[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a psychopathic man going to do with2 million dollars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0758.jpg (47KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0758.jpg
47KB, 620x320px
What's a psychopathic man going to do with2 million dollars? Doesn't seem like he'd care about money.
>>
>>79724563
upgrading his cow killer
>>
>>79724563
get a better hair transplant
buy milk
knit black button up shirts
butcher cows
learn how to do coin tricks
>>
So, what? Is this guy supposed to be the ultimate badass?
>>
in the book he finishes the job and returns it to a shady guy who is presumably Stephen Root's boss
>>
>>79724563
i thought he was retrieving the money for someone else. he just liked to kill
>>
>>79725121
A lot of people seem to think so even though he flees the one time someone gives him a real fight.

Moss, a retired vet manages to take him on even when Chigurh had every advantage at the start and he just runs away.
>>
>>79724563
He doesn't take the money, he gives it to the people that were looking for it.
>>
Get a fucking haircut.
>>
>>79725229
this guy gets it
>>
>>79726034
Chigurh was just a man and I feel like that part and the ending were meant to demonstrate that.

"Death" would not have been so injured in a car crash. He was just a murderer who happened to be very lucky. Had Moss not been killed by a pack of beaners in a surprise attack at the hotel (which Chigurh himself could not pull of without getting fucked up), Moss could have taken him down.
>>
>>79724563

He wasnt a person.

He represented the inevitability of destiny and death.
>>
He was going to convert all the cash to quarters and reenact the coin scene 8 million times
>>
>>79724563
Didn't he pay an outlandish amount for a t-shirt?
>>
>>79725229
chigurh is a meticulous killer who doesn't take risks. his worldview on fate and choice and all that nonsense is obviously delusional and hypocritical (he only acts when things are overwhelmingly in his favor or near certain) and only serves to confirm his on fucked up worldview.

he's not going engage in a fair fight and will retreat the second the situation turns to his disadvantage.
>>
>>79725229

Both men managed to seriously wound each other, and so each one has to go to ground somewhere and get stitched up. That particular fight was more-or-less a draw. I think Anton realized his wound before Llewellyn realized his.

There's also no rule book stating that a killer is supposed to be brave, or something. Killers, both real and fictional, are opportunistic, and will naturally prefer an easy target (that doesn't fight back, such as the sap who didn't know what the cow-hammer movie-prop was) to a difficult one (Llewellyn), unless movie logic requires otherwise.

>>79725345

Maybe but I've never had this impression just by watching the film. (perhaps the book suggests otherwise). Anton is pretty clearly depicted has having gone off the reservation by killing the two suits, and tidying up loose ends by killing The Man Who Hires Wells, the same one who said he was a loose canon, etc. Perhaps there is a third/fourth party on whose behalf Anton is acting, but I've never registered anything in the film giving a positive indication as to what that might be.

My honest mental image of Anton, once he got the money, was that he would take some little apartment somewhere, sit in a room, live off-the-table, never have to worry about money again, and sulk, with the odd murder once every year or two just to stave off boredom and keep his game up. I've always thought that Anton wanted the money for himself; insofar as Anton is a character and not a totem/token for Death, he speaks of wanting the money "placed at MY feet", making getting the money personal. He also gets the wife on his general principles, but this is closely bound up with the money having been pissed away/lost (to him). In killing, yes, you don't want to leave loose ends, but it becomes more difficult to imagine Anton going to all these lengths for some totally unseen other earthly entity, apart from his own Nature/wants/desires/etc. Anton is self-contained.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.