us, because we're travelling though time in a linear fashion and how we understand it

but if an element of the molecule is somehow operating from a higher dimension like some kind of lovecraftian type thing its like, its not that one thing precedes the other but that it all happened at the same time from that point of view

nah desu I don't know lol

maybe he would have found her either way since he was tasked on the job either way
>>
>>79762148
I like how they're mostly average with no obvious model bait besides Holden and Naomi.
>>
>>79758296

>aim to venus
>doesn't qualify as breaking the mission objective (go to this system and build a gate)

So after Miller gets the redirection confirmation, nuke self. Proto doesn't have the time to grow itself a new pilot and Earth fleet can throw the nukes at one side of the asteroid. This will push the roid off course, since it's got like 2 weeks travel from current location to venus just a little nudge will make it fly the way fuck off.

But this has the side effect of removing the entire story and such nitpicks can be had of any story.
>>
File: Charles-Stross-Accelerando.jpg (2MB, 1671x2544px) Image search: [Google]
Charles-Stross-Accelerando.jpg
2MB, 1671x2544px
>>79761927
That idea is stolen from Acellerando by Charles Stross
I'm seeing that The Expanse is "borrowing" ideas from a lot of better books. No problem for a TV show, but bothersome when it comes to print.
>>
>>79762332
There's nothing original in art anymore. The Expanse is space opera with an emphasis on scientific accuracy, except when it comes to ayy lmaos.
>>
>>79762424

>expecting aliens to conform to what we know about science and the universe so far

LOL
>>
File: 1367475378081.jpg (52KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1367475378081.jpg
52KB, 500x369px
>>79762066
>we can go anywhere else in the Universe. But we can't go home, honey.
>>
Will the protomolecule survive? Will they be rebuilt by it?
>>
>>79759324

It was simply a 'they might be hiding an infected aboard'. You know at least one of them is since they died at the air lock. The secrecy thing is pointless, it's going to be public in a few days anyway and Eros was meant to take weeks to hit Earth/Venus (dunno what the timeframe for the show is) (where was that Earth ship that was meant to be watching anyway, they are simply not there), so the whole thing is a character moment where he has to kill based on a 'what if someone is infected on that ship and they get away'. It makes sense this would be decent character moment for him at this point.

The real problem is the accelerated timelines in TV, so much of this shit takes WEEKS, not the few hours the show makes it out to be (same can be said for GoT, sure characters are no teleporting but most chapters deal with time spans of days or weeks, and the reader is told how long).
>>
>>79762205
On the other side of portal humans predictably start trying to blow each other up, conflict laregly flares up due to the actions of Juiles sister basically stirring shit up in her efforts to reach Holden and kill him the human violence triggers the alien station's defense systems, suddenly as if caught in an invisible net the station slows everybody the fuck down and starts pulling them in towards it. All efforts to change speed or course are futile.

Ultimately the Juile's sister shit gets sorted out when she trys to bust into Holden's ship and they capture her. Holden touches down on the station and proto ghost Miller helps him inside and guides him through it. He needs Holden to access something the protomolecule can't on it's own, a sort of historical archive. The protomolecule is a tool made by the aliens to hijack biological replicators, living stuff, and re program it to build ring gates for the aliens or really whatever they want but basically it can't "shut down" until it gets a certain signal from it's masters and well it hasn't gotten it. The protomolecule is using Miller to investigate why and Miller is using Holden to find out "why haven't the aliens sent the "job's done" signal? Archive reveals it's because they're all dead.

Miller shuts down the station so it's defenses will let go of the humans ships and he opens all the other gates. Humans now have 1,000's of other systems to explore.

cont
>>
>>79762332
>implying Stross didn't rip it off previous works

Fuck off, shill, Accelerando wasn't even published until 2005.
>>
File: convergent-evolution.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
convergent-evolution.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>79762488
They almost certainly will.
>>
>>79762488
Reality is objective son. We have a reasonable idea about the universe and what is possible for carbon-based life. If aliens are made of the same shit as us, they would obey the same rules as us. Speculating on super-advanced technology is about as useful as speculating on capeshit.

The protomolecule goes way beyond that, it's essentially self-learning software that can hijack living things and feeds off radiation, with a prime directive to build giant ring stations embedded in it. It's just beyond the scope of what might be possible from an engineering perspective, as far as projected technology allows. But it makes for a compelling story. The least interesting thing about The Expanse aliens is not their hyper-advanced nature at all. It's where they went, and what made them go.
>>
>>79762618
What did he rip off?
>>
>>79758912

SciFi just has to have some 'what if' tech component. It doesn't need aliens. Just be glad humans don't get a hold of some 'I win' tech and go completely rampant with the scale like some other puppy SciFi series. Helps it's only 200 years or so ahead and not thousands. For all the praise of 'hard sci-fi' it simply isn't, the G juice and engine are still magical 'what ifs'. FTLless and CQC type space combat is fun as fuck though.

Roci looks like a thrasher/saber from eve, so it gets my boner going.
>>
File: 2f7[1].jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7[1].jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>79762503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPA8M7kZc2g
>>
>>79762615
>It was simply a 'they might be hiding an infected aboard'.
Bullshit. If the med team had to die then Holden's crew had to die because they were ven more exposed to the molecule. Looking at it that way just makes Holden a hypocrite. Even more so since the other ship was full of well intentioned doctors who would have been even more able to recognize infection than the crew of the Roci, to say nothing of the fact that Holden still has a sample of the proto-molecule around.
>>
>>79762647

Why do you think that?

the animals all in your chart at some point share a common ancestor in the form an a single celled organism.

on another planet the starting cell would be different. Likely there would be convergently evolved species, but they would not the same as our ones

the only way I'd expect life on another plant to be the same is if earth's early biological single celled orgasims was extra terrestrial in origin and also reached other planets as well as ours
>>
>>79762332
>borrowing ideas

You literally can not have any story that does not already have a shit load of prior versions. There hasn't been anything new since the Greeks were a thing. Everything just has a different wrapper at best.
>>
>>79762617
People start rushing out for the gate worlds everybody wanting to settle down on one and proclaim it their own personal planet.

Fred Johnson has set up The Behemoth (the Navuuo converted into a battleship, they get it back but he never returns it to the mormons) inside the "slow zone" (the nickname for the space with the alien station between the gates) as a human space station and changes it's name again to "Medina Station". From there Fred's OPA distributes needed supplies and such to would be colonists and helps them ship materials off the foreign worlds back to the Sol system as well. Kinda gives Fred a position of power but really it's all pretty unregulated people are just rushing out like mad to claim a planet

Holden ends up sent by the UN going to one of these worlds where tensions have flared up between a little colony of belter squatters who basically rushed out on their own and claimed the planet as theirs and an Earth based corporation who has a UN charter saying the planet is theirs.

Holden is nervous about going to the alien planet since Miller has started appearing to him again telling him he needs him to go out there and help him investigate something.
>>
>>79762488
That's exactly what science allows us to do.
>>
>>79762683
where did they go and what made them?
>>
>>79762683

lets be real here, we have theories about the universe but there's so much unexplained stuff and guesswork involved. We've made models and rules that seem to best fit our understanding and tests so far, but at any moment something could be discovered that blows our understanding of the universe wide open
>>
>>79763042

that's actually exactly what it doesn't do
>>
>>79762904

You know pretty quickly when someone gets infected, it's been WEEKS since Roci crew has been near it or the sample (which winds up in Fred's hands). Sure hypocritical from that view point, MC type privileges. One has direct experience with it, has the guns and knows full well no one on-board of their ship is currently infected.

Doesn't chance that the 'med ship' was being coy, lied etc. They clearly should have shot first if they wanted to get away and expose what's happening.
>>
>>79763105
If you don't know anything about the subject, don't post, please.
>>
>>79762904

uhh, what? Holden knows for a fact none of the people on the Roci were infected, they were super vigilant and decontaminated themselves and so on.

Does Holden know that same about the med crew? no. All we know is they went into Eros, then they lied about it , they broke the drone and they were were acting super cagey and also not complying to any requests.
>>
>>79763141

Exactly. You should feel free to stop posting then.
>>
>>79756388
this
>>
>>79763112
And the med ship was weeks away from any human population center. That ship was more trained to handle untreatable and mortal shipborn illnesses than the Roci, but Holden had to murder them anyway because the writers figured he was too bland and had to force this contrived moral dilemma onto him.

They should have written in a situation where it made actual objective sense to kill them, like make them a news crew or something instead of doctors and make it very clear to Holden that one of them had been exposed and was infected. Then everything would be fine.
>>
>>79763242
It was a fucking med ship full of people trained to decontaminate when dealing with an infected space station. Holden was being hypocritical. Furthermore they were less exposed to the proto-molecule than Holden himself was.
>>
File: shockheader.jpg (90KB, 600x284px) Image search: [Google]
shockheader.jpg
90KB, 600x284px
All these alien infections spreading across remote space installations and assimilating all in their path has given me a hankering. I'm going to reinstall and replay System Shock 2, roleplaying as a member of the Expanse cast, using a dice roller to pick who. Wish me luck.
>>
>>79762424

> The Expanse is space opera with an emphasis on scientific accuracy,

Wut.

>magical engine
>juice to survive a few G
>how does the terraforming work
>what about those mech suits that shrug off large caliber guns and missiles
>how is everyone surviving the radiation of space?
>what's that anti-radiation medication even made of

It's just humanity before the huge tech leaps of more common Sci-Fi, but it's still filled with crap to get a story going in a off Earth setting.
>>
The sadness never ends.
>>
File: Untitled.png (334KB, 843x659px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
334KB, 843x659px
>you will never be as alpha or intimidating as Amos

fuuuuck
>>
>>79763320

if they made it super abundantly clear that someone onboard was infected it would have taken away from the moral dilemma

The thing that made the choice hard was the fact that he only had the suspicion or possibility that someone may be infected, but no concrete evidence.
>>
>>79763369

One guy had the gun. Simple as that.
Comply mate or get blown the fuck up. It works to show they don't want this shit spreading under any circumstance outside their perspective, MC/protag teams are frequently hpyocritical. Yes the TV show needed to show more about the med ship, but they fed you enough clues that Holden couldn't take their word for no infected. We know Roci isn't infected, Holden knows it as well. Had the medical ship just sat by and done as told, Holden wouldn't have blown them up.
>>
>>79763369

he wasn't being hypocritical.. he knows the situation of his crew for a fact, whereas he only has the medics word to go by as to the med crew

trying to make out they must be so much more clever because they are medics yet one of their guys is dead in the airlock lol
>>
>>79763426
>if they made it super abundantly clear that someone onboard was infected it would have taken away from the moral dilemma
No it wouldn't have. The point of the whole situation was to put blood on the moralfag's hands so he would have some baggage to contrast his typical holier than thou attitude. Instead they made him a hypocritical jerk who wasn't such a moralfag afterall.

Seriously, if a crew of not even well intentioned cargo haulers could make sure they weren't infected then there is no reason to kill a team trained to deal with such situations, a team proven to go above and beyond the call of duty to do what is right. If I had a choice of destroying the med ship when it was leaving Eros or the Roci when it first left Eros, I'd destroy the Roci. The crew of the Roci weren't trained, several of them don't give a shit about most others, and they had more exposure to the proto-molecule.
>>
>>79763404
wow, an autistic meat head who never got over growing up as a fucboi in a belter brothel manages to kick the ass of a has-been old detective who just walked out of chemo treatment.
So alpha, so intimidating.
>>
>>79763023
In what feels very much like a wild west frontier town drama Holden clashes with the corporate security guy as Holden tries to make peace between the corporate researchers and the belter squatters who want to mine and sell the planets ridiculous Lithium deposits and the corporate guy basically just wants to kill all the squatters.

The planet is super weird in that it has only 1 large continent and is otherwise covered in water, there are lifeforms but nothing with human like intelligence though upon further investigation the biologists find some of the "lifeforms" are actually synthetic engineered devices. Similarly one of the geologists sent to study the planet comments that there is nothing there for him to study, the planet's geology he insists is not the work of natural processes but rather it has been engineered to be the way it is.

A parasitic infection breaksout that makes people go blind and shit hits the fan and the whole planet seems to be falling apart. Miller get's Holden to take a trip down into the planet to investigate some of the internal systems and reveals to Holden that the aliens engineered the whole planet to be a Lithium refueling station for their ships, they turned a whole fucking planet into a big ass gas station. It further impresses on Holden how god like these beings were and scares him to think what could have wiped them out.

Holden and Miller eventually come to a place where there's some weird shit that Miller can't see but Holden can. Miller is sure this thing has something to do with whatever killed the aliens. Holden has to pass through the freaky space tear thing to do some stuff and stop the environmental collapse of the planet.

During all this, jackass security guy follows Holden and during one confrontation Amos gets shot, being a total badass he survives though and later kills the guy, or maybe Holden does
>>
>>79763506
The Roci was in exactly the same situation as the med ship but Holden decided to destroy the med ship but didn't self destruct his own ship because of the possibility of contamination. See >>79763586. It was totally hypocritical. He saw a ship full of moralfags like himself who would probably choose death over infecting more people but he chose to kill them anyway. It was a poor edit to add to the original story. It could have been done better.
>>
File: 7016340_f248.jpg (18KB, 248x166px) Image search: [Google]
7016340_f248.jpg
18KB, 248x166px
>>79762986
Cells form out of organic molecules abundant in the universe, created by incredibly common abiotic forces. Earth has a couple statistical outlier conditions going for it, but once you have a good planet in a sweet spot around a stable star, and a couple big gas giants to clear out debris, the processes play themselves out. Given those conditions and enough time, cellular life is inevitable. Chances are overwhelming any other life in the universe will be made of cells, use DNA (or something similar), and sapient life will look much like us.
>>
>>79763633

You're an idiot.

>OMG everytime someone shoots anyone in a movie they are a hypcrit because they didn't also shoot themself
>>
>>79762488
That's the thing about scientific principles, they are largely universal.
>>
>>79763678
Dude, fuck off. It was hypocritical and you know it. If you had the choice you would destroy the Roci before the med ship. The situation was poorly thought out. They wanted Holden to have blood on his hands and they could have done it better.

>oh no, they are going to tell people despite us not actually caring if they tell people, destroy them!
>oh no, they might be infected despite us having no evidence that they are infected and they are trained to deal with infections and we were more exposed than they were and we were fine, destroy them!
>>
>>79763586

I don't think you are appreciating the nuance of the situation. If someone was infected it would have been a no-brainer. Here he had to make an actual judgement call whether to let them go and risk repercussions or shoot them down and nullify the risk at the cost of their lives
>>
Man, Kenzo has the worst luck.
>>
>people really saying holden was in the wrong for blowing up that ship

wut
>>
>>79761428

Spaceship girl waifu, no less. Miller... just damn, son. Well played sir. Well played.
>>
>>79763605
i meant in general, but amos handled the situation with miller correctly.
>>
File: 1398255307966.jpg (204KB, 1260x840px) Image search: [Google]
1398255307966.jpg
204KB, 1260x840px
>>79763839
lest we forget
>>
>>79763762
The Roci crew was more exposed to the proto-molecule, had fewer moralfags willing to off themselves before infecting others, and were less trained to deal with such infections and the Roci was fine.

And it being a no-brainer would have been perfect. It would put blood on Holden's hands. That's all the situation needed, an excuse for Holden to kill good people who were trying to do the right thing.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-19h28m46s563.png (345KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-19h28m46s563.png
345KB, 720x418px
>>79763762
Also it wasn't just whether they were infected, it's that they intended to tell the rest of the system there was a powerful bioweapon on an unguarded asteroid. They didn't want every warship in the system stupidly trying to grab a peice of protomolecule.

They had to act fast, and didn't have the opportunity to chase them. Killing them was the only option left.
>>
>>79763745

They were enforcing a quarantine and a blackout, to an ultimately lethal degree, for appropriate reasons. There was a clear path to survival offered- the med ship forced the issue.

It was the only way it was going to go, with what the Roci crew knew. The people with free choice there was the doctors, and they crapped it- what they didn't know killed them, because they didn't believe there was something they didn't know.
>>
>>79763822
Pretty sure it's just me saying it, though maybe others have argued it elsewhere.

Point is, the whole situation did less to give Holden shit to feel bad about and more to prove that Holden wasn't a moralfag, which he should be.

The writers just threw reasons to blow up the ship at the audience in hopes something would stick but none of them were objectively good reasons to destroy the ship for a moralfag.

They tried telling us that it would be bad if they told everyone about Eros despite that not really being true. They told us that they might be infected and thus needed to be destroyed despite the crew of the Roci being more exposed, less trained to deal with infection, and less willing to off themselves should they be infected and the crew of the Roci were fine.
>>
>>79764028
Just think about it for a minute. What would happen if Holden let the med ship get away?... Nothing. The crew are doctors. They wouldn't infect anyone else if they found out they were infected. The information about the proto-molecule wouldn't have changed anything either.

Yeah, I get it, a non-moralfag would have destroyed them just to clean up loose ends and not take the chance, but Holden is a moralfag. The whole situation ended up less giving a moralfag emotional baggage then it did simply proving that Holden wasn't a moralfag to begin with.
>>
>>79763619

Naw anon, the security guy survives, and they bring him back to earth (well, luna) for trial. I was actually rooting for him for half the book, but then he ran out of enemies worse than him (having killed all the die-hard belter terrorists halfway through the book)
>>
>>79763619
After all that's done the corporate Earth people and the beltter squatters learn to get along and Holden and crew leave. Holden learns from Miller that he's able to manifest the way he does because of a small piece of protomolecule attached to his ship, not wanting to be sent protomolecule errands anymore Holden finds it and destroys it, Miller dies effectively a second time :(

Back Sol everything seems fine and dandy but then a martian shipyard gets raided, lots of radar eating paint stolen.

The attack was carried out by a radical belter group run by Naomi's ex. Her son led the raid. Naomi left them all behind long ago because the dude is straight up insane and she couldn't handle the things he wanted her to do but now they're coming back into her life and about to fuck up the whole system.

They use the radar blocking paint to paint asteroids and they drop em on Earth, the absolute madmen! Using ships they bought from traitorous maritans they declare themselves the free navy and assert that they are the new authority in the system.

They start stopping colony ships heading for the gates and hijacking their supplies to give to the belt, the massive numbers of people heading for alien worlds has really hurt the belt. More resources and money are going out there than into the belt and any belter with strong enough bones is trying to move to an alien planet as well the ones left behind fear for their future and it's this fear that the free navy preys on. They say they will stop the colony migration and basically force people to stay and support the belt and it's people. Martians are worried about the colony migration as well since it's taking resources away from their terraforming project and many of their own people would rather leave for a new already-has-an-atmosphere world than stay and live the terraforming dream.
>>
Random question, have any of you read Spin?
>>
>>79764021

But Earth was well aware of what's going on. Something fucking alien just happened with tech they've never seen before and I assume things will escalate next episode with UN and Protogen guy getting killed. What does telling anyone do? Earth just launched 150+ nukes at the fucking rock. How is ANYONE going to land on that fucker? There's going to be a huge gaggle of ships chilling out near venus either way. That ship was blown up only because they lied about having been inside and did not surrender after being caught lying. They had to know they were out gunned. All this shit is going to come to light very quickly, Venus, Protogen being exposed, the next batch of experiments, the ring etc. Given what Eros starts doing, telling people ain't going to do shit.

Even more so in the books there's a UN ship chasing Eros right next to Roci.
>>
>>79764159

Those first few sentences there are junk data, anon. You might as well say "What would happen if Holden let the med ship get away?... Nothing. All you need is love."

It's nothing to hang a decision on.
>>
>>79764200
Oh shit you're right, foggy memory sorry.
>>
>>79764159

>They wouldn't infect anyone else if they found out they were infected

Why were they not immediately on the horn to tell the UN that Eros is utterly fucked up? Why did they stay radio silent? They call Roci a Mars ship, so why not be upfront with the medical emergency of 'the station is a fucking hell hole, don't go in, here's our information, one of our guys got infected and died'.

You don't come across an outbreak of this magnitude, then play coy if you're a so-called medical professional and there to help. This is something you escalate the fuck out of to everyone you come in contact with. But no they'll play the 'no one at home' game.
>>
Why did everyone recommend this series to me with promises of hard sci-fi and originality and ayy lmaos.

There's very little original about the Expanse and it isn't hard sci-fi. It's excellent, but the way people sell it to me is like describing Game of Thrones as high fantasy dragons and magic in every episode. It's somewhat accurate but not the best way to describe it.
>>
>>79762148
>Girls have realistic looks but are still solid qts
>this faggot loves cock so much he feels like has to go around and call them ugly because they aren't boy-like models with no figure
>>
>>79764525
Meant to say I was promised no ayy lmaos even though there kind of are ayy lmao elements.
>>
>>79764231
Book 5 and 6 focus on Holden and crew fighting the free navy and it's good Dawes returns and has a very emotional story where he betrays Fred for the free navy then realizes what horrible mistake he's made, Naomi trys to save her son, and Fred Johnson tragically dies during high G combat from a stroke

In the end Holden and crew take advantage of an odd behavior observed in the gates to destroy the free navy fleet. During times high traffic, once a certain threshold is crossed the gates just fucking destroy whatever comes through. Like it just vanishes. They exploit this to kill the free navy ships as they pass through the ring gate heading for Medina station to kill Holden and crew, their ships are disintegrated as they pass through unlike anything humans have ever seen before. In the words of Amos "huh that's really fucking creepy." Kind of anti climactic in the book imo but I think it could be cool in the show.

At the end Holden proposes that belters be reorganized into a massive space shipping union since traffic through the gates needs to be more regulated anyways and belters need some kind of niche or they are just going to fade away in the new colony planet age.

Left unresolved are the traitorous maritians settled on a planet beyond one of the gates known to be intensely researching alien technology and ruins, probably book 7 bad guys right there...

that's pretty much it until the next book comes out
>>
>>79764379
>Why were they not immediately on the horn to tell the UN that Eros is utterly fucked up? Why did they stay radio silent? They call Roci a Mars ship, so why not be upfront with the medical emergency of 'the station is a fucking hell hole, don't go in, here's our information, one of our guys got infected and died'.
Because they had plenty of time to come to figure out what was going on and give a full report. There were no others ships for millions of- oh shit a the stealth ship Rocinante just showed up.

They weren't upfront because they knew either Mars or Earth was the one who murdered all those people. This was explicitly stated.

I'd be completely agreeing with you if the show suggested they were doing nefarious shit, but it didn't. Believe me, I was looking. My mind was racing about how they were the bad guys trying to sneak in to take samples and start this all over again but that's not what the show concluded. They just hammered home they were merely doctors trying to do the right thing.
>>
>>79764028
>because they didn't believe there was something they didn't know.
That's the crux of it.

>>79764379
I was always of the opinion the med ship was really a special OPs team pretending to be a med team. They were there for a sample, and were in a rush to transmit intel.

>responds to drone with precise, measured violence
>immediately hails with calm demeanor
>"oh I was just panicked. sorry."
>>
>>79758682

>>79761828
>>79762205
>>79762617
>>79763023
>>79763619
>>79764231
>>79764574

There you go anon.
>>
>>79752565
It gets weirder.
>>79757077
I agree, though I didn't initially expect them to display all the gore talked about in the books. I was surprised when they showed Julie for the first time. It was gory, though still not as bad as I imagined from the books. This manifestation of Julie is a remnant of consciousness, not an actual person. I think it would have represented the book better to show Miller being overtaken by the proto-molecule interspersed with how he was perceiving it - the manifestation of Julie. I would have to reread the book to confirm that there wasn't a physical manifestation of her there, just that he saw her, but that's how I remember it. I assumed it messed with their consciousness the same way it did with Miller before (him seeing Julie randomly) and Holden's manifestation of Miller.
>>
>>79752565
Yeah, a weak episode
The way miller gambled so much and told them to stop the nukes didnt make much sense

And the way the asteroid got so close to earth so fast also didnt make sense

The kiss was weird, would have worked much better with an embrace

Also now that Millers dead i just cant see Holden carrying the show, the casting could have been much better

Dont know how the rest of the season will handle itself.
>>
>>79764582

>hey we have this information we need/want to send off
>oh fuck there's a Mars ship here
>we think they're in on it so we won't talk/deal with them in a reasonable manner to alleviate suspicions
>oh fuck it, we'll fail to comply with the ship we know out guns/mans us in a futile effort to tell people

Had they complied and worked with the Roci, they'd have lived and been able to go about giving their discovery to who ever. Like what the fuck was the plan? You're going to get away from a combat ship?

These 'doctors' are retards. Offer up some credentials the Mars ship can send of to verify. We know they can communicate from Eros to Earth (or relay at tyco), the Doc's should have broadcast to everyone and everything spamming, toss out a becon?
>>
I wish Miller didn't kiss her. Only bad part.
>>
>>79764888
Once the Martian showed up they freaked out and just played along. When things escalated they gunned it to the opposite side of Eros to at very least get a transmission out before the evil Martians killed them all. They came to help but when they saw what happened they just wanted justice.
>>
>>79765119
You meme, the proto read his mind otherwise it would've attacked him in the airlock like the doctors. It knew his love for Julie.
>>
>>79763839

>be burnt out corrupt cop, expected first-against-the-wall-when-the-revolution-finally-comes countermeasure: have eaten own gun first
>have fedora
>get rotten case from boss that hates you, missing person
>suddenly
>missing person's apartment has a shower of infinite hot water
>read her emails, discover she is your waifu
>rotten case is actually spy thriller, and you crack it
>tell the Revolution to go fuck itself to its face and survive
>fired by boss that hates you for being too competent
>follow waifu trail/dreams
>get in gunfight with secret agents, win
>find waifus body, impress strangers to no end with manly display of subdued grief
>get in gunfight with zombie apoclypse, win
>Lead (admittedly amateur) assault team against The Conspiracy, Fed Ex delivery
>shoot evil scientist who killed your waifu in the head
>Lead effort to crash Zombie Apocalypse into The Sun
>Manfully stay behind, impress hero-worshiping kid sidekick to no end (actually still have deathwish, but no need to spoil the scene)
>plan doesn't work, have to walk nuke in, all of mankind as a bystanding audience
>find waifu
>is alive and spaceship girl
>kiss waifu
>crash into venus

As midlife crises go, that's a good one.
>half expected there to be a scene at the end with miller waking up in a Total Recall chair
>>
>>79764871
I don't think Miller really gambled anything. He's right that Eros would've just dodged again or done something and the Roci crew would die for nothing.

Of course, when it's 20 billion people on the line, yeah the Roci crew should go for it no matter what, but realistically their contribution was unlikely to matter. The maneuvers of Eros were also interfering with his mission on the ship but this was conveyed rather weakly I think, only through him being able to get the nuke out of the chasm.
>>
>>79762821
God damn it got me a second time!

If this doesn't make you cry you belong on reddit.
>>
File: 213214.png (543KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
213214.png
543KB, 600x591px
>>79762039
>"Hand Expression" vids on youtube.
>>
>>79764235
I have. Not the sequels.
Why?
>>
so in the books the chase after eros lasted weeks? were they going full throttle the whole time or did it gradually get faster and faster?
>>
>>79765628
How is hentai worse than most of the "weird" list? It depends on the type of hentai, just as "porn" can be anything, but pretty much every middle schooler and high school boy looked at hentai. I don't know about college because thankfully people stopped talking about their taste in porn by then.
>>
>>79765659
IDK, I know there are some science fiction novel readers here and Spin is a science fiction novel I like.
>>
>>79752565
Honestly no, it jumped the shark when everyone on the Rocinante (Sp?) decided to just fucking go with it.
>>
>>79765736
What's Spin about?
>>
>>79765696
They weren't chasing it full force the whole time it kept getting faster and faster but there were still ships attached to it and they turned on their transponders that's how they were guiding the missiles.

Idk if it was weeks but it was certainly days. Miller was in there a good while and became heavily disoriented and confused. Had all sorts of like hallucinations and he talked to them, they helped him figure out where to go.

They didn't nuke it I believe just because they didn't want to blow up Miller, they were trying to give him every chance they could though he was going so fast getting him off the asteroid would have been impossible anyways. I think they just didn't want to be the ones to kill him like if he detonated his nuke that's one thing, if they nuke him it's like the murdered him.
>>
>>79765706
spotted the creep
>>
>>79765864
there is literally nothing wrong with fapping to futanari
>>
>>79765864
Who /ascended/ here?

not really idk even know what half that shit is, mexican sugar dancing has to be made up right?... right?
>>
>>79765864

Drawn porn of lesbians seems far more tame than scat or any of the other shit listed from lv3 on. Like what the fuck is unbirthing and mexican sugar dancing, the rest of that tier seem to be jokes of some sort.
>>
>>79765884
futa is on the next tier down
>>
>>79765905
Do "Brazilian Sugaring" vids on youtube count?
>>
>>79765785
>night stars all disappear
>send up probe
>falls to the ground instantaneously on the other side of the planet
>send up man
>comes back instantaneously with a beard saying he spent days up there and saw no Earth, just stars
>turns out there are devices at hovering in space above the poles and a giant pitch black sheet covering the planet, merely simulating sunlight but no stars
>sheet is slowing time down for Earth, 1 year on Earth means many millions of years for the rest of the universe
>story is about kids who grow up in this world and try to save humanity before the aliens that created the sheet drag humanity so far into the future that Sol engulfs the Earth in 5 billion years
The ultimate premises that the story ends on are really neat.
>>
>>79765983
futanari is hentai though
>>
It was totally unrealistic. Julie had no IDEA who Miller was. She would've been like "Uhh.... who are you creeper? Eww leave me alone, gross". No fucking way she would have kissed him. That scene was total bull shit.
>>
>>79765994
kek god damn what a way to kill a species.

there's gotta be easier ways to do it than that, these aliens just in it for the lols?
>>
>>79765994
On the same first idea there is Quarantine by Greg Egan (whith his usual tech-spy story).
>>
>>79766034

To be fair going by all the previous episodes, she clearly had Issues.
>>
>>79766034
She met him when he found her dead. Also, people tend to come together when bad shit is happening.
>>
>>79766034
Mind reading
>>
>>79766054
It was just an alien kid playing all along.
>>
>>79766026
/v/ is so shit
>>
I miss him, guys ;_;
>>
>>79766054
The ideas it brings up at the end are top notch. It really explores the premises it puts forth like a good science fiction does. It deserved the Hugo Award it got.

I'd be fine spoiling it for you but I suggest you read it.
>>
>>79766034
the episode where they find her corpse made it clear that she had been hallucinating and seeing visions of Miller just like he had been seeing visions of her
>>
>>79766034
The stuff he was saying to her was actually very good in trying to keep her calm while informing her of the situation and showing he legit cares. It was well written and performed. I was a bit surprised by that.
>>
>>79766188
Was it this >>79766125 ?
>>
>>79766216
Yea these contrarian niggers really need to stfu

The scene was beautiful
>>
>>79766074
>Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics
>"""hard science fiction"""
REEEEE
>>
>>79766220
yes no, not at all
>>
>>79766258
It was written in the late 1980s and printed in the early 1990s.
>>
>>79765119

He was in love with her and that is made clear in the books, so I don't know what or why non-bookfag anons would think anything else since it was made clear from beginning he was obsessed with her.
>>
File: GvZYowF.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GvZYowF.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
Is the show any good?
>>
>>79766110
Have you ever talked to a woman about kissing in real life? Yeah that's right, didn't think so. I have and I can tell you, no woman would do that in that situation.
>>
>>79766364
He never met her and she didn't even know about him. It's just weird.
>>
>>79766258
kek determinism babby detected
>>
>>79766409
CONSCIOUSNESS IS NOT SOME MAGICAL CLOUD YOU DUALISTIC FAGGOT!
>>
>>79766390

You're really full of shit, son.
>>
>>79757491
She looks like a black anne hathaway
>>
>>79766034

She was observing him even as she was 'dead', they had a connection from that point on that seemed to go beyond time and space if you follow the little touches of the series.

I don't know why this one anon has such an issue with it. Reposting the idea over and over again isn't going to get people on your side. Gay or weirdo either way you're wrong, it was beautiful.
>>
>>79766440
muh dick
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 300x168px)
images.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Anyone else think Miller basically raped her? I mean the protomolecule has her totally tied down, she can't move or anything. Then Miller comes along, forcibly kisses her (she can't even move her arms enough to push him away), then rubs his face on her titties.
>>
>>79766402

Well in two different media forms, you're wrong so just let it go or go write some shitty fanfic to get over it because repeating yourself isn't winning you anything.
>>
>>79766432
No, I watched with my mom, and even she was like "Why is she kissing this guy she barely knows, again?"
>>
>>79766482

Anon, several people told you in previous threads that they didn't see it as rape.
>>
>>79766482
Go away fake SWJ jew.
>>
>>79766494
>have an opinion
>it's wrong
ok autismo
>>
>>79766451

I just don't buy the time-space bullshit. She was dead and never met him, the thing on the table is something that looks kinda like her and sorta stole her base memory/personality to use as a driver. Need some serious head canon to explain why the proto would time-hijinks Miller, considering he fucks up the plan about hitting Earth and had a nuke sitting next to them.
>>
>>79766429
You realize Copenhagen doesn't suppose anything magical about consciousness right? Consciousness causes wave function collapse is a different, and discredited, interpretation of quantum physics.

Copenhagen does accept the existence of real randomness though which challenges determinism.
>>
Why did eros explode when it hit venus? The writers know that a "gas giant" isn't made out of literal gasoline, right?
>>
File: 1487452456404.jpg (56KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
1487452456404.jpg
56KB, 358x429px
>>79766615
>venus
>gas giant
>>
>>79766566
If that's the case, how come Miller kept seeing Julie everywhere?
>>
>>79766566

You don't have to buy it, that's why they put the little touches in the series. Disagreeing with your own eyeballs is your own problem anon.

They had him hallucinating her, and she, him throughout the series.

It isn't head canon, it was written in the books that he had a connection with her beyond what was seen and they chose to show it through extra-sensory hallucinations, and her hearing him before she ever met him. Showing the protomolecule has quantum entanglement that carries across time and space is actually pretty neat since prime 'ability' of what it does will explain why its neat.

The show used it that way, and books gave them even more of a connection that was closer to space magic.

For some reason you just really dislike the pairing for some reason, but you must know you're an extreme minority. I think you would be better off just accepting that instead of trying to convince people you're right despite evidence or common consensus.
>>
>>79766606
You're right. But that's how the book's interprets it.
>>
>>79766615
anon Venus is not a gas giant also you clearly know nothing about high velocity impacts if you think an asteroid would just pass through a gas giant like nothing.
>>
>>79766681
Julie never hallucinated about Miller though. Not even once.
>>
>>79766566
Just putting this out there, but the proto-molecule doesn't have to necessarily WANT to do the stuff it causes. Time hijinks may be a natural repercussion of its presence.
>>
File: 1486683508472.jpg (204KB, 786x777px) Image search: [Google]
1486683508472.jpg
204KB, 786x777px
>>79766681
Christ, I'm glad you typed it up. I had it about half done.
>>
>>79766727

If you go back to first season, last episode when they show her dying/changing, she hears him without ever seeing him, which counts as an auditory hallucination, I never said they were the same which is why I said 'extra-sensory' external sensory that went beyond her ears or body. Disembodied voice, whatever you want to call it. And then obviously she was 'viewing/hearing' him as it was changing her.
>>
>>79766718
Sounds like a silly book then. Thanks anon I'll skip it.

Don't need none of that "consciousness is magic!" hippie crap.
>>
>>79766787
It is technology, not magic, barbarian. You should probably read some science books.
>>
how long could i survive in vacuum, assuming i had a pressurised helmet+atmo but nothing else
>>
>>79766820
0 seconds, you need a full space suit, not just a helmet
>>
File: You belong with me.jpg (83KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
You belong with me.jpg
83KB, 720x418px
>>79766482
See
>>79760174
>>
>>79766820
Quite a while, but you'd exsanguinate.

If you were in outerspace, the radiation from the sun would kill you to. You'd also slowly start to freeze too death. Yeah, you'd exsanguinate through your skin and die.
>>
>>79766669

Straight up hallucination. He's only meant to put the fact she's 'alive' together on the station. Everything about S1/S2 before that is him dealing with it in his own obsessive way. Other wise he had to have been 'infected' some how before ever coming across her body (or have some proto nearby like how Proto-Miller talks with Holden). They need to pick which rule to follow, either link it to being in proximity of the molecule (as it is in the book) or have it be space-magic (your interpretation). For me, he's just completely nuts once he gets on this case, his own words are all about 'knowing her' in the obsessive and creepy manner that would allow him to hallucinate what he thinks she'd be like and how she'd respond.
>>
>>79766820
>in vacuum
>assuming I had pressurised helmet + atmo

You mean like the rest of your body exposed?

Not very long but it wouldn't be as fast or as violent a death as Hollywood likes to present.

You don't explode, could potentially rupture some organs though.

I think NASA estimates a human can survive like a little over a minute in vacuum and that's with nothing so you'd probably do a bit better than that with a helmet.
>>
>>79760174
>Thinks a woman can fall in love with some rando they never met in 5 minutes

How do I know you're a virgin?
>>
oh look, what a surprise. tv is STILL FUCKING SHILLING
>reddit: the scifi series

get back there you normie cuck redditors
>>
>>79766937
>>79766929

...so are you just angry that nobody agrees with you?
>>
>>79766937
Nope but you can get some quick pussy based on a single line.

This is how I know you've never been to a bar.

>>79766985
You say that about everything popular, contrarian.
>>
>>79766985
What is 4chan sci fi?
>>
>>79766482
Yeah, I don't like that they took the romantic angle with their interaction.
>>
>>79766985
>hueblrgh blergh bueh: the post
(You)
Keep doing god's work anon
>>
>>79767009
That wasn't romantic though.
>>
>>79767008
Interstellar
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-21h33m26s028.png (156KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-21h33m26s028.png
156KB, 720x418px
>>79766727
>>
File: 1434235533860[1].jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860[1].jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>79767075
>>
>>79766890
Probably die of heart failure first, due to sudden loss of blood pressure. Wouldn't even need for the blood to leave your body for that to happen.
>>
why was miller obsessed with julie? just doesn't make much sense.

im guessing the book did a better job with this part?
>>
>>79767151
Yeah, that is true. You'd "bruise" to hell and back before it came out of the skin.
>>
>>79767174
Watch first season
>>
>>79767174
>don't watch the tv show at all
>ask retarded questions

Read the wiki site or something for fuck sake.
>>
>>79767174
he's got the yellow fever
>>
File: 1241809571.webm (896KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1241809571.webm
896KB, 720x1280px
Is the the show good?
>>
>>79767246
The show is the good
the
>>
>>79767246
No.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-21h44m13s789.png (455KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-21h44m13s789.png
455KB, 720x418px
>>79766937
I'm married, anon. I understand women pretty well.

She was completely vulnerable and had been abandoned by everyone. He was very loving and gave her everything he had. They were both the only things in the universe they had left. Of course she'd reach for him.

Especially as her character is established as a very outgoing.

The show also establishes they had a transcendental connection.

I'm sorry this is hard this is hard for you.
>>
>>79767371

I thought it was incredibly well done, I was really surprised how many different emotions she portrayed in such a short amount of time.
>>
The proto-molecule can have Venus. It's a shit planet.
>>
>>79767246
best sci fi since bsg, possibly better than bsg
>>
>>79767526
Venus is my planetfu, fuck off Mercurd.
>>
>>79767174

>holy shit this is actually a useful term that efficiently describes the complexities of what would otherwise be a baffling situation.

She was his waifu, anon.
>>
>>79767526
>Eros goes to Venus
wew lad
>>
People are seiously this triggered by the Juile + Miller situation?

He's an old jaded depressed asshole and selflessness of a pretty girl made him feel something and he fell for her.

>lol creepy autist what a loser!

It's a fictional story he doesn't have to be like a real person.

>Ok but she wouldn't just be all cool with him like that at the end she'd be like "ummm do I know you? excuse me!"

right right that's totally what you'd do to the only fucking human you've seen in who knows how long while an alien lifeform has been mind raping you to determine your usefulness in it's quest to carry out it's mission. Maybe the problem is people think she's totally fine and all there or something, she's not. She's as conscious as it allows her to be.

But I'll say that even if she is all there I still don't think she'd be trying to turn him away for the love of god he's clearly trying to help her and god knows a person in that situation would want all the help they can get. Pretty sure I'd embrace anybody if it meant not turning into alien who knows what on my own and especially if they were being nice and seemed like they wanted to help me.
>>
>>79767174
>fedora
>a drunk
>edgy
>alone
>obsessing over a woman he never met

basically a /tv/ poster
>>
what the hell is julie maos father's master plan? im not following what the fuck he wants to achieve
>>
>>79767601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y
>>
>>79767567
Running home to hide under his mommy's CO2 skirt like a wimp.
>>
>>79767601
Opening stargates
>>
In the books, miller kisses Julie's hand, says a few lines and then his last chapter ends, whereas in the show the scene continues a bit longer. He could have kissed Julie in the books, but the chapter literally ends a few sentences after kissing her hand so it could just not be shown.

Julie's line: "You belong with me" is actually a reference to miller chapters after escaping eros where he imagines her following him. He has multiple daydreams about her where she says "You belong with me" (this is 100% miller's imagination not some protomolecule ghost or something).

Also protojulie doesn't have legs in the books, half of her is consumed by the protomolecule connections.

I thought the show dialogue for this scene was much better than the books.
>>
>>79767174
I wondered the same thing until I realized the following.

He has spent most of his life serving the corporations back on Earth, busting belters who are just trying to get by. Enter Julie. She's an Earther but she believes in the belt enough to join the OPA. He is tasked with saving her and the longer he is on the case the more he realizes he regrets his own life and wishes he had believed in something half as much as Julie believes in the Belt. He simultaneously looks up to Julie and wants to protector her. When he found out she was dead her cause became his cause. That's why he killed the scientist on the spot, he murdered thousands of belters.

I don't really see it as a romantic attraction.
>>
>>79767601
Remember what Dresden said?

>We could become our own gods!

All that stuff about remaking man, make ourselves better, invincible, immortal basically.

Well Mao's plan is to provide "the future of humanity!" brought to you by Protogen*

*a division of Mao-Kwikowski Mercantile

He wants a monopoly on the technology the protomolecule will bring.
>>
>>79767708
how would he even know it does that
>>
>>79767709
>Also protojulie doesn't have legs in the books, half of her is consumed by the protomolecule connections.
What about her boobs? Did he describe her nipples?
>>
>>79767756
They were fine. That's actually Miller's last line in the books.

>Damn girl them titties fine
>>
>>79767789
I believe you.
>>
File: IMG_1212.jpg (32KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1212.jpg
32KB, 470x313px
Nobody talking about Arjun's goodbye speech to his wife? That was the second best scene in the episode after Miller's.
>>
>>79752565
>Finally I became expanded!
What the fuck SyFy?
Really?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-18h12m52s808.png (775KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-18h12m52s808.png
775KB, 1280x738px
>>79767478
The range and subtlety of just about every actor has been incredible.
>>
>>79767843
i liked how they kept talking over each other because of the delay. i think thats the first time ive seen that in any movie or tv show
>>
>>79752565
>>79766863
>>79767789
Imagine being Thomas in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Florence Faivre, your fuckin' titties fine, all sexy with your fungus body and horrific protomolecular monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me."
>>
>>79767756
nope

"She was in a hazmat analysis node, lying on a bed of the dark thread that spilled out from her spine until was indistinguishable form the massive fairy-tale cushion of her own flowing hair. Tiny points of blue light glittered on her face, her arms, her breasts. The bone spurs that had been pressing out of her skin had grown into sweeping, almost architectural connections with the lushness around her. Her legs were gone, lost in the tangle of dark alien webs; she reminded miller of a mermaid who had traded her fins for a space station. Her eyes were closed, but he could them shifting and dancing under the lids. And she was breathing."

skipping some paras to his last lines:

"Reflexively, he kissed the back of her hand. There was an ache starting deep in his belly. A sense of illness. A moment's nausea. The first pangs of his transformation into Eros. "Don't worry," he said. "We're gonna be fine."" (end chapter)
>>
>>79767861
True. It felt kind of flat at times, like you could tell they were acting and that it wasn't natural, just for that part (perhaps because I'm not used to people acting through that kind of thing) but I appreciated the effort.
>>
>>79767843
It was an incredible performance.

>>79767861
I don't think it was a delay. He was making an excuse for being rude, because he's uncomfortable demanding things from her.
>>
>>79767907
So they took body horror and made Avatar soft porn
>>
>>79767601
>>79767708
>>79767728

The UN contracted protogen to build ayy/human hybrid supersolider ostensibly to rek mars. Mao is also using the UN's funding to research other applications of the protomeme
>>
Anyone have a link to the music during the protojulie scene? someone posted it a while ago but couldnt find it on the archive
>>
>>79767974
why do people named mao always ruin everything
>>
>>79767710
Thanks for actually answering my question, instead of just being an assblasted fanboy.

So I can get that, but it just seems like the show didn't do a great job getting that across. Probably because of how much hopping around characters there was.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-22h22m08s085.png (454KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-22h22m08s085.png
454KB, 720x418px
>>79767956
It was already kind of body horror. You can see she's suffering and terrified of what's happened to her.

I think they did a great job of creating tension between the beauty and danger of the alien environment. Making it pretty just heightened the suspense.
>>
>>79768083
i guess aliens dont like nipples
>>
>>79768057
>So I can get that, but it just seems like the show didn't do a great job getting that across.
I think it did a good job.
>>
>>79767956
Kinda yea.

But it worked so I don't really care. That scene made me loose my shit, I watched it twice and it got me both times. Her and Thomas played it great.
>>
File: 1488000267482.png (542KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
1488000267482.png
542KB, 720x418px
>>79768095
>>
>>79767246
Ffs my life would be so much better with a sassy somali gf
>>
>>79768132
thats very lewd
>>
>>79768132
Would suck blue slime out of
>>
>>79768132
>>79768187
MOLECULED
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-24-22h31m19s827.png (187KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-24-22h31m19s827.png
187KB, 720x418px
>>79768095
Her breasts had been #rekt during assimilation. What we see in "Home" is a protomolecule aproximation of her body.
>>
>ywn turn into protomolecule
>>
>>79768275
i kind of wish they stuck with that alien spore aesthetic, it's really freaky.
>>
>>79768327
I like that it went from being creepy as fuck to ethereal
>>
>>79768327
I think they wanted to put extra emphasis on certain characteristics of the molecule through visuals. Make share everyone watching understands the protomolcule isn't just a disease, but something more. Also, it looks pretty cool.
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.