[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many TV shows hang around way too long? Do the creators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: homeland-tv-show.jpg (765KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
homeland-tv-show.jpg
765KB, 1600x900px
Why do so many TV shows hang around way too long?
Do the creators not realize when their shows decline? What are the circumstances when shows actually end at an appropriate time?
>>
File: Supernatural-Den-of-Geek.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Supernatural-Den-of-Geek.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
Another example.
>>
always sunny
>>
>>79747550
They should what brit shows do and leave on a high tbqh
>>
>>79747767
Always Sunny is still great though.
>>
File: ec4787b5d381ec55dd6054041ce9d3f2.jpg (315KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ec4787b5d381ec55dd6054041ce9d3f2.jpg
315KB, 1280x1024px
>>
The show has one, maybe two good seasons and it sort of becomes the channel's flagship show then they just ordering more seasons because it's now the posterboy for original content on your channel

Same thing happened with House of Cards on netflix
>>
People still watch them, they still bring in money more then taking the chance at something new that may not be successful
>>
It's easier and cheaper to continue an existing show than to start a new one.
>>
Money and arrogance. The Hollywood liberals for you
>>
>>79747550

I think the latest season is great
>>
>>79747767
You can never have enough episodes of always sunny
>>
>>79747550
after brody died i stopped watching. It took a huge downhill turn.
>>
>>79749373

Since it's the exact same episode constantly then, yeah I guess your point stands.
>>
>>79749357
yeah. it's a pretty different show after season 3, but it's not bad at all.
>>
>>79747550
The network decides when a show ends.
A showrunner has to decide between getting paid for running his own show into the ground or leaving, and someone else running his show into the ground.
>>
>>79749404
>Completely random
>exact same episode

yeah i see your point ???
>>
>>79747550
>>79747767

These are two of the shows that I still watch

Surprised that Low-Rent Alex Jones impersonator hasn't become a psedu-Rogan meme
>>
>>79747550
If they can make money off of it they will. They'll only kill off a show if there's a significant drop in ratings which doesnt always happen to show like homeland until they get REALLY bad.
>>
>>79747550
Homeland is good show with some bad seasons.
>>
>>79748062
IS this still going on or when did it die?

I dropped it around the time the younger brother kills someone and they have to run.
>>
All of these explanations kind of make sense. But what happened in the case of The Sopranos or Breaking Bad for example? Why didn't those shows go on for 15 seasons?
>>
>>79750025
I'd assume the story was finished and the director/writers had this thing called artistic intergrity, maybe?

At least that's why I wouldnt drag out a show.
>>
>>79750145
Sure, but according to this thread the networks could have just replaced them.
>>
Should have ended in S6
>>
>>79750316

>season 4

FTFY
>>
>>79750240
Replace something that's finished?

Isn't that what they did with shit like Better Call Saul?

Or do you mean replace the director/writers?

Because that's pretty stupid business-wise to replace the people that made your show a hit just because they've decided to finish it like a story should.
>>
>>79750240
Depends on the network I suppose. When you've got a prestigious show like Mad men that's won multiple emmys the showrunner gets more leverage. Even then AMC made Weiner split the last season in two
>>
Would you watch a Peter Quinn prequel to Homeland?
>>
>>79747550
Sons of anarchy didn't become terrible it just got boring .
>>
But Homeland right now is better than all of the earlier seasons (except 1). The only thing Homeland tends to do poorly is season finales.
>>
>>79750444
No. Why don't people get that the only redeeming part of Homeland was the unique concept. After season 2 the show became really bland, including Quinn who is just a generic "badass spy" character.
>>
>>79750381
GOAT season
>>
>>79750316
Dexter could have been so much fucking better if they'd planned ahead a little, instead of scraping together retarded filler side plots each season. They used up the Dexter being chased by the police storyline in the second season already, and the rest are just Dexter vs new super villain. Debra not figuring Dexter out makes her look completely braindead.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.