[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (113KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113KB, 1920x1080px
>And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somehwere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever got there he would be there.
>And then I woke up.

Literally what did he mean by this?
>>
>>79698751
Manifestation of his life's regret and acceptance that he is an old man, the country is no longer his and death is coming.
>>
>>79698751
>It's NoCountryforOldMen1080p.mkv after all.

Seriously?
>>
His father is a KKK member. The darkness conceals the numerous black victims that his dad was about to burn. He's afraid of his dad because his mother is black and he's half-black.
>>
>>79698751

It means his father had to blaze a trail through the same shit he did.
>>
>>79698815

More or less this.

But going even further, he realizes "his" country was never actually his at all. His entire life work, crumbled and made essentially moot before his eyes.
>>
Calling dubs now
>>
>>79698751
>>79698815
Yep it's about the continuous deterioration of morals and humanity's endless and confounding descent into an infinite black abyss

Think about how the Sheriff never actually encounters Chigurh, and always shows up too late, only able to witness the aftermath of the violence and carnage and try to make sense of it. The monologue is a metaphor for him retiring and giving up that pursuit because humanity's brutality can't be rationalized
>>
>>79698971

But the movie makes a point to let you know this isn't anything new. The guy in the wheelchair talks about how shit was just as bad when he was young. It's not a descent into the dark, it's realizing they've always been surrounded by it.
>>
>>79698971
>Think about how the Sheriff never actually encounters Chigurh, and always shows up too late, only able to witness the aftermath of the violence and carnage and try to make sense of it.

Furthermore when he does actually "put his soul at hazard and say, okay I'll be a part of this world" and attempt to confront Chigurgh, Chigurgh doesn't reciprocate the challenge and once again he's left unable to impact the world.
>>
>>79698751
He meant to check these dubs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.