[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Malick the animist moves into abstraction, like Kubrick's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

>Malick the animist moves into abstraction, like Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey F/X, but he ends with amazement, like Godard's late spiritual films. And this isn't just IMAX novelty...Malick brings cinema back to its phenomenological beginning.

Why is nobody discussing this kino?
>>
because there is nowhere to be found, so not a lot of people have seen it!
>>
Link me so I can disucc this movie with you
>>
>>79750040
Saw the IMAX and I enjoyed it. Iits an important film to watch if you want to get a better understanding of Malicks view of a god
>>
>>79751210
>Malicks view of a god
Give me the quick rundown
>>
>>79751241
Most people today have preconceived notions about what a god is. A bible thumper view of god as some guy who makes judgments on our sins and turned water into wine and so on.
I think malick sees god as certainly a creator of the universe and whose presence is seen in the "good" in nature. He believes people should act in accordance to this nature. Love, empathy, etc.
>>
any streams
>>
>>79750040
>Malick brings cinema back to its phenomenological beginning.

What did he fucking mean by this?
>>
malick kissed my daughter on her boo-boo
>>
File: Recent.jpg (78KB, 618x403px) Image search: [Google]
Recent.jpg
78KB, 618x403px
>>79751034
>>79751002
Legends say that a copy of this movie is harder to obtain than any other film in the world. Only a selected few have seen this movie, attending a private screening with the mighty Malick. The feeling one is left with, after seeing this kino, has been compared to being blessed by god himself.
>>
>>79750040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93d8jTrBQqY&t=4s
cuz nobody saw it (but me). It only played at like 15 IMAX's in the US, and fuck knows where internationally
>>
>>79752192
How was it?
>>
>>79752231
pretty dam good. It's like the beginning of the universe sequence of Tree of Life stretched out to a 45 min movie, and the narration is by Brad Pitt and much less vague. His best work since Thin Red Line IMO, most everything else since is a chore, and Song to Song just looks like Knight of Cups part 2. snooze
>>
>>79750040

where the hell is the home release of this?!?!? TAKE MY DAMN MONEY MALICK
>>
Narrated By Brad Pitt

why does he use such meme tier actors?
hopefully they'll be a "no narration" audio track.
>>
File: 1487896469890.png (299KB, 587x528px) Image search: [Google]
1487896469890.png
299KB, 587x528px
It's god shit? Even a super positive "god is all that's good in nature" is retarded. Nature is beautiful and wondrous, no need to ascribe bullshit to it. Saying nature is beautiful because of some god or creator just cheapens it. People who look at nature and feel an immanent divine presence or some other bullshit are just too stupid to realize that the Christian culture they live in is influencing them.
>>
>>79750040
so its going to be a generic drama with scenes of space and earth interwoven between cuts to make it seem more deep and symbolic? How do people keep falling for this?
>>
>>79753018
it's a video of your mom's ass being cummed in
>>
File: mightymax.png (410KB, 636x472px) Image search: [Google]
mightymax.png
410KB, 636x472px
Malick is utter garbage. His film-making is obvious and shallow. Unwatchable, overstated, condescending manure.
If you like his work, go fuck yourself. Your taste is awful.
>>
>>79752964
*tips fedora*
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.