[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got around to watching this last night and found it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I finally got around to watching this last night and found it to be a real treat. I had previously watched A Single Man and it seems after watching Nocturnal Animals as well Tom Ford has a great way of conveying emotion in his films subtlety in his films, I really hope he makes more in the future.

Opinions?
>>
>>79663931
NA> ASM
best film of the year along with Manchester
>>
Great flim, Hope Michael Shannon wins on Oscar for his performance
>>
This movie was a bit too obvious.
>the REVENGE painting
>gyllenhaal's character literally telling amy adams the theme of the movie
>can't decide whether it wants to praise or lambaste the art world

The cinematography and acting were good though. Final scene was a punch to the gut too.
>>
>>79664133
Ford is also in desperate need of a good composer to tie his films together. I don't remember the music in either of his films.
>>
>>79664133
I agree. there was a few objects of symbolism that were very obvious, the red couch also comes to mind. Overall though definitely an awesome film. Gyllenhaals performances in the past few years have been very impressive and he was also great in this movie in my opinion
>>
>>79663931
Let's exchange information.
>>
>>79663931
daughter was ugly AF
>>
>>79664351
He must've gone to acting school after brokeback mountain, because he and anne hathaway were fucking terrible in that. That was the last thing I saw him in before recently, so I was shocked when I saw enemy/prisoners/nocturnal animals because he really was great.
>>
>>79664161

Both scores were very similar, they weren't fantastic but they served to match the tone and emotional content of the scenes.
>>
not engaging at all

fell asleep to it
>>
im surprised it was so well received. i liked 'a single man' but even though this one had good acting and visuals, the story just wasnt interesting to me. i'll check out his next movie though.
>>
File: welldun.jpg (33KB, 450x394px) Image search: [Google]
welldun.jpg
33KB, 450x394px
>>79664391
Well done.
>>
This movie also made me realize Tom Ford has an eye for action. I doubt he'll do anything cool with that though
>>
>>79664430
The fact he wasn't nominated for an oscar for Nightcrawler is mindblowing
>>
>>79664435

Really? The whole abduction scene was one of the more tense moments in anything I've seen recently. I was anxiously anticipating some kind of brutal violence to happen.
>>
>>79664539
Very good scene, his total lack of power in the situation was difficult to watch.
I didn't know what to expect, but really liked this movie.
>>
>>79664161
I remember every songs in A Single Man
>>79664011
A single man is a better film
>>
>>79664982

For me its like apples and oranges, ASM was heart wrenching and I honestly felt Georges pain. Whilst NA was tense and unsettling and summoned up completely different feelings, I did identify a little with Susan at the start but you come to realize she's in a bed of her own making and deserves the guilt she feels.
>>
>>79665083

I'm not saying she is innocent, but from what we've seen, Edward brushed off everything that didn't fit into his idealised view of her.
The way she left was pretty fucked up, but he was unwilling to compromise even a little.

I suppose the moral of the film was that she was wrong to leave, but he did seem pretty weak and selfish in the flashbacks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.