/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I just rewatched it with my friend for the first time since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tfa.jpg (61KB, 700x363px) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
61KB, 700x363px
So, I just rewatched it with my friend for the first time since I've seen in a theatre and I must admit that it's much better than it has any right to be, and even knowing how much is wrong with it and with a somewhat jaded approach I couldn't stop myself from enjoying it. The pacing is bad at parts, but overall it's an extremely well put-together film with some great performances and smart visual storytelling.

Why are we hating it, again?
>>
>>79709492
Imagine shilling a 5 year old movie on 4chan of all places.

Disney must be desperate.
>>
>>79709492
Because it's shit and you're shit. Stop trying to be "we". There is just "you" and "gay".
>>
>>79709492
I don't get the hate of it being "The WORST movie". It's just another film like any other film.
>>
It has glaringly obvious flaws but it's still an entertaining movie that's worth watching for the VFX and sound design alone.
>>
>>79709620
The VFX and sound design were shit though.
>>
>>79709492
If it was actually good then we'd get genuine threads about it instead of threads like >Why are we hating it, again?
>>
>>79709968
It's good by Hollywood standards (just compare it to something like Jupiter Rising or even John Carter) its just not very good by star wars standards.
>>
File: IMG_4509.jpg (74KB, 750x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4509.jpg
74KB, 750x531px
>>79709492
I don't hate it OP, also does anyone know where I can watch Rebels?
>>
>>79709968
>ILM - shit
>Ben Burrt, the best and most respected sound designer on the planet -shit

yeah I'm sure you know what you aretalking about
>>
So many in this thread who fell for the "TFA is bad" meme

It's alot more intricate than you realize, wake up sheep
>>
>>79710447
Kisscartoon has all episodes and updates fast enough for the newer ones.
>>
>>79709492
I enjoyed it, it just has flaws. People calling it the worst thing ever are just autistic.
>>
>>79709492

Technically, there's not much wrong with it. Some people might quibble about the pacing or script, but it's very solid. What did you expect? There was a solid team behind it.

There are many contrarians on this board, but my personal frustration is that it's bland, anodyne and safe. There's zero subtlety to it. Many scenes are spent simply defining each side in absolute terms as either good or evil. There's no room to manoeuvre, so the whole film is forced into this tedious good vs evil narrative. And then they just remake Episode IV.

Lots of characters had potential. Kylo Ren is a comic figure. There's no attempt to pitch him as anything other than incompetent and insecure. How about a mysterious figure immersing himself in arcane rituals that other officers tolerate for the sake of Snoke (sort of like Vader, but with less threat and more obsession). Making him a joke gets cheap laughs, but completey sabotages the character for the sequels.

The First Order: how about a SW universe where remnants of the Empire are desperately trying to hold the star systems together in a single government and prevent mass strife/civil war? Paint them as a slightly brutish, but necessary evil rather than the absolute authoritarian Nazi clone that they get.

There's no depth to the change of heart of Finn's character. Rey needs more of a pragmatic stealing-to-survive vibe than just being a lonely scavenger.

Basically, characters have no depth or subtlety and it's a safe good vs evil story that boils down to a remake of Episode IV.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.