[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>discover alien language gives her insight into the future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: ff-arrival-review-10rv04.jpg (25KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
ff-arrival-review-10rv04.jpg
25KB, 620x349px
>discover alien language gives her insight into the future
>writes a book on the language so everyone can understand it and see the future themselves
>she can't see into the future far enough to realize that everyone on the planet having the ability to see into the future would lead to absolute chaos and calamity

Was this dumb bitch retarded?
>>
she cannot deviate from the path

neither can we
>>
>>79738949
>no obvious logical pattern

>just, you know, in major nations only. It's not like fucking liberia got one.

But yeah the first thing we're going to do with FTL tech is send a relativistic rock at those stupid hand puppets.

Morality does not apply outside of your species.
>>
>>79738949
>its an autist still can't into determinism and thinks its a plot hole episode
Do you get tired of being btfo thread after thread?
>>
>>79739023
>no such thing as free will

wew lad. Gonna talk about addiction is a disease next?
>>
>>79738982
>she cannot deviate from the path

That doesn't matter, if everyone on the entire planet could see the future it could lead to unlimited amounts of problems on a interpersonal level, a societal level and a geopolitical level.

>>79739023
I understand determinism just fine, it's wrong though. There's more than materialism. Explain to me why things aren't deterministic on a subatomic level, actually don't because nobody fucking knows.
>>
File: hide aussie threads.png (54KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
hide aussie threads.png
54KB, 919x737px
>>79739014
>greenland gets one
>australia doesn't
even aliens get it
>>
You can only see your own future, meaning anything past her lifespan she can't see nor anything that doesn't directly involve her
>>
>>79738949
It would be the complete opposite of chaos if everybody started objectively seeing the exact same future instead of trying to change the future to their own personal hopes.
>>
>>79739068
Australia one land near Perth. Did you not watch the movie?
>>
>>79738949
Beats ending up alone in the restaurant. The obese chicks dancing can stay.
>>
>>79739069
But everything directly involves you.

>>79739081
>It would be the complete opposite of chaos

There is no Utopia that would ever exist if everyone could see the future. If it's the complete opposite of chaos why are the aliens in trouble themselves?
>>
>>79739063
>There's more than materialism

Whut?

>It would be the complete opposite of chaos if everybody started objectively seeing the exact same future instead of trying to change the future to their own personal hopes.

That's not how time works. It can only go one way.
>>
>>79739156
>Whut?

Jesus Christ you're retarded.

>That's not how time works. It can only go one way.

Yup, you're absolutely fucking retarded. Time is a flat circle. Do you even 4th and 5th dimensions?
>>
>>79739130
>There is no Utopia that would ever exist if everyone could see the future.
No, not Utopia, but much more cooperation and known goals than the current chaos, awareness of your fatal condition doesn't reverse your dying fate because knowledge isn't a cure for entropy.
>>
>>79739130
>If it's the complete opposite of chaos why are the aliens in trouble themselves?

oh fuck thank you i nearly forgot about this "Humans are Special!" star trek bullshit.

What the fuck are we gonna do? I bet it's build a fuckhuge weapon. I bet that's why they needed us. Fuck you, bitch, Violence has settled more issues in history than has any other factor. It's just hippy liberal willful ignorance to say anything else.
>>
>>79739175

Who let you out of /x/? Time is a one way street. Ever hear of causality?

>>79739201

It's not possible for everyone to have a happy life.

People will know this, definitively.

Chaos.
>>
>>79739237
>redditspacing
make yourself less obvious autist
>>
>>79739237
Time is not linear at all, you should really get with the times.
>>
>>79739279

Lol newfag.

>>79739293
What, i have to cite you the articles proving it's not? You're one of those subjective reality faggots, aren't you?
>>
>>79739329
It's from M-Theory you clown, and it's widely accepted so sure I'd like you to cite me the opposite.
>>
>>79739201
There wasn't any cooperation between her and the guy in the future when he finds out their kid dies.
>>
>>79739237
Bliss is ignorance.

No educated adult is currently happy, at best, a few unempathetic irresponsible people with a system of enablers occasionally suffers fits of happiness whenever they detach from reality in certain situations.

It is only impossible because it is impossible for everyone to definitively know what everyone else needs to be happy.

Order and Clarity.
>>
>>79739351

M-Theory isn't anything. It's not a theory, it's academic nonsense.

Look into a think called the scientific method. What experiment proved it?

>>79739387
Utopia cannot exist because "bettering yourself" creates disparity by default.
>>
>>79739463
So use the scientific method to prove to me time is linear.
>>
>>79738949
>language can make you see into the future

wat
>>
>>79739492

Been waiting for you to ask that.

https://phys.org/news/2012-11-quantum-arrow-babar-asymmetry.html
>>
>>79739463
Nobody ever said it could exist, I said definitive knowledge of the future would create more order and clarity which by definition is a reduction in the traditional definition of chaos unless you were using the term to mean people with definitive knowledge of the future would organize and cooperate as predicted by the mathematical framework of game theory's inherent chaos.
>>
>>79739545
>I said definitive knowledge of the future would create more order and clarity

How? If i knew i was going to die in a week, as many people alive will, i would act totally differently than i do now. Reckless, one might say. If i saw my wife die i would do everything to prevent that, and it would work, because we have no evidence that reality is a self-correcting television show.

Just by seeing the future, you change the future. It'd just be a persistent blur. You'd at most see one potential future.
>>
>FlashForward didn't get a second season but this shit was produced backed by millions of dollars.
yeah
>>
>>79739590

It promotes the globalist agenda.

The aliens were jews.
>>
>>79739535
No, I want you to prove it to me.
>>
>>79739579
>Reckless, one might say.
No because you would know the bad consequences of any decision and would act to have the best possible outcome if you knew the future there wouldn't be any risk.

> we have no evidence that reality is a self-correcting television show.
>Just by seeing the future, you change the future
That is an entirely different argument that completely undermines the entire premise of your hypothetical future sight.
>>
>>79739665

I just did? Things prefer to go forward in time.
>>
>>79739545
>>79739579
I can't get into the belief that if you saw the future that you would die at 70 years old you'd effectivly be immortal until you were 70 years old.
>>
>>79739672
>No because you would know the bad consequences of any decision and would act to have the best possible outcome if you knew the future there wouldn't be any risk.

So i'd know when to rape, steal, and murder to get away with it? Would i have to commit the act before i knew the result? When would i know?

>That is an entirely different argument that completely undermines the entire premise of your hypothetical future sight.

Well yeah determinism doesn't exist. But even within the world it wouldn't work.
>>
>>79739698
Seriously, maybe that was the you that didn't know you'd live to be 70, but as soon as you know that future ceases to exist. Every thought and action from then on would be different.
>>
>>79739685
You linking one article isn't YOU proving it and using as you said, the scientific method.
>>
>>79739769

They proved it using the scientific method. Are you saying i have to prove why ice is slippery to say that it is? Fuck off.
>>
>>79739818
I have already been demonstrated with the slipperiness of ice, I've yet to actually experience the evidence of time being linear manifest itself into the world.
>>
>>79739872

Yes you have when's the last time you got younger on your birthday?
>>
>>79739731
>to get away with it?
How would you get away with something your victims all know is coming?
>>
>>79739982

Does the world have determinism or not?

If no, then some people just get to murder people, people know it will happen and it sucks for them, and people know they will one day get away with murder.

If yes, then good fucking god the "pre-crime" factions would destroy the world on their own.
>>
>>79739962
That doesn't apply to someone who doesn't measure time linearly in the way someone who doesn't understand time any differently might think.
>>
>>79740033

It does actually because thought has no bearing on reality.
>>
>>79740021
>get away with murder.
Why wouldn't they avoid death, you are describing suicide, not murder.

The precrime faction would be knowing anything bad that would happen as a result of your actions and everyone simultaneously seeking the best outcome based on mathematical optimization.
>>
>>79740055
Yes it dictates the mutual standards and practices of Units and Measurement.
>>
>>79740161

That doesn't allow you to time travel.
>>
>>79739579
>Just by seeing the future, you change the future
Not with this theory of time.
If you look into the future, everything that happens from that point can not change the outcome, because your decisions from then forth attempting to prevent the outcome, only enable it.

You can not change the future, only act with it.
>>
File: 1481630027222.jpg (6KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
1481630027222.jpg
6KB, 188x188px
>>79738949
>Write a guide on how to foresee the future
>Africa has a literacy of 3% and falls behind even more while the rest of the world evolves at a significally faster rate

Thanks (((Amy Adams)))
>>
>>79738949
only she can see the future cause she inhaled costelos farts. understanding the language is not enough
>>
>>79740216
Yes changes to the context affect your semantics.
>>
>>79739590
>FlashForward
my nigger
>>
>>79739130
>There is no Utopia that would ever exist if everyone could see the future. If it's the complete opposite of chaos why are the aliens in trouble themselves?
Because they can't change it, gaining a non-linear perception of time would be like consciously being transported to the precipice of death and experiencing all the events of your life as a series of flashbacks.

That's just the way it goes, the aliens always educate mankind, and mankind always helps them in turn.
>>
>>79739014
Pretty sure Sudan got one.
>>
>>79740266
wtf i love arrival now
>>
>>79740314
ttbhfam
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.