[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>They say I'm a madman, Barton, but I'm not mad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: charlie_meadows.jpg (88KB, 1016x572px) Image search: [Google]
charlie_meadows.jpg
88KB, 1016x572px
>They say I'm a madman, Barton, but I'm not mad at anyone. Honest I'm not. Most guys I just feel sorry for. Yeah. It tears me up inside, to think about what they're going through. How trapped they are. I understand it. I feel for 'em. So I try and help them out...Jesus. Yeah. I know what it feels like, when things get all balled up at the head office. It puts you through hell, Barton. So I help people out. I just wish someone would do as much for me.

In Barton Fink, did Charlie want Barton to kill him?
>>
File: coen kino.webm (2MB, 912x496px) Image search: [Google]
coen kino.webm
2MB, 912x496px
MAYBE
>>
One of my favorite parts of rewatching Barton Fink is just how knowing the ending makes you look at John Goodman's character in a completely different light.
>>
He befriended Barton, and I guess he wanted Barton to listen to him.
>>
>>79751448
>HEIL HITLER
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79751448
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>79751569
but they make it obvious he's a murderer the first time you watch it..
>>
>>79751944
How?
>>
>I'm a man of large appetite, and even with lunch under my belt, I was feelin' a mite peckish.
>>
>>79751569
but they make it obvious he's a murderer the first time you watch it..
>>
We all agree that Burn After Reading is the Coen's worst right? And does anyone actually like A Serious Man, like actually think it's funny?
>>
>>79752243
Their worst is undeniably The Ladykillers or Intolerable Cruelty. And I think it's a testament to how good the Coens are that their worst movies aren't even bad, just bad by their standards.
>>
>>79752312
I haven't actually seen either of those because I can't stand the Coen's straight up comedies other than Raising Arizona and Lebowski
>>
>>79752366
You don't like O Brother Where Art Thou?
>>
>>79752385
That's the most tolerable, but I'm not really a fan
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CNyzdmXhe0
>>
>>
>>79752243
The point of A Serious Man isn't comedy you retard, it's a story about the search for answers to unanswerable questions in a chaotic, unforgiving world.
>>
>>79752541
But it's billed as a comedy, and I've heard people say it was the funniest movie of the last decade. I didn't dislike the movie, but it certainly wasn't funny.
>>
>>79752243
Burn After Reading is pretty good for what it is, and honestly Brad Pitt's performance makes the film worth it.

A Serious Man is pure kino i won't even try to make you understand, the bits with the gook kid were hilarious desu.
>>
>>79752243
This is bait right?
>>
>>79752639
sure it was
>>
>>79752243

Burn After Reading is a lot of fun. John Malkovich is a riot.
>>
File: bar.webm (3MB, 1000x536px) Image search: [Google]
bar.webm
3MB, 1000x536px
>hating on Burn After Reading

it's great, I think the fact it came after NCFOM puts people off it for whatever reason

also how is Hail Caesar!, I've yet to see it
>>
>>79753296
hail ceasar is probably the closest the coens have ever come to just bad. exploring "classic" hollywood without touching upon the CIA or mccarthyism is just lazy and toothless.
>>
So who killed that woman? It wasn't Barton, right?
>>
>>79752243
BEST: A Serious Man
WORST: Raising Arizona
FAVORITE: No Country for Old Men
OVERRATED: Fargo
UNDERRATED: The Man Who Wasn't There
>>
>>79751651
The Nazi Party rose to power because the intellectual elite didn't understand the desires of the common man, as much as they purported to.
>>
>>79753763
BEST: No Country
WORST: Raising Arizona
FAVORITE: O Brother
OVERRATED: A Serious Man
UNDERRATED: Burn
>>
File: heil hitler.webm (3MB, 900x486px) Image search: [Google]
heil hitler.webm
3MB, 900x486px
>>
>>79753686
Charlie obviously
>>
>>79753296
Boring
>>
File: the-hudsucker-proxy-still.jpg (23KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
the-hudsucker-proxy-still.jpg
23KB, 448x252px
>>79753763
Fargo is pretty much perfectly rated, I keep coming back to it

BEST: Fargo
WORST: The Ladykillers, come on
FAVORITE: Barton Fink
OVERRATED: Burn After Reading
UNDERRATED: The Hudsucker Proxy

Why did the Hudsucker Proxy get as much shit as it did? It's really fun
>>
What is honestly wrong with The Ladykillers?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.