[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? >Taboo was a failure >Legion is unnecessary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

What went wrong?
>Taboo was a failure
>Legion is unnecessary
>The Strain pissed away its potential
>Fargo and ACS are delayed
>Archer and IASIP have gone on too long
>You're the Worst and Man Seeking Woman are plain insufferable
>AHS has gotten worse and worse

How will they recover to the days of The SHield and Rescue Me? Hell, I'll take the days of SOA and Justified at this point.
>>
They still make the best comedies
>>
>>79709207
Justified is the only kino on your post. Everything FX has done has been mediocre for the most part.
>>
>>79709267
The Shield is far superior to Justified.
>>
You didn't mention the worst part: Ryan Murphy.
>>
>>79709351
Oh I see him at the end.
But he's also got American Crime Story and 'Feud' which looks shit too.
Garbage man stuffed with praise for shit.
>>
File: 1482091539551.jpg (10KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1482091539551.jpg
10KB, 285x298px
>>79709207

What are you even talking about kid? Recover what?Their ongoing shows are popular and their new shows are popular. They should recover from being massively successful?
>>
>>79709390
they should recover from being creatively bankrupt suits looking to suck the life out of viewers with their genreshit.
>>
The Americans is nice

apart from that though yeah I dunno
>>
>>79709385
>let's put sarah paulson in literally everything
Even HBO isn't this committed to shoving one person down your throat.
>>
>>79709601
Michael K. Williams anon, Michael K. Williams.
>>
>>79709207
>You're the Worst and Man Seeking Woman are plain insufferable

Stopped reading there. If you can name a better pairing of romantic comedies on television, I will suck your dick. You're clearly a pleb. Stick to CBS comedies.
>>
>>79709606
Fair point. But can we agree that Michael K. Williams is vastly more enjoyable than Sarah Paulson?
>>
>>79709207
>Legion is unnecessary
What does this even mean? What would be a necessary television show?
>>
>>79709643
Sure, but what sort of nuance does Michael K. Williams brings that necessitates him to be a major character in 3 shows (possibly 4, The Deuce will likely have something for him)? He's not really a good actor.
>>
>>79709207
>canceled Terriers after one season
>>
>>79709630
>television romantic comedies
Leave it to a nigger like you to have an affinity for AIDS.
>>
I think the saddest thing about this board is that noone wants to discuss the films and tv they like, Everyone just bitches about what they hate. Like is it so hard to just not watch these shows if you hate them so much?
>>
Fargo comes out in April, you cuck.
>>
>>79709683
>It's bad because I don't like the genre!!

Literally pleb-tier. Let me guess, you're fourteen and you like all music except for rap and country?
>>
>>79709703
I'm 26 and pardon me for not being a fan of the show created by the EP of such amazing shows as Weeds and Orange is the New Black.
>>
>>79709689
>cuck
Haha, meme.
>>
>>79709401

I really hope you only made this thread because you were bored. This thread is an embarrassing reach desu. Not even because you are wrong - you are - but because your reasoning for shows not being worthy is poor and you leave great shows out.
>>
>>79709725
You're judging shows based on who the executive producer is? I'm fairly sure the writers, actors, directors, cinematographers, and special effects team are vastly more important to the quality of a series. Man Seeking Woman is one of the most imaginative television shows currently airing, and You're the Worst specializes in breaking the tropes and conventions of its genre. Both are infinitely better than whatever trash you waste your meaningless life watching, you goddamn mutant.
>>
>>79709675
He played Omar though
>>
>>79709686
>like is it so hard to just not watch these shows if you hate them so much?
Actually, yes. There are so many TV shows from so many different sources that it's literally impossible for even critics to keep up with all of it. You have to stomach a disproportionate amount of dogshit just in the filtering process to find something that you'll actually enjoy.

It's further compounded by the fact that a lot of quality shows take some time before they find their footing. So it's easy to watch an entire season of something that is downright horrible because you keep on waiting for it to get better.
>>
you're the worst, baskets and Louie are absolutely GOAT
>>
>>79709792
I watched You're the Worst's first season as it aired. It's awful. You're a fag for liking it. Peace.
>>
>>79709887
>Your sexuality is defined by the media you consume.
Mmmm look at this insecure little white man... look at him and laugh... in dispare
>>
>>79709912
Lol you're the one getting all bothered because I'm insulting your favorite relationship comedy/drama with third grade vulgar dialogue to remind the audience when the laughs are supposed to happen.
>>
>>79709923
But why are you responding to ME? Are you bothered? perchance..
>>
>>79709827
But wouldnt it be easier to find good shows if people on tv were actually talking about them instead of complaining about the bad ones?
>>
>>79709812
he milked that titty dry before Obama was re-elected.
>>
>>79709931
>ME?
found the redditer
>>
>>79709937
It's difficult to say at this point. I've grown so accustomed to the contrarian shitposting that I truly have no idea who/what to believe.
>john wick (the first one) is pure kino
That was the last recommendation I followed and I haven't trusted anything from here since.
>>
>>79709887
No you didn't, you lying cuck. Don't lie to me, bitch.

You don't have the attention span to sit through a sitcom without catchphrases or an everyman looking into the camera with a bemused look on his face.
>>
>>79709991
I usually only watch something if it already interests me (i.e. based on something i already like like a comic or novel, or if ive seen ads or marketing for it that make me interested). Ill generally only watch something "recommended" if i know the person recommending it has similar tastes to me or if alot of people recommend it.
Youd be a fool to watch something just coz someone on the net tells you to, especially anonymous, they could have completely different taste or could be straight up trolling
>>
>>79709923
>I'm insulting your favorite relationship comedy/drama with third grade vulgar dialogue to remind the audience when the laughs are supposed to happen.

So you lied about watching it.
>>
>>79710077
>>79710050
It's exactly what happens you little bitch.
>OMG like that one time you did Special K off my vag
Or something like that. Awful.
>>
File: 306.jpg (11KB, 236x320px) Image search: [Google]
306.jpg
11KB, 236x320px
Jacky Boy himself just said today he is coming back to the new SoA prequel about the Mayans for some guest appearances, which means hopefully Chibbs and Opie and Tig and Clay will be there too to make appearances. That could be really good. It'll be nice to have threads about brown reaching out to white to get back at black for going at yellow because WE ARE GETTING OUT OF GUNS again.
>>
FX hasn't done anything good since The Shield
>>
>>79709991

First of all John Wick was great what the fuck is wrong with you, do you hate fun?

Second don't ever listen to anyone on here that uses the word "kino". They're twelve years old at best and probably mexican and fat too.
>>
>>79710087
The show is intentionally "vulgar" if you're an octogenarian, maybe.
>>
>>79710131
It's vulgar in the way like that 6th grader who discovers cursing and sex jokes so he uses it every other sentence. It's embarrassing to watch. And not to mention the characters aren't played by comedians, but "actors", so the comedy always falls flat on its face.
>>
>>79710122
Justified?
Terriers?
Americans?
Fargo?

They beat other networks based on their crime dramas alone.
>>
Baskets is great, the rest is faggy
>>
>>79710156
>It's vulgar in the way like that 6th grader who discovers cursing and sex jokes so he uses it every other sentence.

That's just not an accurate description of the show, sorry. It's like you're talking about It's Always Sunny or something.
>>
>Taboo was a failure

In what way? It hasn't even finished airing it's first season and Knight said there will be more seasons.
>>
>>79710182
>That's just not an accurate description of the show, sorry.
It's totally a description of the show and you know it. The comedy always feels forced because the actors don't know how to be funny. They're drama actors. The show is a drama first and foremost with a bunch of weak sex humor shoved in there for idiots like you to laugh at.
>>
how has no one talked about atlanta
>>
Mmhmm

Be..very...careful...now
>>
>>79709207
>>Taboo was a failure
I actually just found this thread looking for threads about this. I saw a trailer and it looks interesting, I also love Tom Hardy's acting and that could probably carry the whole show for me.
Thoughts?

>>79709207
>>Legion is unnecessary
I had a side question about this. I thought marvel and netflix had some agreement? How are there non-netflix marvel shows?
>>
>>79710223
Start on S01E01, and come back after you've watched it.
>>
File: Exorcist.jpg (61KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Exorcist.jpg
61KB, 1200x800px
>>79709207
The Exorcist was the only good thing to come out of FX in 2016.

Even if it's quite hot to see Afonso Herrera as a priest and then watch Sense8 and see him as a fuccboi, feels good
>>
mmm
>>
hmm
>>
>>79710724
>>79710820
Oh!
>>
File: 1487713357625.png (460KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487713357625.png
460KB, 630x400px
>>79709207
>Taboo was a failure

Be very careful now...
>>
>>79710940
kek
>>
>>79710940
mhm
>>
>>79710940
fuck
>>
anyone remember the riches, and dirt? when those shows were coming out? those were the days when fx wanted to believe they were producing classics
>>
>>79709674
It means Op doesn't want a Marvel series that is not the same old by the numbers stuff Marvel Studios shits out.
>>
Archer hasnt crashed and burned like Always Sunny did

it hit a little turbulence but it can still pull up and finish its journey

always sunny is a flaming heap of charred screaming bodies with a few surviving redditors going "everythings ok here plz guys dun wurry"
>>
>>79711694
Archer has been shit since season two. Go back to /co/mblr.
>>
I knew FX was officially dead the day they unironically aired episode 1 of the Bastard Executioner.
>>
>>79709207
fucking hell i forgot about the strain, RIP.
>>
>>79711805
lol no it hasnt.

go back to whatever site you assume im from since you seem to know its culture and posters oh so well.
>>
>muh tv show id gud ur tb sho ibad

Ahhh to be a pleb must be invigorating sometimes.
>>
>>79709207
I like <muh nutka> even if its some mary sue shit.
Legion first 2 episodes where great.
Stoped watching archer and IASIP but maybe i will return to them at some point.
>>
>>79710098
>we will never have the old school SOA threads like the old days.
>>
>>79709207
>How will they recover to the days of The SHield and Rescue Me?

Rescue me was fucking shit though.
>>
>>79709207
What went Right?
>Taboo is a stunning achievement
>Legion is pure capekino
>The Strain never had any potential and is getting the boot
>Fargo and ACS are delayed to ensure top quality
>Archer and IASIP have gone on long yet are still better than most comedies on tv
>You're the Worst and Man Seeking Woman are plain insufferable if you're a virgin, pure datekino if you've been in a relationship.
>AHS has gotten worse and worse but it does bring in viewers to more deserving series.
>The Americans is literally the greatest show on TV*

Fixed
>>
>>79709207
What the fuck, legion is the only thing worthwhile from marvel besides hulk and the exmen
>>
>>79709207
>>Taboo was a failure

What is that show even about
>>
>>79712395

Pleb
>>
>>79712539
You obviously haven't seen seasons 4-7.
>>
>>79712537
Bane trying to claim his inheritance in order to reach a greater yet to be revealed goal... and to fuck his sister.
>>
>>79712256
>Legion first 2 episodes where great.

the third was decent two. better then the second one.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>79710996
>>79710724
>>79710820
>>79710876
I'm Siegmeyer of Catarina!
>>
>>79709207
If you ever saw anything resembling "potential" in The Strain your opinion is invalid
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.