[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched La la land, and Manchester by the sea. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1487194036952.jpg (29KB, 267x395px) Image search: [Google]
1487194036952.jpg
29KB, 267x395px
I just watched La la land, and Manchester by the sea. I've honestly been so fucking picked apart by these film for different reasons, I just feel a profound sadness inside myself. I feel hopelessly lost
>>
Purge your body of emotion and dedicate your life to a monastery
>>
File: 1483638488994.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483638488994.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>79675399

I would if I could
>>
>>79675502
What's stopping you?
>>
>>79675520

I'm a man strongly controlled by my emotions and feelings of empathy, in this case themes of despair and loss resonating with my own reflections of life
>>
I just watched La La Land and I'd just like to say thanks a lot, assholes.
>>
>>79675220
I watched La La Land on Saturday and it's still sticking with me. The film starts out so happy and predictable (to catch you off guard) but by the end it punches you in the gut.
>>
>>79677247

Because it made you realize you were gay.
>>
>>79675220
>>79676644
>>79677247
I found the movie mentally and emotionally unengaging. I don't understand the praise.
>>
>>79677274

You have to leave my thread now

>>79677282

You have to leave my thread now
>>
>>79677274
You'll change your mind once you can find a girl to love you.

>>79677282
Sebastian's explanation of jazz works as an allegory for the film and life. There isn't a right answer to getting everything you want in life--it's compromises, it's pushes and pulls, it's serendipity, it's alive and contentious.

Mia and Sebastian weren't going to get everything they wanted. If Sebastian followed Mia to Paris he'd have to give up his dream. Mia and Sebastian chose their dreams over each other, and at the end they're not really sure if they made the right choice, but they reassure each other that they did with a knowing smile.

Personally, I think they realized that their dreams were just dreams and each other was more important.
>>
>>79677418
aw, that's sad :(
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.