[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see all these people judging movies based on camerawork,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1470410021000.png (31KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1470410021000.png
31KB, 400x388px
>see all these people judging movies based on camerawork, metaphors, lighting, pacing and more, as well as being able to confidently judge acting talent
>literally choose my favorite movie based on how much fun it is to watch

Who else /dumb/ here?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>79684867
That's a perfectly valid way to judge movies, but not great at expanding your taste in movies if that's your goal.
>>
>>79684867
Dumb people pick their favorite movies based on how many people say it's good.
>>
>>79684867
most people here. why do you think there are constant capeshit, star wars, and meme spam threads?
>>
>>79684867
well youre not wrong, but neither are they. while movies are both, they see them more as an art form, and you just want to escape and be entertained for a couple of hours
>>
>>79684867
Most people on here can't actually judge an acting performance. Most of these autists literally come out and say that the character as written hurt their feefees so it was bad acting.
>>
>>79684867
OP thats the difference between a critical analysis and a subjective opinion.
Everyone has their guilty pleasure movies that are trash, but fun or comfy enough to ignore (I fucking love masters of the universe for example, but i won't even try to defend it critically).
I guess the most important thing is to understand that liking a movie doesn't equate to the movie being good, and thats perfectly fine. Likewise i can appreciate a movie that i personally don't enjoy on a personal level, but is technically very well done.
Try to figure out what you like about the movie, what makes it "fun," and work out from that.
>>
>>79684867
They aren't any better than you.

>that acting was bad
>sure was paced slow
All that shit is sub-NC level critique and is rarely if ever expanded on beyond good or bad.
>>
>>79684867
The people in your first example choose movies for pretty much the same reason, they're just being more detailed in describing what made it "fun" to watch
>>
>>79685017
link 50 posts that does this
>>
>>79685017
>Most people on here can't actually judge an acting performance.
I think performance is one of the most subjective areas of critique, probably because film is a relatively new medium compared to theater, which has thousands of years of digestion on the craft.
Try to find the clip of Sir Ian Mckellen dissecting the tomorrow speech from Macbeth to see the kind of thoughtfulness that can go into a performance that is ultimately for the actors benefit and not the audience.
>>
>as a kid i just watched movies and either liked or disliked it, couldn't really tell if a movie was bad or not
>now i have a deeper understanding of movies so i can articulate what i liked and what i didn't like, and if a movie is objectively bad or not
Watching movies these days is a whole different experience than when i was a kid.

But still, even i enjoy shit movies once in a while just cause it's fun or other reasons. I mean i kinda enjoy the underworld movies even though i know they're garbage, but i just like them cause kate is hot as fuck in her selene makeup and tight leather outfits gunning people down.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.