[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was his performance good? I seriously can't tell if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

Was his performance good? I seriously can't tell if it was good or bad.
>>
I liked it. I'm not too familar with the source material though (other than he's a super rich asshole that wants to kill/humiliate Superman) so Eisenberg's schizophrenic psycho act didn't bother me much.
>>
Considering he's an inherently shit actor, I'd say no. He must be sucking a lot of cocks to keep getting so much work.
>>
He tried something different rather than just rehashing Hackman from the original movies, and that's commendable enough. I actually thought he was really good in the scene on the rooftop with Lois, when he dropped the silly maniac act and was just outright threatening. But I didn't think much of his performance as a whole.
>>
so bad it's good

it's hilarious
>>
Honestly, I am not sure what ruined it. Was it the script itself or did Snyder tell him to act like an autist?
>>
>>79742546
Numales don't like it because it's like they're looking into a mirror. The movie is one large commentary on Marvelcucks and their attempts at bringing down DChads like Superman and failing.
>>
I felt overacting. He tried too hard to be psycho. Didn't feel natural
>>
He laid it on a little too thick IMO. Every single scene he's in he twitches and his voice cracks. If he couldve spaced that out more, it would've been a more dynamic performance.
>>
>>79742897
The autism mostly. The dialogue itself is actually pretty good if you read the subtitles.
>>
He started to act more like classic Lex towards the end and (I'm hoping) his time in prison after BVS burns the autism out of him.
>>
>>79742925
solid theory
>>
>I want to be Heath Ledger: the performance
>>
>>79744875
How is he like Heath Ledger at all
>>
>>79744900
Ummm he has wavy, long hair and a wicked sense of humour?
>>
>>79742843
He's jewish. that's all it takes. That's why you see so many horrible actors in big films.
>>
>>79742546
It's fucking fantastic. It's just not what anyone, myself included, expected. He's become my favorite live- action depiction of the character.
>>
>>79742546
he played a great Riddler
>>
>>79744974
I'm pretty impressed you aren't sleeping in until 1 PM, Sam
>>
none of his movies or performances are good.
>>
>>79745175
Shut the fuck up pleb. Social Network is classic
>>
>>79742546
Do I need to watch it to have an opinion? (because I don't really want to experience Batfleck)
Does Eisenberg play the character different in any way?
Can you separate the character from the actor?
>>
>>79745241

meme trash that will be irrelevant and forgotten soon enough.
>>
>>79745241
Lol. Garbage movie to cash in on stupid millennials who think facebook is like the best thing evaaaaar.
>>
>>79742546
Only memorable and entertaining character in the entire film. Everyone else was just stoic.
>>
>>79742546
>I seriously can't tell if it was good or bad.

He was so erratic that you can't tell, apparently, but if you want to know if he can act just look at his other performances and even interviews: HE ONLY DOES ONE CHARACTER, HIMSELF.
So, can he act?! NO.
Is he even interesting or charming. NO.
Is he a jew? YES.
Back to the original question.

>Was his performance good?

No, because he didn't portray a villain, all he did was to portray Jesse Eisenberg agitated on meth or caffeine spewing quotes.
>>
File: 1461275076182.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461275076182.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>"Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that’s how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film."

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.
>>
>>79745338
How old are you?
>>
>>79745475
Old enough to realize that asking a question like that on 4chan is the most retarded thing you could possibly do.
>>
>>79745421
>He steals every scene.
He "steals" every scene cause he's agitated and makes all sorts of erratic gestures.
>but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film
All he did was to spew text mostly with uniformity
>>
>>79745496
>>
>>79745585
Whatever you say Jesse.
>>
>>79742546
>casted for lex luthor role
>acts like heath ledgers joker
>>
I thought a lot of the wordplay in his dialogue was pretty clever but I guess that's more down to the script than his performance
>>
>>79742897
>or did Snyder tell him to act like an autist?

Jesse himself based his interpretation of the character on his interactions with Max Landis. Take that for what you will
>>
This was an awesome Lex origin story. Starts off proto-Lex, fucks Batman and Superman's shit up, Creates a God monster, learns the knowledge of the cosmos, and finally jailed w head shaved and chip on his shoulder.

Now he's Lex Luthor.
>>
>>79742546
>"Tell me what to think /tv/"
>>
>>79742546
Good performance, terrible miscast.

Like if he was cast as the Joker then I'd say that he bad but because he was playing Lex, and people associate Lex with being a suave, manipulative rich dude who sidesteps Superman using intellect and resources, he ended up getting shit on more for his performance than he would've otherwise.

It also didn't help that Snyder doesn't know how to write a script so when his antics fell flat, they fell flat hard.
>>
>>79742925
i like this.
>>
>>79742925
Can we have one thread without DCucks getting butthurt and bringing Marvel into this? Just once can we avoid company wars?

No? Okay then, guess I'll just get read for yet another flame war.
>>
>>79747738
Snyder didn't write shit. The script was all Goyer and Terrio (mostly the former since Terrio was brought in for rewrites).
>>
File: 1482396371958.png (156KB, 750x285px) Image search: [Google]
1482396371958.png
156KB, 750x285px
>>79744974
>>
>>79747772

It's just bantz, if you start taking the DChad/numale thing seriously you'll drive yourself crazy, no one would talk like that in real life
>>
>>79742546
Yeah he was good
>>
File: disappointed daft punk.gif (3MB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed daft punk.gif
3MB, 500x286px
>>79745256
>Do I need to watch it to have an opinion?
>I don't really want to experience Batfleck
>>
>>79742546
It's great
>>
>>79742546
Personally thought it was one of the highlights of bvs
>>
>>79747738
If Alan Rickman said these exact lines and did his Snape act people would have called it Uber-Kino, some of the best dialogue ever. People honestly just hate the creepy Landis-spaz thing.
>>
His acting is fine, the character/writing is whats bad.
>>
>>79749936
and /co/mic book niggers are stuck on not muh Lex
>>
>>79742546
It was as good a performance as anyone could give with absolute shit material to work with. When you have lines like
>ding ding ding ding ding
As well as scenes where your character goes into an autistic rant, there isn't much chance to make a good impression.

Regardless, he nailed that scene on the rooftop, and he needed more scenes like that and less scenes of screeching incoherently
>>
>>79745401

>Is he even interesting or charming. NO.

But he is, anon
>>
>>79750676
>>79750312

This is just sad
>>
>>79742546
The visible cringing or laughter of everyone in your theater didn't tip you off?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.